Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

JxeI

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 8, 2020
Sorry for what might seem a dumb question. What are the exact dimensions for a strict dual slot card width to fit within your case. Zotac 2060 Super Amp says its a dual slot card at 41mm width.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Sorry for what might seem a dumb question. What are the exact dimensions for a strict dual slot card width to fit within your case. Zotac 2060 Super Amp says its a dual slot card at 41mm width.

It is not dumb question at all since some manufacturers break the 2 slot limit by just a millimeter or 2.

So the easiest way to check it is to see whether if heatsink shroud protrudes past pci bracket, like this:

As you can see, in this case it doesn't so it should fit. It is basically a reference sized card which is good.

Last edited:

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Bought, looking forward to this!

Edit: Didn't realise the price didn't include EU VAT, so it ended up being quite a bit more expensive than I thought. Maybe this should be more clear on the store page?

Last edited:

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
Ordered my P-Atx already. Now I have to make the mad scramble to figure out cpu cooling before it gets here. (delidded 6700k with Conductonaut @ 4.7ghz, I REFUSE to use water cooling)

Right now I'm thinking either LP 53 with a noctua, c7g with 3d printed fan adapter, PH-TC12LS with a fan mounted underneath, or an IS-60 (could probably fit if I go direct die) with a Noctua. I have to do more research though.

After that, back to waiting for the N-Atx :(

Last edited:

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
Ordered my P-Atx already. Now I have to make the mad scramble to figure out cpu cooling before it gets here. (delidded 6700k with Conductonaut @ 4.7ghz, I REFUSE to use water cooling)

Right now I'm thinking either LP 53 with a noctua, c7g with 3d printed fan adapter, PH-TC12LS with a fan mounted underneath, or an IS-60 (could probably fit if I go direct die) with a Noctua. I have to do more research though.

Is there a reason you don't want to go the water cooling route? I don't think any air cooler 53mm or under is going to cool a 6700k at 4.7ghz. You'd probably be limited to 4 - 4.2ghz at most.

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
Is there a reason you don't want to go the water cooling route? I don't think any air cooler 53mm or under is going to cool a 6700k at 4.7ghz. You'd probably be limited to 4 - 4.2ghz at most.
It's not a challenge if you just slap an aio on everything, and I also don't want any chance of a leak. Too much hassle. I think it's definitely possible. I'd also like the option for full size hdd's, which an aio wouldn't allow for.

snailonni

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2019
Hi, I just bought a new case! I am Very excited! I was wondering if we have any temperature reference? I'm having a evga 1080ti sc2 and 8700k. I'm planning to use lp53 for the cooler. And am thinking about deliding cpu if needed and buy some extra 60mm fans to improve airflow and keep it cool. Any suggestions on the mini fans?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Bought, looking forward to this!

Edit: Didn't realise the price didn't include EU VAT, so it ended up being quite a bit more expensive than I thought. Maybe this should be more clear on the store page?

Hi, thank you a lot for buying! For all who bought the case during weekend, I'll be shipping tomorrow (Monday).

About VAT, haven't thought about it that way, but you are right, I could put a little note under the price for EU citizens, thanks!

Hi, thank you a lot for buying! :)

If you want to go full air (never go full air - lol jk) I would probably experiment with is60 with scythe 1212 pwm fan (like one in Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B) and three 6025 fans on top. PH-TC12LS also sounds interesting.

Placed an order as well. Looking forward to try the formfactor of this case.

Hi, thank you a lot for buying! :)

Is the black still OOS?

Ok so let me explain, I'm only putting in stock assembled cases, ones that are in the box. I don't want to keep anyone waiting after they have made a purchase. Since assembly takes some time, not all cases will be in stock right away. I hope most of you find that acceptable and reasonable.

Hi, I just bought a new case! I am Very excited! I was wondering if we have any temperature reference? I'm having a evga 1080ti sc2 and 8700k. I'm planning to use lp53 for the cooler. And am thinking about deliding cpu if needed and buy some extra 60mm fans to improve airflow and keep it cool. Any suggestions on the mini fans?

Hi, thank you a lot for buying! :) Sorry but I don't have any experience with that cpu, but I hope someone can help you with advice. Only thing I can say is that the 60mm fans on top should help with removing hot air from the case.

Noctua makes good 6025 fans, and Sunon also with their maglev line, they are not loud.

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
It's not a challenge if you just slap an aio on everything, and I also don't want any chance of a leak.

It really just depends on what kind of challenge you are looking for..

I went with a the challenge of "had far can I take this" I can happily say that I'm able to play games for HOURS without even having the fans on and my temps as still better than some air cooling solutions. With the fans on at the lowest speed my 9900k 5.2ghz sits at <50°c and my 2080ti at <40°c when they are both simultaneously at full load. ?

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
It really just depends on what kind of challenge you are looking for..

I went with a the challenge of "had far can I take this" I can happily say that I'm able to play games for HOURS without even having the fans on and my temps as still better than some air cooling solutions. With the fans on at the lowest speed my 9900k 5.2ghz sits at <50°c and my 2080ti at <40°c when they are both simultaneously at full load. ?

Well that's obviously awesome and unique, I'm referring to using a 120mm aio instead of an air cooler.

It looks like the Black Ridge might actually be my ticket, I saw someone had one cooling a delidded 7700k at 4.7ghz at around 73-80c. If i can get my voltages under control I have no doubt it should be doable.

EDIT: I just remembered, Riba are you putting rubber feet in with orders for horizontal orientation? I'd like to lie my P-Atx build down so I can stack it on top of my N-Atx build later down the road. ?

Last edited:

ZivZulander

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2020
AXP-90 should also fit, I think?

And yes, given delid and depending on voltages, it may be doable. A little lower clock speed might be easier on the cooling/RPMs, though.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
EDIT: I just remembered, Riba are you putting rubber feet in with orders for horizontal orientation? I'd like to lie my P-Atx build down so I can stack it on top of my N-Atx build later down the road. ?

Sure, I can include them, please just pm me your name so I know in which box to put it in :)

AXP-90 should also fit, I think?

And yes, given delid and depending on voltages, it may be doable. A little lower clock speed might be easier on the cooling/RPMs, though.

Yep, copper variant should be pretty good.

I have both an AXP-90 copper and an IS-60 to test with this case. (I need to get a slimmer fan for the IS-60 though). I also plan on testing against the Corsair H55. I'll be running a 2600X + 2070

That sounds awesome! Thanks! ?

Reactions: ZivZulander