Completed SFFtime presents: N-ATX - 14 L case with ATX mbo and psu, 4-slot gpu and 360mm rad support!

trypt

Efficiency Noob
May 11, 2021
Yes, that is right.

Second part, it depends, quality aios shouldn't have issues since they should be full of water. I used mine (asus ryuo 120 with asetek pump, I always recommend aios with asetek pump) for a long time and never had issues. You can also choose aio that doesn't have pump in the cpu block.

Would you consider the Corsair H60 a quality AIO? I can buy whatever, dont mind reading up on custom loop as well.

Reactions: DrHudacris

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Ok, I will have to preset it then , I am using the red devil 6900xt and an x570 keyboard so it is gen 4

Would you be selling pcie gen 4 riser at any point of time ?

Yes, you probably should.

We plan on selling them once we see an viable option for this kind of layout (180 angle for the male end and right angle for the female end). Not sure when that is going to happen.

Would you consider the Corsair H60 a quality AIO? I can buy whatever, dont mind reading up on custom loop as well.

It is fine but not the best (EK one should be better), however I would prefer using AIO with an Asetek pump, I find them the best and most reliable option for this kind of orientation where the pump is at the top of the loop. Asus makes some great options (ryuo 120, strix 120).

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
Maybe i should invest in a bench table to set my bios together with another set of PSU , so whenever I want to change motherboard, it would be easier for me

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Maybe i should invest in a bench table to set my bios together with another set of PSU , so whenever I want to change motherboard, it would be easier for me
Actually all motherboard vendors supply one free of charge with every purchase for this purpose.

It's the box.

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
Actually all motherboard vendors supply one free of charge with every purchase for this purpose.

It's the box.
Nah I just want a tidier place to hook a PSU into, so whenever I have to do the PCIE change or whatever on a brand new motherboard I can just hook it there before assembling the actual sistem

starvegal

Cable Smoosher
Apr 17, 2021
Hey, reporting in from my PC running in my brand new N-ATX! It arrived a couple of days ago but I was away so I didn't have an opportunity to set it up. Came back today and moved my PC over first thing. I wasn't super thorough, but I did take some pictures that I can post later.

Overall, things are looking good! Some notes:
  • Loved the packaging! Everything is snug but clean and looks classy. The case arrived unblemished, in spite of a solid dent in the outer box, so thank you for being so thoughtful.
  • The manual could potentially make it a little clearer starting out that there are two kinds of black screws: the flat ones vs. the countersunk ones. I accidentally used a couple of countersunk ones elsewhere and had to go and remove them to advance with mounting the PSU. I ended up being one short. Maybe it'll turn up, but three screws out of four seems fine for now.
  • Installing my 3080 was a bit of a challenge. I did successfully follow the instructions to get it in, but for some reason I've ended up with it tilted slightly backwards for it to be in a position where the GPU bracket screws to the case. Accordingly, only one of those screws lines up with the hole. Pictures to follow. I'm not sure how this would happen, seeing as there's only one place it makes sense to have mounted the riser. But it is secured, so I don't mind too much.
    • With my ATX motherboard, I happened to have more luck folding my riser more towards the bottom and tucking some excess in between my other PCI slots (as compared to the method of folding higher up depicted in the manual). Folding lower down created less leverage against the top side of the GPU as I was trying to maneuver it into the slot while the riser was pushing back.
  • Stuffing my ATX PSU cables in was a pain -- but it was doable. For anyone who's worried about this, you truly don't need custom cables, but you'll probably consider them -- especially if you have big fingers that got squeezed and scratched up trying to slot things in and route things around!
Overall, I'm extremely impressed and very happy with the outcome. Temps are warmer, as expected, but basically fine. 60s at idle on CPU (9700K) and on GPU (3080 Ventus 3x OC). Will stress test a bit more soon.

Thank you for your excellent work @riba2233! Worth every penny!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hey, reporting in from my PC running in my brand new N-ATX! It arrived a couple of days ago but I was away so I didn't have an opportunity to set it up. Came back today and moved my PC over first thing. I wasn't super thorough, but I did take some pictures that I can post later.

