Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

Sziklapeti

Trash Compacter
Jun 4, 2020
Thank you, emailed them. Though guess many will be interested at the PSU who's interested in the cases, will post an update on it here when they answer. :)

Edit:
They did reply by saying yes, they will sell the power supplies too but not right away because of stock issues. So if you plan on it you can wait for it. They then went on to recommend alternatives.
I think I'll be able to wait a little more to get it with the ENP-7660B-VK PSU with shortened cables.

Update:
They've got an update on the schedule saying that the power supply probably will not be available in the next six months, it's "seven + months".
Density.sk was a great choice for the EU shop though. Great communication and even follow up. Kudos for Michal from Density Labs Team.
Looks like this will be a Christmas present for myself with a Velka 3 but I'm not confident enough to mod another unit and this way I can support the brand too.

HebelHuber

Case Bender
New User
Dec 8, 2019
I'm using an ASRock B450 itx board and the m.2 slot is on the backside.
If I'm seeing it correctly, the riser cable would wrap over the m.2 drive.

Is there enough space to fit this, or can this m.2 slot not be used?

labmonke101

Average Stuffer
Jun 22, 2020

It could probably fit but the main problem here is heat. Depending on the GPU the performance would be terrible from thermal throttling, not recommended

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
@VELKASE Michael Do you by any chance know the distance between the mounting screws for the riser? I'm looking into PCIE Gen 4 cables and wanna see if I can find one with a matching screw distance.
108 mm. The Linkup and Louqe risers use the same mount.

It can be used as long as there is no heatsink on it- otherwise it will protrude into the graphics card chamber.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016

prebsus

Chassis Packer
Feb 10, 2021
108 mm. The Linkup and Louqe risers use the same mount.

It can be used as long as there is no heatsink on it- otherwise it will protrude into the graphics card chamber.
Great that the Linkup and Louqe risers use the same mount!

What is the riser length for Velka 7? (i.e. Do you know if the 260mm Louqe would be long enough for the Velka 7?)

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
ADT-Link too if I'm not mistaking. They also recently released a PCI gen 4 riser.
It has 108 mm spacing but I believe the outer surface of the cables is conductive and would need to be insulated to prevent shorting components on the graphics card and motherboard PCBs.

What is the riser length for Velka 7? (i.e. Do you know if the 260mm Louqe would be long enough for the Velka 7?)
The default riser is 30 cm for the whole assembly and 25 cm for the flexible portion of the cable. The 27 cm Linkup and 26 cm Louqe risers are compatible.

Reactions: wipefox and prebsus

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
It has 108 mm spacing but I believe the outer surface of the cables is conductive and would need to be insulated to prevent shorting components on the graphics card and motherboard PCBs.

Good call, didn't think of that.

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019

The default riser is 30 cm for the whole assembly and 25 cm for the flexible portion of the cable. The 27 cm Linkup and 26 cm Louqe risers are compatible.
Good call, didn't think of that.

I used the Loque riser!
Works great and I feel more comfortable folding it actually. I am seeing a 2.5% performance increase which is expected. The main reason I'm upgrading is so I can update my bios (AMD) as new fixes and stuff comes out without having to take the case apart, and use my 1030.

labmonke101

Average Stuffer
Jun 22, 2020
I used the Loque riser!
Works great and I feel more comfortable folding it actually. I am seeing a 2.5% performance increase which is expected. The main reason I'm upgrading is so I can update my bios (AMD) as new fixes and stuff comes out without having to take the case apart, and use my 1030.

This looks fantastic, much much cleaner bend too! Thanks for trying this out :)

prebsus

Chassis Packer
Feb 10, 2021
Always happy to push boundaries :D
I just installed the Louqe riser in my Velka 7 this weekend and I agree, the bend was really nice and felt comfortable. Not sure why, but it looked to me like the direction of the riser in the picture you posted (notch on the left) is opposite of what it should be, so that threw me off for a bit. But I'm probably just confused...

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Last edited:

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
I just installed the Louqe riser in my Velka 7 this weekend and I agree, the bend was really nice and felt comfortable. Not sure why, but it looked to me like the direction of the riser in the picture you posted (notch on the left) is opposite of what it should be, so that threw me off for a bit. But I'm probably just confused...
Yeah it is flipped. Just never took photos of the correct flipped. :'D

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Is that Louqe Cobalt riser cable compatible with the Velka 3 as well? (I guess so as the case itself is smaller but I'm still curious.)
Yes, it is

Might look like that from the pictures but the ADT Link cable is non conductive. The insulation is just transparent / translucent. Similar to the 3M Twin Axial Cables.

I recall measuring low resistances across some two points of the 3M cable a while back, so I am hesitant to confirm compatibility right now but might revisit this.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I recall measuring low resistances across some two points of the 3M cable a while back, so I am hesitant to confirm compatibility right now but might revisit this.

Interesting. Do you still have the cable on hand and could share a picture of that measurement?

Given those 3M cables are also used in Servers / Datacenters I would assume they are well enough insulated to prevent any shorts. But sure, I can understand that you don't want to confirm compatibility until you have tested them in the Velka.

fun fact: I heard the Corsair One also uses 3M risers and seems they can be bend pretty well to fit in tight cases... so would be great if those would also work...

daniel1111

What's an ITX?
New User
May 4, 2021
Hi, I’m looking at building in the Velka 7, however I wanted to verify first if the mainboard I plan on using fits in the case.

I’m planing on using the Asus B560-I which has a little protrusion near the IO shield over the standard 17x17cm ITX footprint

Has anyone used this or a similar board when building in the Velka 7?

Or does anyone know if a little extra size is accommodated for or is it strictly 17x17cm?

Thanks for your help guys!

Asus B560-I