Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
After thinking about @confusis's matx article... :c

Nope. Gonna stick. I'll stick to this mATX done right.

Yeah...what a let-down EVGA has been lately (concerning their motherboards).

I got a Z270 Stinger which the manual says supports DC fans.,but nope, it doesn't. Contacted EVGA and after a month of back and forth messages, they are now saying this: "Unfortunately we no longer support, and do not plan to support DC fans for our motherboards." Why not? Is it really that hard to engineer this old technology into new motherboards?! Also, don't put it in the manual that it is supported if it is not.

Looks like I'm moving to ASUS motherboards in the future.

Reactions: Biowarejak

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yeah...what a let-down EVGA has been lately (concerning their motherboards).

I got a Z270 Stinger which the manual says supports DC fans.,but nope, it doesn't. Contacted EVGA and after a month of back and forth messages, they are now saying this: "Unfortunately we no longer support, and do not plan to support DC fans for our motherboards." Why not? Is it really that hard to engineer this old technology into new motherboards?! Also, don't put it in the manual that it is supported if it is not.

Looks like I'm moving to ASUS motherboards in the future.
That’s why it’s much better to rely on corsair commander mini/pro or nzxt grid+ v3...so far superior fan management versus motherboards...so better...

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
That’s why it’s much better to rely on corsair commander mini/pro or nzxt grid+ v3...so far superior fan management versus motherboards...so better...

I wish I had the space for one of those, but when you are watercooling in the Ncase M1 there's barely room for all the custom watercooling components as is.

SonicSparks91

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 15, 2017
I am torn between the Cerberus and the Cerberus-X I don't think I need the extra space the "X" offers. But then again... Is it not that much bigger? Then I can fit a bigger radiator or something. I can't find a lot of reference photos between the two either.

Either way. Very excited! I've been checking the thread every hour in anticipation.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Main point of CX is accommodating ATX boards, which is admittedly more prevalent than good mATX boards.

In turn of the extra unused PCIe space, you could install thick radiators there, or maybe even the reservoir and the pump.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I wish I had the space for one of those, but when you are watercooling in the Ncase M1 there's barely room for all the custom watercooling components as is.
That's why I've chosen to move away from mini itx of my enthousiast setup...and Cerberus-x is providing maximum power potential with only double height (in fact a bit wider, and taller) of Ncase M1..:)
Without saying about my Cerberus-X is also quieter..:)

I am torn between the Cerberus and the Cerberus-X I don't think I need the extra space the "X" offers. But then again... Is it not that much bigger? Then I can fit a bigger radiator or something. I can't find a lot of reference photos between the two either.

Either way. Very excited! I've been checking the thread every hour in anticipation.
Main point of CX is accommodating ATX boards, which is admittedly more prevalent than good mATX boards.

In turn of the extra unused PCIe space, you could install thick radiators there, or maybe even the reservoir and the pump.
Well keep it simple. Cerberus-X is only 61mm taller than Cerberus...thus it's able to do more stuff with no extra desk surface (surface occupied on a desk by case).
Best advantages are :
  • more room to host SFX-L psu on front (as generally on ATX boardsn pcie 16x slot is offseted by 1x pcie 1x)
  • ATX boards are offering more connectivity : 2 or 3 m.2 slots on recto face (with no cooling or acccess issue), fan headers, debug digital code, power/reset button, more space for air cooler cpu cooler, more choices...

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Hey all,

Just wanted to give you a few updates!
  1. We are working on bringing the product page live, and we're really close.
  2. We may launch the Cerberus X page a little while after the Cerberus page. In part, this is because the photos for the enclosure aren't up to snuff.
Naturally, with Thanksgiving tomorrow we may wait until after to bring things live. That said, we'll ensure that the launch is high-visibility, both here and on the website (as well as via our newsletter).

SonicSparks91

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 15, 2017
Loving the photos of the cases! Definitely going with the Cerberus-X now that I can compare the two. Makes more sense.

Hopefully, the release is sooner rather than later. Very Excited. So is my wallet.

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
Ooh, the white with black top does look tantalizing. Might go for that instead of bare... that being said, any bare metal photos coming our way?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Ooh, the white with black top does look tantalizing. Might go for that instead of bare... that being said, any bare metal photos coming our way?

Bare is not available initially, we will bring it up as an option in next week or so. Small mistake on my part resulted in all our panels getting powder coated. (I didn't leave bare metal on the work order, only % splits of colors so team followed my instructions exactly.)

Hopefully, the release is sooner rather than later. Very Excited. So is my wallet.

You will be able to order tonight, very soon.

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
Bare is not available initially, we will bring it up as an option in next week or so. Small mistake on my part resulted in all our panels getting powder coated. (I didn't leave bare metal on the work order, only % splits of colors so team followed my instructions exactly.)

Well I think you just pushed me to get the white and black XD. Besides, I know the quality of your powder coating is excellent; the local business in my area, not so much trust.