Log SMALLEST ATX CASE : CERBERUS-X (Complete build log)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cerberus-X is back (for now) : Corsair SF1000 (24th July 2024)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you may know, I moved my main setup from Cerberus-X to FormD T1...but finally I'm back to my Cerberus-X as I handed over my FormD T1 to my family members.
Within this change, I was forced to also include one of my Corsair SF750.

At first thought I was bit puzzled...but I just realized Corsair has just released their new SFX PSU lineup, up to 1000W!
It took me, almost 5 minutes, to buy Corsair SF1000!

I decided to make a short comparison SF750 (2019) vs SF1000 (2024) :

Externally it is a strict respect of SFX form factor (unlike Cooler Master).
However, main change relies on the provided cable.

Type 5 connector (connected to SFX SF1000) are WAY smaller than previous Type 4. In practice Type 5 connectors are way more complicated to fit on the PSU vs Type 4.

It is important to note that SF1000 cables are stiffer compared to SF750 (2019).
PCIe connector was complicated to bend!

The best was to come, efficiency of this Corsair SF1000!

While gaming with a power consumption of around 350-380W, Corsair SF1000 is not spinning at all!! It took a couple of minutes to the fan to start spinning, most probably due to the thermals!

Overall, I'm very pleased with this Corsair SF1000 (2024)!
It is a noticeable upgrade versus Corsair SF750 (2019) except on the more stiff cables.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Silver Supporter
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Cerberus-X is back (for now) : Corsair SF1000 (24th July 2024)

As you may know, I moved my main setup from Cerberus-X to FormD T1...but finally I'm back to my Cerberus-X as I handed over my FormD T1 to my family members.
Within this change, I was forced to also include one of my Corsair SF750.

At first thought I was bit puzzled...but I just realized Corsair has just released their new SFX PSU lineup, up to 1000W!
It took me, almost 5 minutes, to buy Corsair SF1000!

I decided to make a short comparison SF750 (2019) vs SF1000 (2024) :

Externally it is a strict respect of SFX form factor (unlike Cooler Master).
However, main change relies on the provided cable.

Type 5 connector (connected to SFX SF1000) are WAY smaller than previous Type 4. In practice Type 5 connectors are way more complicated to fit on the PSU vs Type 4.

It is important to note that SF1000 cables are stiffer compared to SF750 (2019).
PCIe connector was complicated to bend!

The best was to come, efficiency of this Corsair SF1000!

While gaming with a power consumption of around 350-380W, Corsair SF1000 is not spinning at all!! It took a couple of minutes to the fan to start spinning, most probably due to the thermals!

Overall, I'm very pleased with this Corsair SF1000 (2024)!
It is a noticeable upgrade versus Corsair SF750 (2019) except on the more stiff cables.
BTW: Best and first post I've seen so far which is showing a side-by-side comparison of the PSU cables. Everybody else so far has only shown the PSUs themselves. Which I dont care about. I want information on the cabling! :)

cu, w0lf.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
BTW: Best and first post I've seen so far which is showing a side-by-side comparison of the PSU cables. Everybody else so far has only shown the PSUs themselves. Which I dont care about. I want information on the cabling! :)

cu, w0lf.
Your welcome!

Definitively I prefer (2019) Corsair SF750 cables & Type 4 connectors compared to (2024) Corsair SF1000 ones.
SF1000 is not at the level of Sivlerstone stiffness...but not so far.