Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

SFFJunkie

Cable Smoosher
Mar 13, 2020
Hey, you can now check out page with customer builds, I hope you like it!

Hi Newbie here.
I checked out these builds last night. Very nice indeed, would be made better if the pics were a little more higher resolution.
Also noticed the N- ATX - i see its in design phase - its tickling my fancy for sure.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi Newbie here.
I checked out these builds last night. Very nice indeed, would be made better if the pics were a little more higher resolution.
Also noticed the N- ATX - i see its in design phase - its tickling my fancy for sure.

Hi, thank you! Yes, I will try to add link to higher resolution photos.

I'm glad you like the N-ATX, be sure to follow me to get updates on the progress :)

Reactions: mr.squishy

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
@riba2233

I have some problems with the riser.

The riser is coming part already.

And, this build looks unviable with my current part list. The riser make connector is too tall for my zotac 1080Ti Mini (even though less than 134mm height) and Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard. Using the first PCIe 16x slot.

Last edited:

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
Custom cables finally arrived which means I can fit the 120mm AIO

• Love
Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Unfortunately your motherboard indeed has PCIE slot in the second position:

I really wish I could help you, you bought both the case and the GPU from me but I wish you only asked me about this before buying parts.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Sorry for extra post, but I really want to have separate post for this, I hope you will understand.

So, despite situation with virus and everything, I have finally received new riser cable, although it took longer than expected. Here is the picture of the riser and how it mounts in the case:

It is also a bit longer, to allow easier installation for configurations with 3slot gpu and to allow for a looser bend at the bottom. I have tested it today and it works well.

So anyone who has issues with riser please send e-mail to info@sfftime.com, I know that few of you contacted me via PM here, but I want to be sure that I don't forget someone because I probably will if I go digging through PM's.

Also, anyone who orders the case from now on will get this new type of riser unless you want the old one, in that case please leave a note with your purchase.

Another important note, cases are in stock for all three colors and ready to be shipped immediately
, out post office works regularly.

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
Really clean build, I totally dig it! :) How are the temps?
Thanks! Temps are a bit higher than I expected but I haven't adjusted anything in terms of CPU clocks and fan curves for the AIO. I've also gone from a 1600 to a 2600X so a lot more wattage. Max temps under stress test are:
CPU 62
GPU 74

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Unfortunately your motherboard indeed has PCIE slot in the second position:

I really wish I could help you, you bought both the case and the GPU from me but I wish you only asked me about this before buying parts.

It is not a fault on your side. So yea, not a big deal. Just wanted to share the process. But, yes, I will send an email about the riser.

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
So, despite situation with virus and everything, I have finally received new riser cable, although it took longer than expected. Here is the picture of the riser and how it mounts in the case:

It is also a bit longer, to allow easier installation for configurations with 3slot gpu and to allow for a looser bend at the bottom. I have tested it today and it works well.

So anyone who has issues with riser please send e-mail to info@sfftime.com, I know that few of you contacted me via PM here, but I want to be sure that I don't forget someone because I probably will if I go digging through PM's.

Sent an email, this riser definitely looks a lot more promising the way it's put together.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Build complete. Along with my daily driver, the A4.

It does do some RGB. :). 8 fans!!. Custom cables on the way. Plan was to use a 1080Ti Mini. But switched to 2060 Super. Anyone wants a Zotac 1080Ti Mini? :)

Specs:

Ryzen 9 3950X
Corsair VIII X570
C7G Cooler
64GB 3600Mhz RAM (This is for a linux dev box. )
512GB NVMe (Ran out of money for the build)
2060 Super
Silverstone 700 SFX
Some Noctua 60mm fans.

Positives:

Breeze to build in. Other than the power cable snipping, absolutely no issues!.

Issues I can think of:

1. Riser is of suspect quality. Although creator is taking care of that.
2. The side panel inserting into the spine is not great. Thin lips etc.
3. I love the power switch but also hate the power switch. Perhaps bit, bit bigger.
4. The USB 3.0 cable is way too thick for my liking.
5. The PSU mounting mechanism to the case is just two screws.
6. Can only screw in one GPU mounting screws. The other one is so close but not close enough.

