Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Spartoi

Caliper Novice
Jun 4, 2018
It seems the window panel does lay flat as there aren't any clips for the middle section. So while the top and bottom clip in fine, the middle bulges out as there is nothing to hold it down.

Has anyone done a full (CPU+GPU) custom loop in the Cerberus X? I can't seem to find any. I ordered a case and planning one with a 280/240 (bottom/front) and would like to see other builds to confirm compatibility and different layout configurations.

Finally got my beige Cerberus X. The beige looks mostly (soft) white to me so I'm not sure if there's any point in having a beige and white option. Anyways, as I haven't been able to find a build with full custom loop in the Cerberus X, I thought I should share mine.

The pump/res is mounted using the included mounting kit + some screws and washers for anyone interested. I thought I might have to change my PSU as it's kinda long (170mm) but managed to make it fit. If I were building from scratch and not re-using parts from a previous build I would probably have went with a shorter PSU like the Seasonic Focus Gold series (140mm) as fitting the pump on the bracket next to the PSU required some specific order of operations + stress.

PC Parts:
  • Ryzen 2700x
  • Titan X (Pascal)
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ CL14
  • 2x 1TB M.2 SSDs
  • Seasonic PRIME ULTRA 1000 Titanium PSU
Watercooling Parts:
  • Hardware Labs GTS 280 (Front) w/ Be Quiet! SilentWings 3
  • Hardware Labs GTS 240 (Bottom) w/ Phanteks PH-F120MP
  • Swiftech Maelstrom Reservoir with Integrated D5 Pump (50mm res)
  • XSPC Raystorm Neo CPU Block
  • EKWB Titan X Pascal Waterblock
  • XSPC Fittings (3/8" ID, 5/8" OD)
  • Mayhems Pastel White Coolant

Last edited:

Ionplasma

Case Bender
Jun 23, 2018
I'm looking to downsize my current build and Cerberus X seems to fits the bill.

Got a couple questions though:
I plan on using the ATX PSU mount, will I be able to mount a 120mm fan at the top with this setup?

I like the look of the unvented side panel but I'm not sure how it will affect thermals with an ATX PSU and open air GPU cooler. Which should I get? Guess it would depend on if I can use a fan on the top.

kecoal2

Caliper Novice
May 6, 2018
okay I did an ATX Power Supply mount in the front. Here is what I have found.

ATX Front Mounted:
1. The Power Supply sits ever so slightly on the edge of the motherboard leaving a channel right beneath it to possibly mount a ssd or run wires through.
2. Getting the power supply to sit further up is a challenge to make sure you push the front IO cables to the top so they don't get crushed.The further you push them up or get thinner USB cables the clearance you have to push the power supply up higher.
3. I have a standard length GTX 1080 FTW 2 ICX card. Since I have the standard length the only clearance issue with modular PSU stuff is where the cables come out. If your big 24pin connector cable is closest to the GPU it is going to harder. I was able to get around it by spreading the cables out flatter from my PSU, which gave me the clearance I needed for the GPU.
4. There is a possibility of GPU Sag/pressure from the PSU cables. If you cable manage really well there won't be any sag. Little to no sag really.
5. Securing the Power supply was easy in my scenario. I have zip the grill of the PSU facing the front so it's pulling fresh air in. All I did is loop zip ties through to keep it in place. 4 Zip ties and it was fine.
6. Cable Management: I used the space beneath the GPU/PSU to put my 2.5 inch drives + the rest of my cables. bundled. I bet if you work hard enough you can easily have a 140mm or 120mm there if you don't bind your cables to the front mesh of the case.
7. This is a super tight fit, but it seriously allows you to put most of your standard ATX components. To be honest, I think this is the ideal setup since you can put hard drives in the area where the PSU is being cable managed and then have the entire bottom be fresh intake. Let the CPU cooler draw in fresh air from the back side. and natural exhaust to the top.

Overall after spending 2 hours cable managing that area I was actually able to do it. I have a noctua dh15 stuck in there since I don't have a compatible cooler at the moment.

Here are pictures, @KSliger, can we make a mounting bracket for this?