Overall, things are looking good! Some notes:
  • Loved the packaging! Everything is snug but clean and looks classy. The case arrived unblemished, in spite of a solid dent in the outer box, so thank you for being so thoughtful.
  • The manual could potentially make it a little clearer starting out that there are two kinds of black screws: the flat ones vs. the countersunk ones. I accidentally used a couple of countersunk ones elsewhere and had to go and remove them to advance with mounting the PSU. I ended up being one short. Maybe it'll turn up, but three screws out of four seems fine for now.
  • Installing my 3080 was a bit of a challenge. I did successfully follow the instructions to get it in, but for some reason I've ended up with it tilted slightly backwards for it to be in a position where the GPU bracket screws to the case. Accordingly, only one of those screws lines up with the hole. Pictures to follow. I'm not sure how this would happen, seeing as there's only one place it makes sense to have mounted the riser. But it is secured, so I don't mind too much.
    • With my ATX motherboard, I happened to have more luck folding my riser more towards the bottom and tucking some excess in between my other PCI slots (as compared to the method of folding higher up depicted in the manual). Folding lower down created less leverage against the top side of the GPU as I was trying to maneuver it into the slot while the riser was pushing back.
  • Stuffing my ATX PSU cables in was a pain -- but it was doable. For anyone who's worried about this, you truly don't need custom cables, but you'll probably consider them -- especially if you have big fingers that got squeezed and scratched up trying to slot things in and route things around!
Overall, I'm extremely impressed and very happy with the outcome. Temps are warmer, as expected, but basically fine. 60s at idle on CPU (9700K) and on GPU (3080 Ventus 3x OC). Will stress test a bit more soon.

Thank you for your excellent work @riba2233! Worth every penny!

Hi, thank you a lot for your feedback!

Can you please post some pictures of gpu mount so I can see it better? I think I know what you mean but I would just like to be sure :) Yeah riser bend position is just a suggestion, everyone should bend it where it is most convenient, depending on motherboard etc.

And you can post some pictures of the whole build, that would be awesome, thank you! :)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi everyone, here is a build I just did for my friend, I am very pleased with how it turned out:

From 47 to 14 L with only CPU cooler replaced! ATX motherboard, mammoth 3slot GPU and ATX psu all fit no problem and still space left for many SSDs.

He bought a prebuilt from a local shop, which was only way to obtain a GPU at reasonable price and I transferred it to the N-ATX and replaced the cpu cooler for the IS-60 I had.

Before:

After:

Ryzen 3600
Gainward RTX3070
Gigabyte B450
ID-cooling IS60
Kingston A2000 500gb
Gigabyte P850GM (yes, I know, but it came with a pc)
and of course SFFtime N-ATX :)

No problems with ATX length cables, these flat ones are easy to manage. The build was super easy and I am really happy I had the opportunity to play with such a nice GPU :)

If you have any questions please ask!

Last edited:

starvegal

Cable Smoosher
Apr 17, 2021
All right, time for those pictures I promised -- though @riba2233 has already put me to shame by posting such a neat build of his own. 😭 Took me a while to post this because I haven't used Imgur to make an album in forever.

Before and after!

Corsair Vengeance C70 that I've had since 2013

New new goodness

Maybe there's more I can do with my PSU cable management, and maybe I'll do custom cables -- but overall I love it.

Check out the album to see my build process, fun pictures, and my weird GPU seating issue! (please click through, the preview is messed up for some reason)

My component list:
MB: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro WiFi (ATX)
CPU: Intel i7-9700K
Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12LS with Cooler Master MF120 Halo
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (16GBx2) 3000MHz
GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3x OC
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (NVMe), Samsung 860 Evo 4TB (2.5")
PSU: Segotep 850W Fully-Modular Power Supply, 80 Plus Gold

Thanks again, @riba2233! Hope this is helpful to anyone.

Bonus: set up nicely on my desk (used to sit underneath).

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
All right, time for those pictures I promised -- though @riba2233 has already put me to shame by posting such a neat build of his own. 😭 Took me a while to post this because I haven't used Imgur to make an album in forever.

Before and after!

Corsair Vengeance C70 that I've had since 2013

New new goodness

Maybe there's more I can do with my PSU cable management, and maybe I'll do custom cables -- but overall I love it.

Check out the album to see my build process, fun pictures, and my weird GPU seating issue! (please click through, the preview is messed up for some reason)

My component list:
MB: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro WiFi (ATX)
CPU: Intel i7-9700K
Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12LS with Cooler Master MF120 Halo
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (16GBx2) 3000MHz
GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3x OC
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (NVMe), Samsung 860 Evo 4TB (2.5")
PSU: Segotep 850W Fully-Modular Power Supply, 80 Plus Gold

Thanks again, @riba2233! Hope this is helpful to anyone.

