Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
[QUOTE = "riba2233, publicación: 194714, miembro: 10479"]
Hola,

el estuche pesa alrededor de 2.7 kg y las dimensiones son 380 x 342 (343) x 69 (72) mm, por lo que puede buscar una mochila en función de eso.
[/ CITAR]
Great!! Now I will have to find a configuration in atx equivalent to the one I had in mind for mini itx. Do you know how much a complete pc mounted in this case can weigh? Thanks !!

There's nothing stopping you from installing a Mini ITX motherboard in this case. In fact, if you already have components in mind, they probably will most likely fit in here too!

Reactions: br1p

br1p

Caliper Novice
Apr 14, 2020
There's nothing stopping you from installing a Mini ITX motherboard in this case. In fact, if you already have components in mind, they probably will most likely fit in here too!

I have not purchased any components yet. By being able to mount an ATX in this case I think I can save some money. In other cases I had seen I had to mount everything in mini itx

dkrk94

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 16, 2020
I have not purchased any components yet. By being able to mount an ATX in this case I think I can save some money. In other cases I had seen I had to mount everything in mini itx
Spanish:
Hola! Yo también soy español! :D Compré esta caja hace poco más de un mes, no te sé decir cuanto pesa exactamente pero la suelo transportar en una mochila sin ningún problema [imagen: ]. De hecho en la mochila suelo llevar también un teclado bastante pesado, un ratón y una surface pro con su correspondiente cargador, aunque con todo esto sí que que no es lo más ligero del mundo ;).
Te la recomiendo desde luego, es una caja única por entrar en ella una gran variedad de componentes

English:
Hi! I'm spaniard too! I bought this case a little over a month ago, I can't tell you exactly how much it weighs but I usually carry it in a backpack without any problem [pic: ]. Actually, I also carry a heavy keyboard, a mouse and a Surface Pro with its charger, although a backpack with all this things is not the lightest thing in the world ;).

I recommend it, of course, it is a unique case because it can hold a great diversity of components

br1p

Caliper Novice
Apr 14, 2020
I think it would be very interesting to know that backpacks and briefcases are the best to carry the P-ATX. For me, the great advantage of this case is that, being able to take it with you as if it were a laptop, simply with a keyboard, mouse and a portable screen.

Reactions: ZivZulander

dkrk94

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 16, 2020
I think it would be very interesting to know that backpacks and briefcases are the best to carry the P-ATX. For me, the great advantage of this case is that, being able to take it with you as if it were a laptop, simply with a keyboard, mouse and a portable screen.
This is mine It has a lot of space but at this moment seems unavailable. There are a few options if you search by the case dimensions.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
@riba2233 , Which CPU Cooler do you recommend for a 3800x or a 3700x? I have seen that there are not many that meet the maximum height

Hi, for air coolers you can choose between Cryorig C7 and Alpenfohn Black Ridge (if it's cmpatible with your motherboard) or even thermalright APX90.

If you have short GPU, you can use 120mm AIO.

br1p

Caliper Novice
Apr 14, 2020
Hi, for air coolers you can choose between Cryorig C7 and Alpenfohn Black Ridge (if it's cmpatible with your motherboard) or even thermalright APX90.

If you have short GPU, you can use 120mm AIO.
[/CITAR]
Thank you very much, I will consider those coolers. I had also thought about the Noctua NH-L9A which is valid for the 3800x.
Regarding AIOs, I have not seen many 92mm models on the market. In my case, I am among several GPU options, and some allow me to install a 120mm AIO but others would have to install a 92mm AIO. Which 92mm AIO do you have references for?
Thank you!

Reactions: ZivZulander

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thank you very much, I will consider those coolers. I had also thought about the Noctua NH-L9A which is valid for the 3800x.
Regarding AIOs, I have not seen many 92mm models on the market. In my case, I am among several GPU options, and some allow me to install a 120mm AIO but others would have to install a 92mm AIO. Which 92mm AIO do you have references for?
Thank you!

Yes, there is basically one option for 92 mm AIO, and that is Asetek 645LT.

L9a could also work, especially with thicker, 25mm fan instead of the stock 14mm one.

Mpa3yka

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 23, 2020
Is any chance to install pcie wireless adapter in this case (with mATX/ATX)?
It looks like this:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Is any chance to install pcie wireless adapter in this case (with mATX/ATX)?
It looks like this:

Hi, not without some modding (eg. removing the pci bracket and screwing the connector directly to the case, there are three holes for the antenna connector at the rear side of the case).
Other option is to grab board with some extra m.2 slots and using one for m.2 wifi card.

I just saw that fans can be installed at the bottom of the case. Where are they installed?

There are some holes at the bottom of the case for two 40 mm and one 60 mm fan (only with matx or itx board). If you use bottom fans and atx board, you could have some trouble with cable management at the bottom, so depends on where are your io ports on the mbo located. If you use matx or itx, then it wont be a problem, just remember that max fan thickness is 20 mm.

Reactions: br1p

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I mean, will the air flow benefit you or cause any kind of problem?

It could help a bit with gpu temps, and certainly wont be a problem. It has to be set as an exhaust of course.

I got some good news guys! The restrictions on shipping to USA have been lifted, so you can order now if you want and it will be shipped right away. But please consider that the shipping times are prolonged in a situation like this, for all countries.

There are still restrictions for some countries, and you can find more info here: