The Chimera MachOne: For the pros. Small meets flexible.

epulicious

Efficiency Noob
Nov 5, 2018
I've just ordered a ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Impact M-DTX-Mainboard along with an AMD Ryzen R9 3900x.. all that's missing now is the beautiful machone including the announced m-dtx support <3
really hope 2020 is the year when it finally arrives!

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
I've just ordered a ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Impact M-DTX-Mainboard along with an AMD Ryzen R9 3900x.. all that's missing now is the beautiful machone including the announced m-dtx support <3
really hope 2020 is the year when it finally arrives!

That's exactly the setup I have right now. I have the Ncase M1 on the way, but as I said, this case is too beautiful so I'll also buy this when it's available.

Reactions: epulicious

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

ATX case thread.

Maybe next month I can show what I want to do with the MachOne execution.

epulicious

Efficiency Noob
Nov 5, 2018
Valentines day ?
normal people: i have to buy chocolate for my love
Wahaha360: I love you guys, here is my plan for the MachOne ;D

really looking forward to it.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Maybe next month I can show what I want to do with the MachOne execution.

@Wahaha360 , it is technically next month...! With the teasers of the (forthcoming) Cerebus Mini, and the (not-quite SFF) Lian Li TU150 out there, I am thinking of a new home for my mDTX motherboard, and am really interested to see what the mDTX MachOne offers...! Come on man, give us something...! ;^p

Reactions: epulicious and M1AF

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Watching the C4 and T1 release has me hopeful we can get a picture of this case some time soon. Mach One has been back burnered into oblivion.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Mini-ITX MachOne using Sidearmd resources will come first:

Once I figure out how to quality control the front panel, where holes are around a curve, I will make the Mini-DTX / Micro ATX version.

kkl888

Chassis Packer
Dec 8, 2019
Love the design. Hope it would release in 2020. Will definitely grab one.

Btw, I have few questions regarding to cooling performance based on the air cooling layouts:
1. Would CPU always intake hot air from front GPU if the air pressure is from front to back in Gear One layout? Since the side panel is not perforated, it seems like it could potential blowing hot air from GPU to the CPU, and CPU cannot intake any cool fresh air.
2. Most GPUs are now open-air. Would it cause cyclic hot air between GPU and front case fan in Gear Two?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Love the design. Hope it would release in 2020. Will definitely grab one.

Btw, I have few questions regarding to cooling performance based on the air cooling layouts:
1. Would CPU always intake hot air from front GPU if the air pressure is from front to back in Gear One layout? Since the side panel is not perforated, it seems like it could potential blowing hot air from GPU to the CPU, and CPU cannot intake any cool fresh air.
2. Most GPUs are now open-air. Would it cause cyclic hot air between GPU and front case fan in Gear Two?

1. it's a problem with prototype design, so I added fan mounting next to motherboard in my latest iteration (not shown).
2. it's a problem with prototype design, adding fans next to motherboard in my latest iteration is my attempt to address this problem.

I'm not working on the large Mach One at the moment. I'm working on a smaller one first.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Don't know which I like more between this and the Sidearm P1. Might end up buying both even though I already have an N1 haha, they are all just too pretty.

Vacceo

Average Stuffer
Mar 17, 2020
I know the development of the MachOne is on hold till the vertical sidearmd is released but I was thinking...

Is it possible to implement the back side symetrical to the front to increase the options for watercooling? Just as the upper front part has the room for the bay res with a pump, the back could use an upper (or lower) cutout for the PSU and the space upwards or downwards for a radiator and fans.

LegendsofMace

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
1. it's a problem with prototype design, so I added fan mounting next to motherboard in my latest iteration (not shown).
2. it's a problem with prototype design, adding fans next to motherboard in my latest iteration is my attempt to address this problem.

I'm not working on the large Mach One at the moment. I'm working on a smaller one first.

Any updates on the Mach One? Been really interested in this case, are there two versions of it now?