Bonus: set up nicely on my desk (used to sit underneath).

Awesome build, thank you for posting!

I would like to give you a few notes/suggestions:

1. cpu cooler would potentially work better if you flip it by 180 degrees
2. dust out the gpu ;)
3. your gpu alignment is easy to fix, you need to make sure that the GPU bracket is properly alligned and that the bolts are screws through correct holes in the gpus pci bracket (you can fix this without taking anything out of the case, just unscrew two bolts from the pci bracket and realign them), take a look:

4. the case is a bit to close to the speaker, it will surely limit it's thermal performance, but if thing are not throttling than you don't have any reason to worry.

starvegal

Cable Smoosher
Apr 17, 2021
As usual, the problem is between the chair and the (my) keyboard. Used the correct holes on the GPU slot bracket and everything looks perfectly aligned now. If I can find that last countersunk screw, the case itself will be perfectly assembled.

Regarding your comments on the thermals:

1. I could do this, though reseating the Phanteks is kind of a pain. I might get a bit more RAM in the next few weeks and if that forces me to remove the cooler, I'll probably try it then. Would you mind telling me why that might work better though?
2. I'll get around to dusting the heatsink... eventually. I can post pictures of that too if people are into it, LMK. 😛
4. You're definitely right that things were a bit tight around the case. Nothing was throttling, but things were getting a bit warm so I gave the case a couple cm of breathing room and it's way better. Kudos though for designing the case to stand up to this kind of abuse. 😅

Thank you for all of your comments! Looking forward to seeing other people's builds. 😊

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
As usual, the problem is between the chair and the (my) keyboard. Used the correct holes on the GPU slot bracket and everything looks perfectly aligned now. If I can find that last countersunk screw, the case itself will be perfectly assembled.

Regarding your comments on the thermals:

1. I could do this, though reseating the Phanteks is kind of a pain. I might get a bit more RAM in the next few weeks and if that forces me to remove the cooler, I'll probably try it then. Would you mind telling me why that might work better though?
2. I'll get around to dusting the heatsink... eventually. I can post pictures of that too if people are into it, LMK. 😛
4. You're definitely right that things were a bit tight around the case. Nothing was throttling, but things were getting a bit warm so I gave the case a couple cm of breathing room and it's way better. Kudos though for designing the case to stand up to this kind of abuse. 😅

Thank you for all of your comments! Looking forward to seeing other people's builds. 😊

Don't worry, you're not the first one who made that mistake! They are making those holes bigger and bigger, they don't even look like screw holes anymore.

1. if it is a pain do not do it, in theory it could be a bit better due to heatpipe orientation but it is also possible that there won't be any difference, depends on the heatpipe type. If your temps are acceptable, don't worry.

2. don't sweat it, just keep an eye on the temps :)

4. yeah ventilation and cooling are the top priority!

Np, thank you for posting the build.

Reactions: starvegal

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
Hey riba, my case arrived today, is the fan on your IS 60 25mm fans ? if yes, can I know what kind of screw to use for those ?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
OH, I see , because you dont get one with the is60 evo, and you cant mount a12 x25 on em, what do you think of big shuriken 3 on the N-ATX ?
It would also be fine and you can mount 25mm fan. Although there might be better options if we consider all sub 79mm coolers.

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
I got my case a few days ago but haven't had the opportunity to open it up and take a look. Later today I plan on doing some general maintenance to my rad as it's getting a but dusty after 2+ years of use without a filter. While I'm at it I'm gonna poke around and find a good place to passthrough the tubes and cables out of the chassis.

I'm thinking the best bet might be the upper PCIe slot or maybe behind the GPU if there is enough room.

I think it might be time to build a shelf for all my unused SFF chassis. I now have the P-ATX, P-ATX v2, Ncase M1, S4mc, Skyreach S4, and a Dancase A4. I think that's all of them 🤔

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
It would also be fine and you can mount 25mm fan. Although there might be better options if we consider all sub 79mm coolers.
which cooler do you suggest in this case ?

ooohhh noice! transplanting this weekend? pls share pls share 😍
I will share when I fill with atx, I am using it right now and the cable is very unmanaged

but hey have this picture

I am considering putting it in the horizontal orientation , but I am afraid that if I put it below my monitor stand it would get choked