Odd thoughts:

Unboxing experience is less very vanilla. Nothing to write about.

Prime95

0 to 10 Minutes 69 to 72 deg C
10 to 21 minutes low to high 80 deg C

Last edited:
Reactions: dealda and MaDMaX68

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Build complete. Along with my daily driver, the A4.

It does do some RGB. :). 8 fans!!. Custom cables on the way. Plan was to use a 1080Ti Mini. But switched to 2060 Super. Anyone wants a Zotac 1080Ti Mini? :)

Specs:

Ryzen 9 3950X
Corsair VIII X570
C7G Cooler
64GB 3600Mhz RAM (This is for a linux dev box. )
512GB NVMe (Ran out of money for the build)
2060 Super
Silverstone 700 SFX
Some Noctua 60mm fans.

Positives:

Breeze to build in. Other than the power cable snipping, absolutely no issues!.

Issues I can think of:

3. I love the power switch but also hate the power switch. Perhaps bit, bit bigger.
6. Can only screw in one GPU mounting screws. The other one is so close but not close enough.

Odd thoughts:

Unboxing experience is less very vanilla. Nothing to write about.

Prime95

0 to 10 Minutes 69 to 72 deg C
10 to 21 minutes low to high 80 deg C

Nice build. I recommend adding a slim 120mm fan near the graphics card (where the 120mm AIO would usually go) to help evacuating hot air from your GPU out of the case (it might help with thermals a little bit).

Regarding the stiff USB3 cable, I had the same problem (not a fault with the case, the USB-IF's design specs for these cables are just terrible, all internal USB3.0 cables suffer from this).

In my case, I solved it by using a little low profile extender like this: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/aka...r-extension-cable-low-profile-connector-black

Reactions: M-jeri

SFFJunkie

Cable Smoosher
Mar 13, 2020

Just finished my build in the P-ATX case, it was a great experience and the case is very well designed. I reused an ITX board I already had but intend to swap in an ATX motherboard with my next upgrade. If you are looking for full ATX compatibility with a decent GPU in 9 litres I can recommend the P-ATX. Parts list for the build is below.

Parts List
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Asetek 645LT 92mm SFF AIO Liquid Cooler
  • Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3200
  • Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Black
  • Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Supply
  • Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM chromax.Black.swap 33.84 CFM 92 mm Fan
  • SFFTIME P-ATX Case https://www.sfftime.com/product-page/p-atx-white
  • Alienware AW3420DW 34.1" 3440x1440 120 Hz
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Rz9M4n

Is your 3700x overclocked and if so what sort of CPU temps are you getting at idle and load?
Looking at a very similar build to this.

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
Issues I can think of:

From what I can see, these points pretty much sum up my feeling too. Almost all of them are minor, thankfully. To add a bit:
2. I have noticed that most times it doesn't go in the notch/rails for me. So yeah, I agree.
3. I HATE the power switch. It's very minor, but still noticeable. it's very mushy, tiny and sticks outside, which can potentially get tangled with fabric while being inserted in bags? I haven't tested that yet.

9/10 would still buy again! I would have gotten a second case if I had the money. I am not even joking.

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
From what I can see, these points pretty much sum up my feeling too. Almost all of them are minor, thankfully. To add a bit:
2. I have noticed that most times it doesn't go in the notch/rails for me. So yeah, I agree.
3. I HATE the power switch. It's very minor, but still noticeable. it's very mushy, tiny and sticks outside, which can potentially get tangled with fabric while being inserted in bags? I haven't tested that yet.

9/10 would still buy again! I would have gotten a second case if I had the money. I am not even joking.

I noticed problems with not being able to screw in the GPU properly but this came down to the standoffs being a little too high. I sanded them down probably 2mm and after that the GPU fit perfectly.

Reactions: Linero

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
I noticed problems with not being able to screw in the GPU properly but this came down to the standoffs being a little too high. I sanded them down probably 2mm and after that the GPU fit perfectly.
I need to bookmark this response! Thank you.