Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thanks! Temps are a bit higher than I expected but I haven't adjusted anything in terms of CPU clocks and fan curves for the AIO. I've also gone from a 1600 to a 2600X so a lot more wattage. Max temps under stress test are:
CPU 62
GPU 74

That actually sound very good, if the noise is ok :) I really like the custom cables.

where do you ship from?
Im in the UK

I ship from Croatia, which is part of EU. That means you have to add VAT to the price but you don't pay any extra on import.

Build complete. Along with my daily driver, the A4.

It does do some RGB. :). 8 fans!!. Custom cables on the way. Plan was to use a 1080Ti Mini. But switched to 2060 Super. Anyone wants a Zotac 1080Ti Mini? :)

Specs:

Ryzen 9 3950X
Corsair VIII X570
C7G Cooler
64GB 3600Mhz RAM (This is for a linux dev box. )
512GB NVMe (Ran out of money for the build)
2060 Super
Silverstone 700 SFX
Some Noctua 60mm fans.

Positives:

Breeze to build in. Other than the power cable snipping, absolutely no issues!.

Issues I can think of:

1. Riser is of suspect quality. Although creator is taking care of that.
2. The side panel inserting into the spine is not great. Thin lips etc.
3. I love the power switch but also hate the power switch. Perhaps bit, bit bigger.
4. The USB 3.0 cable is way too thick for my liking.
5. The PSU mounting mechanism to the case is just two screws.
6. Can only screw in one GPU mounting screws. The other one is so close but not close enough.

Odd thoughts:

Unboxing experience is less very vanilla. Nothing to write about.

Prime95

0 to 10 Minutes 69 to 72 deg C
10 to 21 minutes low to high 80 deg C

Looks very nice, and temps are actually excellent for 16 core and a small cooler, did you do any tuning in the bios?

One GPU screw is actually pretty normal.

Yes, fitting the side panels does require a bit of practice, but it is a price to pay for that sexy look without visible seams on the outside.

Button works better on the black and silver versions, on the white version it sticks out less because of powdercoating. But it looks nice, right :)

I have shipped the replacement risers for everyone who asked. Please be careful with them and do not make any tight bends, try to install it like in the picture, and it should work fine. I apologize for the inconvenience.

SFFJunkie

Cable Smoosher
Mar 13, 2020
So, if I use ALL of the following components in this case im good right: ?
SFX psu - corsair 600
ATX, Micro ATX & Mini ITX Mobo. (obviously only one of these mobos lol )
170mm GPU
120mm or 92mm AIO
@riba2233 Id be grateful if you can confirm also what stock you have left , new and B grade.
Thanks

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Hi,

I haven't been following this thread in a while.
I've seen the case is ready and also that it comes in white as well.

I have a couple of questions:
- Is it possible to mount a SFX Corsair PSU rotate 90°? Meaning with all the modular plugs facing the motherboard? For what I do this case requires custom cables.
- Can custom sleeved cables like the 8pin CPU and eventually the dual 8pin PCIe run under the motherboard or there isn't enough room?
- On your web site I've seen you have a couple of photos without a background. Do you have more that this way I can offer your case to some of my clients?
- If the build has a single slot GPU would it be possible to add a second PCIe single slot card with a second riser?
- I really like the project, but one thing. The case stand. Are there alternatives in your opinion?

Thanks for your help. Congratulation fo the nice case.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
So, if I use ALL of the following components in this case im good right: ?
SFX psu - corsair 600
ATX, Micro ATX & Mini ITX Mobo. (obviously only one of these mobos lol )
170mm GPU
120mm or 92mm AIO
@riba2233 Id be grateful if you can confirm also what stock you have left , new and B grade.
Thanks

Yes, that should fit. But if you want to be sure tell me the exact model of mbo and gpu so I can tell you if there will be any interferences.

Regarding stock, I have enough black cases, 6 silver and 3 white. For B-stock I have 2 white, 1 silver and 1 black ready, but I have materials for more silver and black so they shouldn't be a problem, but white is low. Thank you! :)

Hi,

I haven't been following this thread in a while.
I've seen the case is ready and also that it comes in white as well.

