Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
I just put an order in for one of these yesterday in white. But out of curiosity, when using a mini ITX motherboard and a dual slot GPU. Would there be space behind the GPU to basically double sided tape a 3.5 inch drive? Using an AIO so, I'm trying to think of ways I could still fit that drive in.
That should work. There is also a ssd mount above the I/O shield

Reactions: riba2233

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I just put an order in for one of these yesterday in white. But out of curiosity, when using a mini ITX motherboard and a dual slot GPU. Would there be space behind the GPU to basically double sided tape a 3.5 inch drive? Using an AIO so, I'm trying to think of ways I could still fit that drive in.

If you're using ITX board, I reckon there's plenty of room between the PSU and motherboard due to ITX being narrower than ATX. Should be enough room there for at least a few drives stacked on top of each other using 3M tape

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
It could just barely fit behind the GPU if it doesn't have very thick back plate (do not do it if GPU has no backplate):

But I wouldn't be to comfortable with that arrangement.

There is not enough space between ITX mbo and SFX psu for 3.5, but there is for 2.5.

Reactions: ZivZulander

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Any case comparison? Ideally P-ATX vs Cerberus (from Slinger)?

Well this case is something like 45% of Cerberuses volume, so you can't expect same level of compatibility. To get the best picture, I would recommend comparing specifications an compatibility on official websites:

Thank you for ordering! You can find the answer in the post above.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
It could just barely fit behind the GPU if it doesn't have very thick back plate (do not do it if GPU has no backplate):

There is not enough space between ITX mbo and SFX psu for 3.5, but there is for 2.5.
Yeah, that looks like a bad idea. Feeding heat directly from the GPU into the HDD sounds like a recipe for premature drive failure.

TristanDuboisOLG

Average Stuffer
May 10, 2018
I can't seem to see the internal layout when using an E-ATX motherboard and compatible PSU? I have an x299 dark that would be great in my server but I'm worried about it fitting :(

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020

I'll be using a ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2060 AMP.

No overclocks, completely stock. Card only draws 170W of power, so if it fits I'll probably try it and then monitor temps.

Also, has a metal backplate that barely gets warm to the touch. Using it as a game drive so honestly not the end of the world if it gives out sooner than later, was wanting to upgrade to a 4TB at some point anyways and if temps are crazy I guess I can always go with an external dock.

Thanks for the reply!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I can't seem to see the internal layout when using an E-ATX motherboard and compatible PSU? I have an x299 dark that would be great in my server but I'm worried about it fitting :(

There you go ?

I'll be using a ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2060 AMP.

No overclocks, completely stock. Card only draws 170W of power, so if it fits I'll probably try it and then monitor temps.

Also, has a metal backplate that barely gets warm to the touch. Using it as a game drive so honestly not the end of the world if it gives out sooner than later, was wanting to upgrade to a 4TB at some point anyways and if temps are crazy I guess I can always go with an external dock.

Thanks for the reply!

I just checked again with riser, I think will be a no go :| Sorry.

Jerdz

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2019
Hi, do you have any renders for a 2.4 slot gpu and matx/atx motherboard? 5.25cm though. :( I'm planning to fit a strix card with a matx or atx motherboard, whichever fits. Thanks!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi, do you have any renders for a 2.4 slot gpu and matx/atx motherboard? 5.25cm though. :( I'm planning to fit a strix card with a matx or atx motherboard, whichever fits. Thanks!

Hi, with ATX/MATX the limit is 2 slot. This case can fit strix cards only up to gtx1070/1080 which are strict 2 slot.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Oh and if someone is interested in B-stock version of any color please PM me, they have just minor cosmetic defects and you can get them right now! Not many units though.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
So guys, ready for tomorrow? ?