Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

daniel1111

What's an ITX?
New User
May 4, 2021
Hi, I’m looking at building in the Velka 7, however I wanted to verify first if the mainboard I plan on using fits in the case.

I’m planing on using the Asus B560-I which has a little protrusion near the IO shield over the standard 17x17cm ITX footprint

Has anyone used this or a similar board when building in the Velka 7?

Or does anyone know if a little extra size is accommodated for or is it strictly 17x17cm?

Thanks for your help guys!

Asus B560-I

Sziklapeti

Caliper Novice
Jun 4, 2020
Hi, I’m looking at building in the Velka 7, however I wanted to verify first if the mainboard I plan on using fits in the case.

I’m planing on using the Asus B560-I which has a little protrusion near the IO shield over the standard 17x17cm ITX footprint

Or does anyone know if a little extra size is accommodated for or is it strictly 17x17cm?

Asus B560-I

At the end of february.
Looks like that B560 has the same protrusion that this Z390.

Meanwhile I wait for the europe avaiability I wonder if anyone can answer a question about motherboard compatibility. I am currently using an Asus Rog Strix Z390-i gaming wifi motherboard which has it's heatsink overhang the edge of the board. This is common in asus itx motherboards. Do any of you have used a combination of the new velka 3 with a motherboard with a heatsink like this? When I get a Velka 3 do you think I will be able to move my system without a problem or should I start to look for a replacement board while I wait? Thanks.
Images from Kitguru as mine is deep within a system and cannot be seen what I'm talking about.

I used ASUS Z390i Strix on Velka 7. Had to remove that shield cover since it was conflicting with PSU. I covered VRMs with VGA heatsinks instead. Hope that helps.

Not sure if that's helpful with Velka 3 but if you don't want to buy another MB, think it is possible.

Last edited:

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Oct 7, 2018
Interesting. Do you still have the cable on hand and could share a picture of that measurement?

Given those 3M cables are also used in Servers / Datacenters I would assume they are well enough insulated to prevent any shorts. But sure, I can understand that you don't want to confirm compatibility until you have tested them in the Velka.

fun fact: I heard the Corsair One also uses 3M risers and seems they can be bend pretty well to fit in tight cases... so would be great if those would also work...

My multimeter gives a resistance fluctuating between the magnitude of ohms and mega ohms at the edges of the 3M riser. There is some very thin conductive edge that cannot make stable contact with the my multimeter's leads during measurement.

Asus B560-I
It will be a tight fit, but possible.

Reactions: REVOCCASES