Completed SFFtime presents: N-ATX - 14 L case with ATX mbo and psu, 4-slot gpu and 360mm rad support!

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
I was wondering if the IS60 would fit my motherboard or not, then I realize that if I change to the N atx, I would want to change motherboard as well

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
Currently I have a crosshair impact , there are some compatibility issue that arise due to the add in card system , such as not being able to bend tubes low enough for aio in certain cases , or being unable to mount certain cooler in a certain way

I am looking at x570 taichi for the N atx

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Currently I have a crosshair impact , there are some compatibility issue that arise due to the add in card system , such as not being able to bend tubes low enough for aio in certain cases , or being unable to mount certain cooler in a certain way

I am looking at x570 taichi for the N atx
Crosshair impact was a mini DTX attempt to shrink all ATX into smaller size...but its additional card is way too tall..:)
For sure N-ATX case could solve that by moving to true ATX MB..;)

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
I quite like the board though , the 8 pin placement is especially good, and the add in card is wonderfully done as well, with multiple fan connector on it as well. I guess I would give it a try first by ordering the is60 evo and trying to mount it, and if i cant time to get a new mobo lol (excuses)

Camo5

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020
This seems interesting idea. I think you would need modifications to use current feet as placement wont match and you may need more clearance in height for thicker cables/connectors (HDMI, DP, PSU). Also small downside would be that in this case top of the case would be solid.
Imo this is a good thing, I hate dust getting in from the top of my current case

Alpha Z3R0

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 14, 2020
I would like to know when the N-ATX is going to be up for pre-order as well. This case gives me everything I am looking for in a sff case. My wife almost ordered the p-atx case until she read this forum and saw this case, lol (she wants one for the living room). Now I want one to create a console style pc...

Reactions: Kit and MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I would like to know when the N-ATX is going to be up for pre-order as well. This case gives me everything I am looking for in a sff case. My wife almost ordered the p-atx case until she read this forum and saw this case, lol (she wants one for the living room). Now I want one to create a console style pc...
I agree here...:)
From my point of view, only compromise is Riser Gen 3...but I can live with it, at least for now..:)

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
Yeah I would like a gen 4 option as well if possible for the riser as I have a 3070 and im looking at getting a 6800 XT if im lucky

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yeah I would like a gen 4 option as well if possible for the riser as I have a 3070 and im looking at getting a 6800 XT if im lucky
Personnally I'll wait for spring 2021 to see what I need to renew.

Right now, I'm focuses on new monitor/TV..:)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@riba2233 would you have any feedback/benchmarks done in horizontal orientation (either P or N, using standard air cooling) please? I would like to know impact on both GPU or CPU temperature. Based on my experience on Node 202, orientation was impacting noticeably temperatures. (After Cerberus-X temperatures were not impacted by orientation)

Thanks in advance!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
@riba2233 would you have any feedback/benchmarks done in horizontal orientation (either P or N, using standard air cooling) please? I would like to know impact on both GPU or CPU temperature. Based on my experience on Node 202, orientation was impacting noticeably temperatures. (After Cerberus-X temperatures were not impacted by orientation)

Thanks in advance!

I haven't done any tests myself, but CPU and GPU draw air from the same side, one that has full access to fresh air so I don't see any problems with that configuration, it should have the same thermal performance. Maybe some of my customers who use the case in that orientation can confirm that.

Only consideration is if you use AIO that exhausts air to the right side of the case, you would preferably use a bit taller feet for that configuration.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I haven't done any tests myself, but CPU and GPU draw air from the same side, one that has full access to fresh air so I don't see any problems with that configuration, it should have the same thermal performance. Maybe some of my customers who use the case in that orientation can confirm that.

Only consideration is if you use AIO that exhausts air to the right side of the case, you would preferably use a bit taller feet for that configuration.
I'm planning to use hifi stands feet with N-ATX horitzontal case...It will provide enough clearance (more than my SM550 that offers great bottom exhaust capabilities)

@riba2233 Let's wait for release of N-ATX case..;) Will you have some pre-production samples? It worked well for my pre-production Cerberus-X..;)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'm planning to use hifi stands feet with N-ATX horitzontal case...It will provide enough clearance (more than my SM550 that offers great bottom exhaust capabilities)

@riba2233 Let's wait for release of N-ATX case..;) Will you have some pre-production samples? It worked well for my pre-production Cerberus-X..;)

I am not sure but probably no, since I usually get the prototype really close to the final version, then just do a few small tweaks before the first batch. But not impossible if I see that it needs a bit more tweaking, we'll see :)

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
I am not sure but probably no, since I usually get the prototype really close to the final version, then just do a few small tweaks before the first batch. But not impossible if I see that it needs a bit more tweaking, we'll see :)

How far to first batch do you think?

I ask because ebuyer has nzxt h1 on sale, so getting an itchy trigger finger