Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@MarcParis

You can easily put the cooler in. I have LPX Corsair Memory which allows me to put the 3rd fan in easily. The panels can be bent a bit outwards if anything slightly off doesn't fit. I didn't have any issues with it at all.
Thanks for this nice photo...:)
Indeed, fuma is fitting barely inside cerberus...:)

What is impact with or without side panel on cpu temperature?

kecoal2

Caliper Novice
May 6, 2018
It's about 5-6 degrees cooler playing siege.

I pulled my PSU out and played with the top off and no system crashes. So I redid my cabling again and instead of craming my cables underneath the PSU. I just let them hang. I got the freeze once when my fan speed was too low. Once I used the preset standard speed in ASROCK Bios at standard its been running fine. Still not sure the exact reason why this is happening. Possible PSU over heating due to lack of airflow? I really don't know

Part of me now wants to mod and shorten the cables, The cables are unnecessarily long.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com

I pulled my PSU out and played with the top off and no system crashes. So I redid my cabling again and instead of craming my cables underneath the PSU. I just let them hang. I got the freeze once when my fan speed was too low. Once I used the preset standard speed in ASROCK Bios at standard its been running fine. Still not sure the exact reason why this is happening. Possible PSU over heating due to lack of airflow? I really don't know

Part of me now wants to mod and shorten the cables, The cables are unnecessarily long.

That sounds unusual and I am not sure if it’s cause of the PSUs temperatures...before your wasting more of your time: I would get a secondary powersupply and check if it’s the PSU or maybe even the cables? Maybe they’ve get to much bend or one of the pins is not correctly through the connector? Such a crash doesn’t happen cause of high temps (reasonable tho) sure the fan speed of the psu might rise but it doesn’t shut down that easily if it’s running correctly. Like @MarcParis already told you, the source of your issue has to be either a faulty PSU / cable or something else in the system. Cheers

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Could you describe more your freeze/crash please?
If it's a cpu or PSU overheating, the complete system is put offline directly. In case of PSU, you even need to unplug/plug again the psu to restart.
If the program shuts down and you return to desktop, it could be memory issue (too agressive timing, etc...)
If you have a blue screen, it could be simply linked to a too agressive cpu overclock. (it happened so many time while OC my ryzen 7 1700X..:))

If your setup is working well while your psu is out, that means your components are fine...however something is getting wrong while they are put together in the case..;)

Please also monitor your components temperature while gaming (ram, ssd, chipset, cpu, gpu ) HWinfo64 and msi afterbuner/riva tuner.

Reactions: Biowarejak

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I wanted to share a "new" "direct" competitor of Cerberus-X : Zadak 511, 19.7l modded case with watercooling tubing integrated in panels in order to save volume.
http://zadak511.com/product_info.html?pro_sn=6#home

Setup inside this zadak is not crazy (SFX 500W psu, 8700K, GTX 1080, SSD M.2 nvme, and gentle typhoon 2150 fan..;))

Clearly Cerberus-X and Zadak are not playing on the same market..:)
But I found interesting that modders are focusing on making smaller ATX cases, like Cerberus-X is doing.

Do you think that ATX SFF market should/will grow?

MrBreakfst

Caliper Novice
Jul 27, 2016
I wanted to share a "new" "direct" competitor of Cerberus-X : Zadak 511, 19.7l modded case with watercooling tubing integrated in panels in order to save volume.
http://zadak511.com/product_info.html?pro_sn=6#home

Setup inside this zadak is not crazy (SFX 500W psu, 8700K, GTX 1080, SSD M.2 nvme, and gentle typhoon 2150 fan..;))

Clearly Cerberus-X and Zadak are not playing on the same market..:)
But I found interesting that modders are focusing on making smaller ATX cases, like Cerberus-X is doing.

What even is this font

Sancus

Trash Compacter
Nov 12, 2017

The big motivation(to me) to use ATX is that there really aren't motherboards comparable to the high-end Asus ROG/Asrock Taichi etc being made in the smaller form factors. Personally I'd rather motherboard manufacturers build more robust mATX or mITX motherboards. But right now, if you want more robust VRMs and the best features for overclocking, you generally are forced to go with ATX. Other than that, it's a rare build that needs the extra expansion slots.

As long as mITX/mATX motherboards are limited in baseline capability, there's an important place for SFF ATX cases.

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018

Full side windows, SSD bracket to cover cable clutter, and dual top fan brackets coming next week!
That dual top fan bracket makes me sad. I literally bought the handle kit three weeks ago to mount a top fan to the case, and now this comes out. Well it's upgrade time again.

bran

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2018

I don't think that case is making a good case, (pun, so what?), For small ATX enclosure. It doesn't allow the full use of all the PCIe slits . If I have 60 PCIe lanes, I'm gonna need to use them .

I think cases like the raijintek Thetis is more interesting for the market. Non boutique price tag, tremendous compatibility.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com

Full side windows, SSD bracket to cover cable clutter, and dual top fan brackets coming next week!

After you announced the top dual fan option I was patiently waiting and gosh this was worth it! Especially with the Window...damn! I love it!

Just as a little note for you guys:
The EK Fluid Gaming Radiators have a thickness of 27,5mm so exactly the thickest possible radiator in a dual 240mm setup inside the Cerberus! ;)
And I have been talking to EK regarding Fluid Gaming Hardline Fittings...they should be online next week as well!!! <3
Good timing @KSliger

Reactions: KSliger

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

This is amazing!!! Thanks a lot for your continuous work!

@KSliger Is it possible to have the 15mm fan/fans mounted on the top with an ATX power supply? Never understood it!

Thank you again.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
This is amazing!!! Thanks a lot for your continuous work!

@KSliger Is it possible to have the 15mm fan/fans mounted on the top with an ATX power supply? Never understood it!

Thank you again.

Works with all power supply configurations, close fit depending on motherboard though

Ionplasma

Case Bender
Jun 23, 2018

Awesome! Glad I waited before ordering. What size fans are these? 120 or 140mm?

Would it be possible to have that included if I ordered this week and have it held until the dual fan mount is ready? I don't mind waiting extra for it. Or should I just wait until next week to order?