I have a couple of questions:
- Is it possible to mount a SFX Corsair PSU rotate 90°? Meaning with all the modular plugs facing the motherboard? For what I do this case requires custom cables.
- Can custom sleeved cables like the 8pin CPU and eventually the dual 8pin PCIe run under the motherboard or there isn't enough room?
- On your web site I've seen you have a couple of photos without a background. Do you have more that this way I can offer your case to some of my clients?
- If the build has a single slot GPU would it be possible to add a second PCIe single slot card with a second riser?
- I really like the project, but one thing. The case stand. Are there alternatives in your opinion?

Thanks for your help. Congratulation fo the nice case.

Hi :)

1. power supplies can only be oriented one way. Bracket that would rotate the psu in that way would be a bit complicated and you could probably only use it with itx and smaller matx boards.

2. No, there is not enough room under the mbo, I minimized that space to reduce case volume as much as possible, it would be wasted volume.

3. Those are renders, I can make them however you what, no problem at all! But they are not like 100% photo-realistic.

4. In theory yes, but you would have to use specific risers and probably drill the case to hold the extra riser.

5. No sorry, I only made this one stand. Is it the design or something else?

Thank you, I appreciate it! :)

Reactions: zzmadd

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Yes, that should fit. But if you want to be sure tell me the exact model of mbo and gpu so I can tell you if there will be any interferences.

Regarding stock, I have enough black cases, 6 silver and 3 white. For B-stock I have 2 white, 1 silver and 1 black ready, but I have materials for more silver and black so they shouldn't be a problem, but white is low. Thank you! :)

1. power supplies can only be oriented one way. Bracket that would rotate the psu in that way would be a bit complicated and you could probably only use it with itx and smaller matx boards.

2. No, there is not enough room under the mbo, I minimized that space to reduce case volume as much as possible, it would be wasted volume.

3. Those are renders, I can make them however you what, no problem at all! But they are not like 100% photo-realistic.

4. In theory yes, but you would have to use specific risers and probably drill the case to hold the extra riser.

Thanks for your reply.

1) Too bad. As you can imagine cable management would immediately get to another level. Very short 24 pin, no curves, no confusion, all the rest of the cables under the mobo. I happen to dislike cables.

2) Not even a single cable can run under the motherboard. Like if I was running the 8 cables for the CPU in parallel without coloured sleeves, one beside the other?

3) Thanks. I will contact you privately.

4) I'm thinking I possibly have a client that needs a portable case, he needs to fit some 1 slot PCIe x1 NI Grabber card at times. So he needs an ATX/mATX board. The idea is without needing to remove the graphics card.
A second riser like the one you ship with the case wouldn't work? Also screwing the 1 slot PCIe x1 grabber card to the case in the back besode the video card wouldn't be enough? It's not a second graphics card, just a PCIe x1 card.

5) Just a personal design preference. Does the case stand without the holder you made?

Sorry to bother you with these questions, the reason I got back to this is a client asked me for this strange dual boot MacOS/Win10 plus discrete GPU plus grabber card portable PC that also is sturdy and compact.

Thanks for your help!

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017

Thanks for your reply.

1) Too bad. As you can imagine cable management would immediately get to another level. Very short 24 pin, no curves, no confusion, all the rest of the cables under the mobo. I happen to dislike cables.

2) Not even a single cable can run under the motherboard. Like if I was running the 8 cables for the CPU in parallel without coloured sleeves, one beside the other?

4) I'm thinking I possibly have a client that needs a portable case, he needs to fit some 1 slot PCIe x1 NI Grabber card at times. So he needs an ATX/mATX board. The idea is without needing to remove the graphics card.
A second riser like the one you ship with the case wouldn't work? Also screwing the 1 slot PCIe x1 grabber card to the case in the back besode the video card wouldn't be enough? It's not a second graphics card, just a PCIe x1 card.

5) Just a personal design preference. Does the case stand without the holder you made?

Sorry to bother you with these questions, the reason I got back to this is a client asked me for this strange dual boot MacOS/Win10 plus discrete GPU plus grabber card portable PC that also is sturdy and compact.

Thanks for your help!

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your help!

1:
I'm running a flat 8 pin cable for the CPU underneath the motherboard with no problems. Basically if it can fit between the motherboard and the standoffs then it will work. Nothing thicker than that.

