Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Maybe (definitely) off topic, but I figured you would be more familiar with the nebulous world of Gen 4 PCIe adapters.

Have you seen any sign of Gen 4 M.2 to PCIe adapters? With TB4 being a pathetic retread of TB3, but miniPCs and mini ITX boards supporting PCIe 4.0 M.2, it could solve the GPU PCIe 3.0 x4 bottleneck.
Giving custom setups and certain sandwich cases the opportunity to add additional devices.
I don't know of any, sorry.

Reactions: AMv8-1day

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Reactions: AMv8-1day

labmonke101

Average Stuffer
Jun 22, 2020
@AMv8-1day - Delock have a PCIE 4.0 M.2 to OCuLink adapter if that helps.

Ok, after much figuring things out I've decided that I'm commiting to the Velka 7 2.0. Hopefully if there are any in stock, I will order one on Monday when my job pays me. Ordered a Black Ridge in the mean time.

Does anyone have the exact lengths for custom cables for the Velka 7 2.0? I noticed Pexon over here are now doing SFF PSU cables. I plan on running a 2.5 SSD and an 8 Pin GPU.

I posted the lengths I used further back in the thread for the Velka 7

FiftyFifty

Average Stuffer
May 20, 2021
Hi, I’m looking at building in the Velka 7, however I wanted to verify first if the mainboard I plan on using fits in the case.

I’m planing on using the Asus B560-I which has a little protrusion near the IO shield over the standard 17x17cm ITX footprint

Has anyone used this or a similar board when building in the Velka 7?

Or does anyone know if a little extra size is accommodated for or is it strictly 17x17cm?

Thanks for your help guys!

Asus B560-I

Just installed Asus B560i into my Velka 7. You can fit it with the shroud on but then you have to push the motherboard up and that leaves no room for the riser cable. Also really tight fit against the PSU so I did remove it.

Also for those interested the Alpenföhn Black Ridge fits no problem.

Bruhddist

Case Bender
New User
Jul 1, 2021

Hey i was hoping to share this build i completed. I was able to get an evga 3080 sc3 running at max 65% fan curve set to 78c by undervolting down to 1600mhz and 700mv at about 5% performance loss. The real difference came when i added 3 noctua a4x10 set to exhaust out the back. Each fan I added dropped load temps down 2-3c. Thanks for such an awesome case.

I hope a future revision could add 15mm in height to give the option to place a slim fan to exhaust out the top (+30mm for dual top and bottom fans would be amazing). Also the side panel offset feature is great and hope you can expand on it to support thicker gpus with added bonus of supporting 120mm slim fan up top would do wonders for this case.

One last note has anyone been able to get hdmi 2.1 working with this case? I was able to get 4k120hz working with 8bit 4/2/0 no hdr. I was thinking of clipping the top panel perforations with a thick wire cutter to gain direct access to the hdmi port. I also bought a 10cm low profile right angle hdmi extension from china in hopes that the signal degradation is less than the included cable but have not installed yet.

chefboyardie

Case Bender
New User
Jul 1, 2021
The Velkase site says the ENP 7660B VK will be "back in stock in December" which doesn't seem right. Clearly that was in reference to the last restock, right?

I scanned this thread for any messages from @VELKASE Michael between January 2021 and now and didn't see any updates on this PSU. Apologies if I missed it, but does anyone have any information on when this unit will be available again?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
The Velkase site says the ENP 7660B VK will be "back in stock in December" which doesn't seem right. Clearly that was in reference to the last restock, right?

I scanned this thread for any messages from @VELKASE Michael between January 2021 and now and didn't see any updates on this PSU. Apologies if I missed it, but does anyone have any information on when this unit will be available again?
The ENP-7660B-VK power supplies are currently out of stock and expected to be back in December 2021. Maybe November if there are no delays.

An order for a large quantity of these has already been placed months ago but unfortunately, lead times have become much longer.

chefboyardie

Case Bender
New User
Jul 1, 2021
The ENP-7660B-VK power supplies are currently out of stock and expected to be back in December 2021. Maybe November if there are no delays.

An order for a large quantity of these has already been placed months ago but unfortunately, lead times have become much longer.

Wow! Thanks for the clarification, Michael. I suppose this isn’t abnormal during these times as it seems on par other enthusiast hardware.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I was originally going to put a Black Ridge in my build, but I've taken a liking to that Auros X570Si board that got leaked the other day.

Is anyone here using a AXP90-X47? How is the performance and how is the turbulence noise? I will be using an 5600x for my build.

Waata

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 10, 2021
Also, has anyone used any extension cables for the USB-C port for GPUs? Looking to get these, was wondering if anyone has tried them out yet!

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I'm looking to get these as well. What would be the correct length to get for them?
20 cm is what the included ones are and what I would recommend. That is enough to reach the top two DP mounting positions in the rear of the case.

30 cm is enough to reach the third.