Completed SFFtime presents: N-ATX - 14 L case with ATX mbo and psu, 4-slot gpu and 360mm rad support!

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
I really can't tell anything regarding certain deadlines, sorry!

No worries I was only trying to understand your current estimated project timeline, I will probably wait as I much prefer the design of your case since the H1 requires a few mods before it's optimised

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

If this is true, this will simplify my update towards N-ATX over SM550 to get better CPU cooling, 3+ slots GPU...and gen 3 riser won't be an immediate issue.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
I am eager with the work you've been doing on this case. This configuration in particular excites me.

I am curious as to how the SFX PSU will be connected in this case though. Perhaps an SFX PSU bracket that fits into the PCIe slots? Also if the SFX PSU were to be swapped for a Flex ATX PSU on the bottom, would there perhaps be room for a single slot PCIe next to the PSU?

Reactions: riba2233

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I am eager with the work you've been doing on this case. This configuration in particular excites me.

I am curious as to how the SFX PSU will be connected in this case though. Perhaps an SFX PSU bracket that fits into the PCIe slots? Also if the SFX PSU were to be swapped for a Flex ATX PSU on the bottom, would there perhaps be room for a single slot PCIe next to the PSU?
Yes I assume SFX PSU bracket will be compatible with PCIe slots..:)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Glad you like it!

There will be a bracket that holds SFX psu. Regarding flex, don't count on it, just doesn't make sense.

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
do you have a size comparison between the N and P atx with the real items ? And have you tested the thermals ?

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Glad you like it!

There will be a bracket that holds SFX psu. Regarding flex, don't count on it, just doesn't make sense.
Would there possible be space for a single PCIe slot device behind the SFX PSU if the SFX PSU was moved to the front to be flush to the front panel?

Leadbeater

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 21, 2020
This is possibly just what i have been looking for to downsize my current rig (in a lovely cool and quiet, but imposingly large HAF 922).
I would be very interested to know how the noise thermals workout, and where i would need to go to order one when you are ready?

Quaddragon

Chassis Packer
Nov 11, 2020
This is possibly just what i have been looking for to downsize my current rig (in a lovely cool and quiet, but imposingly large HAF 922).
I would be very interested to know how the noise thermals workout, and where i would need to go to order one when you are ready?
I would guess that when he releases you should be able to preorder one on his website www.sfftime.com

Reactions: Leadbeater

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Would there possible be space for a single PCIe slot device behind the SFX PSU if the SFX PSU was moved to the front to be flush to the front panel?

Not really, it just fits barely.

Will we be able to mount the stand on the top of the case so the Video card can vent heat to the top of the case?

No, sorry, I find this orientation better.

Hi, glad that you like it! Thermals and noise for gpu should be excellent, and for CPU it depends on the cooling solution, but also not bad. Worst case you will use a ~75mm air cooler if you can't fit an AIO. What gpu do you have?

Reactions: Kit

Leadbeater

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 21, 2020
75mm air cooler if you can't fit an AIO. What gpu do you have?
Thanks for your response!
My GPU is an MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, its nothing beastly but it does everything i want it to and quietly in my current setup, the fans never spin past 800rpm at the moment! It is naturally my next upgrade path tho but not for a while. I was thinking a 240mm AIO for the CPU (ryzen 2600x) that i also dont over clock to keep the noise and in turn the thermals down. Currently cooled by a Dark Rock Pro 4 wich again i dont hear, im fully aware that has to go though for a downsized case haha.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
My GPU is an MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, its nothing beastly but it does everything i want it to and quietly in my current setup, the fans never spin past 800rpm at the moment! It is naturally my next upgrade path tho but not for a while. I was thinking a 240mm AIO for the CPU (ryzen 2600x) that i also dont over clock to keep the noise and in turn the thermals down. Currently cooled by a Dark Rock Pro 4 wich again i dont hear, im fully aware that has to go though for a downsized case haha.
With your current setup and wish of quietness, I won’t recommend to move AIO before hearing pump noise.
Especially as you currently have oversized air cpu cooler...;)

In N-ATX, best air cpu cooler will be axp-200, IS-60 evo (with 25mm fan). Those coolers will have no issue to handle 2600x quietly.

Globally thermals of N-ATX like P-ATX are pretty good.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Np :)

If I were you I would go with air for that cpu, 240mm aio is total overkill and would require using itx board.

Reactions: Leadbeater

Unofficial

Cable Smoosher
May 31, 2020
Looking at the specs for the final config, 35mm just isn't enough for most water blocks.
I don't know of any that can be below 35mm with fittings.

Leadbeater

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 21, 2020
In N-ATX, best air cpu cooler will be axp-200, IS-60 evo (with 25mm fan). Those coolers will have no issue to handle 2600x quietly.

Thanks for the recommendations i will look into those.

If I were you I would go with air for that cpu, 240mm aio is total overkill and would require using itx board

Yea i went total overkill in most aspects for the quietest i could get my setup, (ie HAF 922 with 2 x 200mm intake fans and 1x 200mm exhaust, RPMS dont go over 300 and CPU, GPU dont go over 60 Degrees) as having children took my gaming room so the PC got put in the bedroom, space is the issue now, so im trying to go as small as i can with similar results.

Thanks for the responses, iv joined other SFF Networks but not got the helpfulness like with you guys.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Looking at the specs for the final config, 35mm just isn't enough for most water blocks.
I don't know of any that can be below 35mm with fittings.

I know, that is why I must point out that using two slot gpu in the upper position is only for very narrow use cases.

However, there are a few block that can fit, some corsair units and stock asetek for aio, and alphacool and EK have 1U block with side mounted fittings for custom loop.

In any case, it is best to just use single slot gpu if you want to use it in upper position.

Thanks for the recommendations i will look into those.

Yea i went total overkill in most aspects for the quietest i could get my setup, (ie HAF 922 with 2 x 200mm intake fans and 1x 200mm exhaust, RPMS dont go over 300 and CPU, GPU dont go over 60 Degrees) as having children took my gaming room so the PC got put in the bedroom, space is the issue now, so im trying to go as small as i can with similar results.

Thanks for the responses, iv joined other SFF Networks but not got the helpfulness like with you guys.

I get it yeah. Of course you will need to downsize with cpu cooling a bit, but I still think you can tune it to achieve low noise, and the case has good ventilation so that will help.

Reactions: Camo5

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
Would a Corsair RM850x fit inside this case? Also, any idea on production time? Bought your P-ATX around Feb last year, it's been great. But this can really take things to the next level.

Reactions: DrHudacris