KerBlitz Kerman

Case Bender
Jun 25, 2018
I have a small question about paint jobs.
I know Sliger offers powder coating. I would like to know you guys would offer 'special editions' or a Cerberus (X) with custom panel designs.
For example maybe blued (blueing is an process for tempering steel to protect it from rust it corrosion) steel panels.

Here are some examples of blued steel:

Yeah. Pretty :cool:.
Not 'ew steel'

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I have a small question about paint jobs.
I know Sliger offers powder coating. I would like to know you guys would offer 'special editions' or a Cerberus (X) with custom panel designs.
For example maybe blued (blueing is an process for tempering steel to protect it from rust it corrosion) steel panels.

Here are some examples of blued steel:

Yeah. Pretty :cool:.
Not 'ew steel'

We can do custom powder coat colors but doing that would require making the panels out of cold rolled steel, but anything is possible although may be costly. I've wanted to do steel panels for a while, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Reactions: VegetableStu

Johnny0971

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
For those of you who consider getting this case or just like Noctua fans, this post is for you.

I did this build in december and I love the Cerberus X case, it is as close to perfection in a case that I have ever got.

Rough specs are Threadripper 1950X, a Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+, a 3,5' HDD, and some other good stuff, CPU is cooled by Enermax TR4 240 AIO.

I have been using the Noctua iPPC NF-F12 fans from the start as an upgrade from the AIO stock fans, and also two additional in the front, a total of 4 120mm fans.

The system has been close to perfect, the only caveat being the noise levels generated by the iPPC fans. I have tried the regular NF-F12 fans but they did not move enough air to cool the components.

When Noctua released the new Noctua NF-A12x25 fans I got really excited, of course I had to try them out.

They finally arrived today and I got to install them, the difference is night and day. They are completely silent, the iPPC are not comparable, even with same RPM.

Funny thing is, the temperatures are equal or just slightly higher during stress testing, despite the new fans running at lower RPM and maximum being 2000 RPM, I used to run the iPPC fans at 2400-2700 RPM during heavy load.

I can wholeheartedly recommend these fans for anyone who is considering them, the color scheme is funky ( I like it ) but if you can look past that you get amazing airflow and very low noise levels.

Sancus

Trash Compacter
Nov 12, 2017
Yeah I bought 3xML120s for my build(best performing 120mm radiator fans at the time) and now I'm seriously considering replacing them with the Noctua NF-A12x25s because of how much quieter reviews have been indicating they are at a given rpm.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
For those of you who consider getting this case or just like Noctua fans, this post is for you.

I did this build in december and I love the Cerberus X case, it is as close to perfection in a case that I have ever got.

Rough specs are Threadripper 1950X, a Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+, a 3,5' HDD, and some other good stuff, CPU is cooled by Enermax TR4 240 AIO.

I have been using the Noctua iPPC NF-F12 fans from the start as an upgrade from the AIO stock fans, and also two additional in the front, a total of 4 120mm fans.

The system has been close to perfect, the only caveat being the noise levels generated by the iPPC fans. I have tried the regular NF-F12 fans but they did not move enough air to cool the components.

When Noctua released the new Noctua NF-A12x25 fans I got really excited, of course I had to try them out.

They finally arrived today and I got to install them, the difference is night and day. They are completely silent, the iPPC are not comparable, even with same RPM.

Funny thing is, the temperatures are equal or just slightly higher during stress testing, despite the new fans running at lower RPM and maximum being 2000 RPM, I used to run the iPPC fans at 2400-2700 RPM during heavy load.

I can wholeheartedly recommend these fans for anyone who is considering them, the color scheme is funky ( I like it ) but if you can look past that you get amazing airflow and very low noise levels.

Amazing job man! I am waiting for the new Threadripper and MB to finish and close this amazing case and test the noctuas!

One question, where did you find the dust filter? The bottom one seems perfectly fitted!

Thanks for your reply!

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Hey guys! :)
Considering to get the mATX Cerberus for my personal setup with the MSI X299M Gaming Pro Carbon + i7-7820X...this system will be equipped with the upcoming GTX 1180 (whatever it’ll be called) so I am not in a hurry. The plan would be to get a custom loop inside as EKWB released this week a Monoblock for my board and I moved from my previous In Win 301 to a open testbench for a Z390 + i9-9900K comparison.

