Completed SFFtime presents: N-ATX - 14 L case with ATX mbo and psu, 4-slot gpu and 360mm rad support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
First of all

This will fit?
- Mini ITX Motherboard
- EKWB Revo D5 (78mm)
- ATX PSU
- 30mm rad + 15mm fan (Noctua A12x15)
- Dual slot GPU (Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti Gaming OC)

Thanks!!

Haha thank you :)

I would say yes, but just to be sure, can you please give me the link to the exact pump you have so I can check dimensions?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Sure! It's this one https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-revo-d5-rgb-pwm-incl-sl-pump

The length can be 40mm shortter with a tube swap.

I have just checked, it fits tightly, there is just around 80 mm between itx mbo and atx psu, but you will have to be really creative with the fittings placement:

You will want to have shorter ram sticks to have any chance of having place for fittings:

I would still recommend a smaller pump, but you can always experiment.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I use ADT R33UL 20cm long. This gen4 riser might fit depending on the rest of the hardware you use. For eg. it won't fit with ATX mbo and 3-slot gpu.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I use ADT R33UL 20cm long. This gen4 riser might fit depending on the rest of the hardware you use. For eg. it won't fit with ATX mbo and 3-slot gpu.
I understand the point. ADT R33UL is best universal choice for N-ATX.
However for pure mini ITX build, ADT R3335W could be best choice as it's gen 4 and allows better airflow on the back plate.

Will it possible to order N-ATX without R33UL riser?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I understand the point. ADT R33UL is best universal choice for N-ATX.
However for pure mini ITX build, ADT R3335W could be best choice as it's gen 4 and allows better airflow on the back plate.

Will it possible to order N-ATX without R33UL riser?

After you order write me an e-mail and we'll sort it out. But don't forget that R33UL has 6 separate wires that can be bunched up for better airflow.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
After you order write me an e-mail and we'll sort it out. But don't forget that R33UL has 6 separate wires that can be bunched up for better airflow.
Thanks
Well I've similar riser right now with CL530 with 6 lines.
However with RTX3090 and fans I don't have really space to create bundle and free some space for airflow.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thanks
Well I've similar riser right now with CL530 with 6 lines.
However with RTX3090 and fans I don't have really space to create bundle and free some space for airflow.

I have seen your CL530 build, it has a similar riser but the difference is that it has the tape connecting the 6 lines in the middle, while 20cm riser that I provide has that tape only around the top part, so it's easier to bunch them up.

But yeah, I see your point, there is around 5-6 mm between the 25mm fan and 3slot gpu in that config.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I have seen your CL530 build, it has a similar riser but the difference is that it has the tape connecting the 6 lines in the middle, while 20cm riser that I provide has that tape only around the top part, so it's easier to bunch them up.

But yeah, I see your point, there is around 5-6 mm between the 25mm fan and 3slot gpu in that config.
5-6mm clearance between 3 slots GPU and fans without grid. Are you recommending grid usage behind riser?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
If you orient the fan in the way that they are exhausting, than I would put a grid on the fan that is behind the riser.
I agree..;)
That would leave only 2-3mm clearance between GPU and fan grid..;)

I would assume opened riser would be more than welcome..;);)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
That would be ideal situation...but I guess it should be harder than PSU custom cable, isn't?..:)

I have a lot experience with electronics and soldering, I wire something like that no problem, maybe even design the pcb's, but the problem is time required, I simply wouldn't have time for mass producing something like that. Too many solder points for manual manufacturing.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I have a lot experience with electronics and soldering, I wire something like that no problem, maybe even design the pcb's, but the problem is time required, I simply wouldn't have time for mass producing something like that. Too many solder points for manual manufacturing.
That's something I can order to you with N-ATX case..:):):)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@riba2233 I've another "stupid" question :
Here are dimension of N-ATX case :
  • 14 L volume with 406 x 354 x 98 mm outer dimensions
I suppose 406mm is from front to back of the case
I suppose 354mm is height without case stand, am I correct? If yes what is full height including stand please?

El Media Vida

Caliper Novice
Jan 11, 2021
I have just checked, it fits tightly, there is just around 80 mm between itx mbo and atx psu, but you will have to be really creative with the fittings placement:

You will want to have shorter ram sticks to have any chance of having place for fittings:

I would still recommend a smaller pump, but you can always experiment.

Then I need switch to SFX PSU, thanks for the help!!

Another thing, the N-ATX release its on february 21 too?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
@riba2233 I've another "stupid" question :
Here are dimension of N-ATX case :
  • 14 L volume with 406 x 354 x 98 mm outer dimensions
I suppose 406mm is from front to back of the case
I suppose 354mm is height without case stand, am I correct? If yes what is full height including stand please?

Not stupid at all!

Yes, 406mm is length (not includind panel flanges which add around 2mm), and 354 mm (same) is without stand. With stand it's 386 mm (+1.6 mm rubber feet).

Reactions: MarcParis