Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

bran

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2018
Unfortunate that we have to look at full open loop parts just to have a solution that works. Guess my other option is to just throw a Kraken or something and deal with the subpar heat transfer.

bran

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2018
Switching up the radiator is at extra cost might as well just go with EK's AIO. Can always buy another modular CPU block when they introduce a better one.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
yeah the first block isn't worth buying I think ._. it might be the 115X/20XX/AM4 plate area, and if the default asetek coolers on TR4 has taught anyone anything...

Reactions: Biowarejak

A.wypt

Chassis Packer
Jan 17, 2018
Just a thought, but you could always see if the case screws above and below the fan on the bottome of the psu line up with the front vent holes and maybe use those to carefully screw it to the front panel instead of anchoring to the top giving you the freedom to move it down as long as there is room.

I know it's tight already between the PS and your graphics card, but could you lower the PS using longer bolts and some spacers below the top of the frame so that the power cable can pass underneath the top fan bracket?

Yeah I originally thought about using the fan side as the mounting point for the PSU. The 4 fan screw fit well, but the GPU completely blocks the PSU connectors.

I managed to push down the PSU further, using zip tie for now. Still finding a long enough screw to mount it... Thinking of shaving some bits of the rubber of the cord;

BUT; it cause a massive sag for the GPU. It's assaulting the eyes when I saw it;
That's a 1080Ti FE with Morpheus II, been working fine so far with that sag. . If it's the Zotac 1080Ti mini, it'll probably have no problem. I guess technically you can fit a ATX PSU at the front, maybe not so practical when standard GPU is concerned.

yo!
I wonder how many cerberus owners are there here, LOL

Aye, if you saw a guy carrying that at the MRT, it's probably me. :D
Carried it from AMK to Outram where my office is to test out practicality of actually moving it from places to places and it aces.
As long as your destination already have the monitor and peripherals set up, it's plug and play, like a laptop and a docking station.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Aye, if you saw a guy carrying that at the MRT, it's probably me. :D
whoa O_O that's brave and crazy dedication!!!

(looking at that GPU pic though... this is why I try to only get reference length GPUs ._. although that excludes the use of EVGA and STRIX cards ,_,)

kecoal2

Caliper Novice
May 6, 2018
I ordered my Cerberus X from Sliger. Lets see if I can do the ATX PSU mod as well. I also have a seasonic PSU same one. Pictures to come whenever it is delivered. I also have NH D15 lets see how it looks without the side panel on!

A.wypt

Chassis Packer
Jan 17, 2018
I ordered my Cerberus X from Sliger. Lets see if I can do the ATX PSU mod as well. I also have a seasonic PSU same one. Pictures to come whenever it is delivered. I also have NH D15 lets see how it looks without the side panel on!

You're local too, aren't you?
I went from NH-D15 to beQuiet's Dark Rock TF specifically for this case. D15 is just sitting pretty on the desk for now.
Was previously on the EVGA Hybrid for the 1080Ti too, went Morpheus to front load the PSU and air only setup.

kecoal2

Caliper Novice
May 6, 2018
You're local too, aren't you?
I went from NH-D15 to beQuiet's Dark Rock TF specifically for this case. D15 is just sitting pretty on the desk for now.
Was previously on the EVGA Hybrid for the 1080Ti too, went Morpheus to front load the PSU and air only setup.

I didn’t really know modern sff cases existed until after I built my pc in a meshfy c. How is the dark rock? I am debating on getting an AIO with the psu mounted in the atx location. I am not sure what the right approach to take is.

A.wypt

Chassis Packer
Jan 17, 2018
I didn’t really know modern sff cases existed until after I built my pc in a meshfy c. How is the dark rock? I am debating on getting an AIO with the psu mounted in the atx location. I am not sure what the right approach to take is.

I came from the Mini C.
To my surprise, the Dark Rock in Cerberus performed better than my D15 in the Mini C. Not sure if it's because of other factors like fans etc... Right now the only fan are the ones on the Dark Rock and Morpheus.
Go for AIO if you don't plan to move the machine much, less movement, less air trapped in the loop (Maybe?)

wovie

Trash Compacter
Aug 18, 2015
On a similar note, what are some good air coolers for the Cerberus? I'm hearing Noctua NH-U9S, Dark Rock TF... any others?

kecoal2

Caliper Novice
May 6, 2018
I came from the Mini C.
To my surprise, the Dark Rock in Cerberus performed better than my D15 in the Mini C. Not sure if it's because of other factors like fans etc... Right now the only fan are the ones on the Dark Rock and Morpheus.
Go for AIO if you don't plan to move the machine much, less movement, less air trapped in the loop (Maybe?)

Did you have to push the Dark Rock TF IN ? it seems like a tight fit with the height restrictions

A.wypt

Chassis Packer
Jan 17, 2018
The Dark Rock is well within height restriction. There's about 10mm of clearance between the fan and the side panel.

Reactions: Phuncz

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Yeah I originally thought about using the fan side as the mounting point for the PSU. The 4 fan screw fit well, but the GPU completely blocks the PSU connectors.

I managed to push down the PSU further, using zip tie for now. Still finding a long enough screw to mount it... Thinking of shaving some bits of the rubber of the cord;

Can you send me more pictures of this? I'll make a bracket to support this as a mounting option.

Also I've had a lot of people ask about beige, so we will bring it back. But the vented windows are staying discontinued.