So I am willing to wait for the updated revision with a dual 120mm mount at the top. The PSU would be the new Corsair SF600 Platinum over the mobo layout. As I am considering a CPU + GPU loop:
Can I fit two 240mm radiators in the front & bottom? What’s the maximum thickness when each radiator is equipped with two 120mm fans (guess I will go for pull to dissipate the heat through the chassi when the radiators are mounted to the frame. Is there any reason to go for push?) EK-CoolStream SE thickness: 28mm

Oh and is it possible to mount a Corsair H115i Pro RGB (280mm) in the front? 315mm x 143mm x 29mm

Kind regards from Germany!

Reactions: KSliger

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
EDIT: FOUND THEM ON THE FIRST PAGE, JUST ADDED 6CM TO THE FRONT ONE. :cool:

Hi guys, do you know where I can find the SKP model of the Cerberus-X or some pages with dimensions? I need the front and bottom with the holes, to order a custom made dust filter.
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

kecoal2

Caliper Novice
May 6, 2018
Dude how are you able to close the side panel with an nh-d15?

I did not close the panel :p. My Cerberus is still half open. I ordered a Scythe Fuma Rev B that I will use with triple fans.

Hey guys! :)
Oh and is it possible to mount a Corsair H115i Pro RGB (280mm) in the front? 315mm x 143mm x 29mm

I believe with ATX Power Supplies I can fit about < 35mm clearance. It says so on sliger's website. Please be careful you need to make your tubes can clear the space. They need to be right outside of PSU or have right angle nozzles like some of the corsairs. (I haven't switched to an AIO so I am going to stick with the current configuration I am doing) The enermax TR4 coolers fit and they will be coming out with the same version for all sockets.

Johnny0971

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
Yeah I bought 3xML120s for my build(best performing 120mm radiator fans at the time) and now I'm seriously considering replacing them with the Noctua NF-A12x25s because of how much quieter reviews have been indicating they are at a given rpm.

Amazing job man! I am waiting for the new Threadripper and MB to finish and close this amazing case and test the noctuas!

One question, where did you find the dust filter? The bottom one seems perfectly fitted!

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, I can really recommend these fans, so silent and moves a huge amount of air, it is crazy how good they are. I'm very surprised actually, I had the Noctua iPPC before so I did not expect them to keep roughly the same temperature, but they do.

The filters I'm using are from http://www.demcifilter.com/ , in the front I have two Ncase M1 120mm filters, https://www.demcifilter.com/demcifl...for-ncase-m1-120mm-square-2-pack-dust-filters ,and in bottom I have one originally made for Ncase M1, https://www.demcifilter.com/demciflex-magnetic-dust-filter-for-ncase-m1-v2-bottom-dust-filter .

Good luck!

Reactions: fabio

Cortsar

Efficiency Noob
Feb 22, 2017
Its been a while since I received my Cerberus. I wanted to post pictures but it looked like garbo given how little prepared I was for such a small case. Here is my PC from beginning to end. Ended up doing my own sleeving since very few places offered such short cables. After a lot of burning and learning, it is done.
For context, the picture with my computer guts out was with the stock cables. I couldnt fit the liquid cooler on the front of the case which was the plan so I could fit a second 1080 in the future. Made my own cables and was able have plenty of space for an extra gpu and even another fan in the front if needed.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Yeah, I can really recommend these fans, so silent and moves a huge amount of air, it is crazy how good they are. I'm very surprised actually, I had the Noctua iPPC before so I did not expect them to keep roughly the same temperature, but they do.

The filters I'm using are from http://www.demcifilter.com/ , in the front I have two Ncase M1 120mm filters, https://www.demcifilter.com/demcifl...for-ncase-m1-120mm-square-2-pack-dust-filters ,and in bottom I have one originally made for Ncase M1, https://www.demcifilter.com/demciflex-magnetic-dust-filter-for-ncase-m1-v2-bottom-dust-filter .

Good luck!

Thanks a lot! Ordered!

I have one question fot @KSliger, becasue my USB 3 cable arrived in blue, could you suggest one website where I can looking for a black one, of different sizes? Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Biowarejak