Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

sffman

Cable Smoosher
Jun 8, 2019
Which aio would you recommend for threadripper? I'm thinking of getting this case to go along with the 64 core 3990x.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
I'm trying to read from first page into page 6, but didn't find X399 build.
I'm using:
Asus Zenith X399
Th4 1950x
Evga 750
Radeon Pro WX7100
Current AIO is thermaltake 3.0
--
Are there is layout with thic PC Case or any suggestion for this?
Since I'm using louqe ghost, but with this PC Case consider i want to using my th4 too

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Which aio would you recommend for threadripper? I'm thinking of getting this case to go along with the 64 core 3990x.

Oh wow, that is really extreme :)

First you have to take into account that this is extreme and borderline use case, and you will have to do some compromises sice that cpu has really high tdp and large heat-spreader. So you will definitely have to limit TDP to something in the range of 180-200 W. I can only vouch for the AIO I personally tested, and that is Asus ryuo 120. It cools my 1950x without any problems, but that means that it will be the same with other modern asetek units. I would just recommend you use better fan, something like noctua A12x15 or inustrial 3000 rpm if the other ones are not enough. Also remember that you are limited to ATX size for motherboard, and many TRX4 boards are E-Atx. I recommend Asrock Creator since it has PCI-e slot in the first position and that allows for taller graphic cards, if you care about GPU performance at all.

All in all, I would really like to see system with that CPU :)

I'm trying to read from first page into page 6, but didn't find X399 build.
I'm using:
Asus Zenith X399
Th4 1950x
Evga 750
Radeon Pro WX7100
Current AIO is thermaltake 3.0
--
Are there is layout with thic PC Case or any suggestion for this?
Since I'm using louqe ghost, but with this PC Case consider i want to using my th4 too

I have posted pictures from my personal build with X399 board and 1950x, you can look it up here:

And here:

Now, regarding configuration. You could fit that motherboard with flex supply like FSP 500w, but you would have to be creative with cooling since the board is to long to allow for 120 and even 92 mm aio's. I mean 92 mm aio could fit but just barely, you would probably have to modify 92mm adapter a bit.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
@riba2233

I got a qn, if I am using a 120mm AIO, what all are the options of 2.5” SSD/HDD mounting options?

Other than the one on top of mother board IO.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi everybody,

just wanted to tell you that the cases are on the sale this weekend:

So if you want to grab yours for a lower price, make sure you don't wait too long ?

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Hi everybody,

just wanted to tell you that the cases are on the sale this weekend:

So if you want to grab yours for a lower price, make sure you don't wait too long ?

I'm debating pulling the trigger, but shipping price is just... ouch!

Reactions: riba2233

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Hi, thank you for the interest!

I'm sorry for the shipping cost, but it's a my real cost, I don't have a deal with the shipping companies or USA distributors like the big companies, so this is the best I can do.

yeah, I understand. Croatia to Vietnam is not exactly the easiest route in the anyway. It just sucks that shipping is like 1/3 of the price of the case :(

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
yeah, I understand. Croatia to Vietnam is not exactly the easiest route in the anyway. It just sucks that shipping is like 1/3 of the price of the case :(

Yes, you are in the most expensive shipping region. There is economy (ground) option for 48 USD, but it's really slow and I generally don't recommend it.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
@riba2233

I have not yet received the new PCIe cable nor the 92mm adapter I ordered. Can you please help?

Sorry, but I can only tell that the packages in the whole world are delayed due to the current situation. Our post office (and all the others) is working with slightly lower capacity, but I am sure that they are on their way and probably sent to the airplane across the ocean.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Sorry, but I can only tell that the packages in the whole world are delayed due to the current situation. Our post office (and all the others) is working with slightly lower capacity, but I am sure that they are on their way and probably sent to the airplane across the ocean.

I am not sure how that is to comfort me but I guess I need to wait for few more weeks.

br1p

Caliper Novice
Apr 14, 2020
¡Hola! Quiero una PC para poder llevarlo en una mochila y hasta ahora solo pensaba en cajas mini itx debido a su tamaño más pequeño. Acabo de descubrir este caso y creo que voy a decidirlo y montar un atx. Quería saber cómo ves el P-ATX para llevarlo en una mochila o maletín. ¿Cuánto pesa P-ATX?

br1p

Caliper Novice
Apr 14, 2020
[QUOTE = "br1p, publicación: 194706, miembro: 18475"]
¡Hola! Quiero una PC para poder llevarlo en una mochila y hasta ahora solo pensaba en cajas mini itx debido a su tamaño más pequeño. Acabo de descubrir este caso y creo que voy a decidirlo y montar un atx. Quería saber cómo ves el P-ATX para llevarlo en una mochila o maletín. ¿Cuánto pesa P-ATX?
[/ CITAR]

Sorry, I´m spanish and I had a problem with the translator ;)

br1p

Caliper Novice
Apr 14, 2020
Hello! I want a pc to be able to carry it in a backpack and until now I only thought of mini itx cases due to their smaller size. I just discovered this case and I think I'm going to decide on it and mount an atx. I wanted to know how you see the P-ATX to carry it in a backpack or briefcase. How much does P-ATX weigh?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hello! I want a pc to be able to carry it in a backpack and until now I only thought of mini itx cases due to their smaller size. I just discovered this case and I think I'm going to decide on it and mount an atx. I wanted to know how you see the P-ATX to carry it in a backpack or briefcase. How much does P-ATX weigh?

Hi,

the case weighs around 2.7 kg, and dimensions are 380 x 342(343) x 69(72) mm, so you can search for backpack based on that.

Reactions: br1p

br1p

Caliper Novice
Apr 14, 2020
[QUOTE = "riba2233, publicación: 194714, miembro: 10479"]
Hola,

el estuche pesa alrededor de 2.7 kg y las dimensiones son 380 x 342 (343) x 69 (72) mm, por lo que puede buscar una mochila en función de eso.
[/ CITAR]
Great!! Now I will have to find a configuration in atx equivalent to the one I had in mind for mini itx. Do you know how much a complete pc mounted in this case can weigh? Thanks !!