Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

snailonni

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2019
Is there a reason you don't want to go the water cooling route? I don't think any air cooler 53mm or under is going to cool a 6700k at 4.7ghz. You'd probably be limited to 4 - 4.2ghz at most.
I mean everyone has their own situation. As for me, I know I will fly to multiple cities with this build in the future. I wish to go the safe route, get an air cooler and not worry about AIO on plane

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
I have both an AXP-90 copper and an IS-60 to test with this case. (I need to get a slimmer fan for the IS-60 though). I also plan on testing against the Corsair H55. I'll be running a 2600X + 2070
I'm super excited to see your results. I completely forgot about the AXP-90!

EDIT: Been doing a lot of research the past few days on cooling. There is a LOT of conflicting information on what cools better. A lot of places I'm seeing the AXP-90 as performing the best but other places list the BlackRidge as the best. I've even seen the C7g cited as being best. I guess I'll just have to wait and test for myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZivZulander

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Ok so let me explain, I'm only putting in stock assembled cases, ones that are in the box. I don't want to keep anyone waiting after they have made a purchase. Since assembly takes some time, not all cases will be in stock right away. I hope most of you find that acceptable and reasonable.

So how do I buy one of these? Keep refreshing the site?

Dealito

Case Bender
Nov 18, 2019
I'm interested on the case but curious to see which cpu cookers can go with it. I imagine the scythe big shuriken 2 rev b (58mm) is just impossible to fit. What about the Alpenföhn Black Ridge? Presumably 47mm but pushing the air outwards, rather than inwards.

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
lmao, we all waiting. I was checking the tracking status almost 3 times per day. So excited.

Yeah, super excited for a case this form factor that can handle full sized boards. No more having to get the top of the line mini ITX boards just to ensure they have decent VRMS. Bought a MSI b450i gaming pls ac for $170 CAD, which is the same price as a middle of the line x470 board. Hell there's even lower end x570 boards for only $10 more.

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
Yeah, super excited for a case this form factor that can handle full sized boards. No more having to get the top of the line mini ITX boards just to ensure they have decent VRMS. Bought a MSI b450i gaming pls ac for $170 CAD, which is the same price as a middle of the line x470 board. Hell there's even lower end x570 boards for only $10 more.
Pretty much the same reason that got me to try this board. For the same money I'd spend on an itx board with mid-tier VRMs I can get a top of the line ATX board.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
but if your concern is about decent VRM, then isnt the B450i from MSI a good buy? In my place, I dont see any AMD board that has 6 phases for the same price.

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
but if your concern is about decent VRM, then isnt the B450i from MSI a good buy? In my place, I dont see any AMD board that has 6 phases for the same price.

It's a good buy yes and I'm happy with it, but there's ATX x470 + x570 boards with much better overall features. More m.2 slots (mine only has 1 and on the back of the mobo), better onboard audio, more fan headers, 4 ram slots vs only 2, USB 3. 2 Gen2. Better bios support, my motherboard has a super basic bios since the mobo doesn't have enough onboard memory for the ryzen 3000 chipset. They had to make quite a few compromises there for it to fit.

There's quite a few ATX x570 boards from MSI for $170-$200. Meanwhile the cheapest mini itx x570 I can find is $299.

So it will be nice to know in the future I don't have to be so limited in my selection.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'm interested on the case but curious to see which cpu cookers can go with it. I imagine the scythe big shuriken 2 rev b (58mm) is just impossible to fit. What about the Alpenföhn Black Ridge? Presumably 47mm but pushing the air outwards, rather than inwards.

Black Ridge will fit no problem! shuriken wont unfortunately.

You offer shipping discounts if we buy 2 cases?

If you buy 2 cases shipping costs less per case, that's right.

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018

Just finished my build in the P-ATX case, it was a great experience and the case is very well designed. I reused an ITX board I already had but intend to swap in an ATX motherboard with my next upgrade. If you are looking for full ATX compatibility with a decent GPU in 9 litres I can recommend the P-ATX. Parts list for the build is below.

Parts List
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Asetek 645LT 92mm SFF AIO Liquid Cooler
  • Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3200
  • Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Black
  • Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Supply
  • Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM chromax.Black.swap 33.84 CFM 92 mm Fan
  • SFFTIME P-ATX Case https://www.sfftime.com/product-page/p-atx-white
  • Alienware AW3420DW 34.1" 3440x1440 120 Hz
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Rz9M4n