5:
I'm not using the included stand, but it doesn't stand on it's own without it. This is because the bracket on the GPU sticks down further than the bottom of the case. So the case would basically be resting on the GPU. What I did was just take some 5mm thick rubber circles and attach them to the bottom of the side panels and they work perfectly as case feet.

Reactions: zzmadd and riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your help!

1. Yeah also in that configuration the psu would have trouble exhausting hot air. But I see the appeal.

2. Flat cable is ok :)

3. No problem!

4. x1 card makes things easier for sure, but I can't guarantee anything, since the riser is wider than single slot below the gpu so it could interfere with the other riser for x1 card.

5. See xKannibale's reply, he practically nailed it! I added stand for two reasons, first is lifting the case to allow for gpu exhaust, and to add the stability (widen the base. )

1:
I'm running a flat 8 pin cable for the CPU underneath the motherboard with no problems. Basically if it can fit between the motherboard and the standoffs then it will work. Nothing thicker than that.

5:
I'm not using the included stand, but it doesn't stand on it's own without it. This is because the bracket on the GPU sticks down further than the bottom of the case. So the case would basically be resting on the GPU. What I did was just take some 5mm thick rubber circles and attach them to the bottom of the side panels and they work perfectly as case feet.

Thanks, good points!

Reactions: zzmadd

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
1:

5:
Thanks for the info, really helpful, really appreciated!!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
CPU only.

Also, for the new riser, am i supposed to get a tracking id or email?

You could use these two:

Since you have reference length card. And also noctua 92x14 2500 rpm fan.

Risers are shipped out via priority letter, no tracking but it should be as fast as the air package.

Reactions: M-jeri

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
@riba2233

Is there any possibility of parts selection where a custom loop can be done?

I'm currently working on a custom loop involving a DC-LT 2600 Pump/Res. There is enough room and I have the loop more or less planned out (using a short GPU but a 120mm rad would still work with GPUs up to 230mm length (the Zotac Mini series).

Due to the current virus situation this is on hold until parts get restocked and I can buy some more fittings (planning to use 10mm ID EDPM tubes and barb fittings)

Reactions: dealda and M-jeri

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
I'm currently working on a custom loop involving a DC-LT 2600 Pump/Res. There is enough room and I have the loop more or less planned out (using a short GPU but a 120mm rad would still work with GPUs up to 230mm length (the Zotac Mini series).

Due to the current virus situation this is on hold until parts get restocked and I can buy some more fittings (planning to use 10mm ID EDPM tubes and barb fittings)

Will look out for this!!

madejackson

Chassis Packer
Jan 18, 2019
Happy to finally share my Setup with some delay:

All in all, I'm very happy with the setup. Only the Noise is a little bit too much. I'm not that impressed with the Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM. The Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM are far more quiet, near silent in fact.

Unfortunately, I'm not quiet finished yet, but I think I'll probably never be.
Next on the Todo list: 1. Custom ultraslim Teflon cables, 2. Modding the original AM4 Backplate to Fit with the Blackridge.

Also, I'm very interested in a Build with a 360mm Rad in front of the GPU, there should be enough Clearance with 2x15mm and 1x25mm Fan. Still hadn't the guts yet to do it myself.

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017

All in all, I'm very happy with the setup. Only the Noise is a little bit too much. I'm not that impressed with the Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM. The Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM are far more quiet, near silent in fact.

Next on the Todo list: 1. Custom ultraslim Teflon cables, 2. Modding the original AM4 Backplate to Fit with the Blackridge.

Also, I'm very interested in a Build with a 360mm Rad in front of the GPU, there should be enough Clearance with 2x15mm and 1x25mm Fan. Still hadn't the guts yet to do it myself.
The noise comes from the dumb Asus fan utility that doesn't allow you to set the max RPM freely. Gigabyte and ASRock boards allow you to set the max RPM even below the 100%. Asus boards shoot the 100% fan speed above the 75%.
Hate that particular Asus characteristic.
So you're forced to use a low noise adaptor but this way you are unable to precisely adjust the fan curve. It shaves off 400rpms or so depending on the fan.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Hi, thank you a lot for buying two cases, I hope you are happy with them and I have to tell that it's really cool to see setup with not only one, but two P-ATX cases :)

Also I have to compliment the build, it is obvious that you are very experienced builder and know what you are doing, and if you manage to fit radiator that would be insane! ?