Production ONE2 DISTRO 400 - A 12V Power distribution board

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

there we go. this is close to the final product. need to print out a bunch of these covers. Release date will be pushed back to Feb due to a work trip I have to take in Jan.

Looks great!

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
@Thehack what do you see as being the ideal 400w setup? Your 12v board + Meanwell 400w + what CPU and GPU? 95w CPU and a 1070? 1080?

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
Just thought of this - with the way Gury mods his G-Unique bricks to feed power direct to the GPU from the brick/DC jack via the PCIe connectors (single or dual plug), would this potentially impede on performance or function for the One2 Distro if using one of these bricks?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Just thought of this - with the way Gury mods his G-Unique bricks to feed power direct to the GPU from the brick/DC jack via the PCIe connectors (single or dual plug), would this potentially impede on performance or function for the One2 Distro if using one of these bricks?

If you are using a Distro 400, you should only be using the 24pin part of the G-Unique, and not the power entry. You should use the passthrough function and the SYNC function.

The Distro 400 adds a layer of filtering and control so you can use any 12V AC-DC. I'm not sure of the ripple specs on the G-Unique brick itself. It fits perfectly inside the Skyreach 4, but it is also very useful for those exploring their own 12V AC-DC PSU.

Reactions: br3nd0

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
If you are using a Distro 400, you should only be using the 24pin part of the G-Unique, and not the power entry. You should use the passthrough function and the SYNC function.

The Distro 400 adds a layer of filtering and control so you can use any 12V AC-DC. I'm not sure of the ripple specs on the G-Unique brick itself. It fits perfectly inside the Skyreach 4, but it is also very useful for those exploring their own 12V AC-DC PSU.

Gotcha - that makes sense now - thanks again

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016

there we go. this is close to the final product. need to print out a bunch of these covers. Release date will be pushed back to Feb due to a work trip I have to take in Jan.

Nice work !! What are the final distro board dimensions, w/o the top cover ?

Do you know when you'll have a confirmed release date ?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Nice work !! What are the final distro board dimensions, w/o the top cover ?

Do you know when you'll have a confirmed release date ?

The top cover doesn't add additional height. The bottom cover adds about 5mm.

It is about 102 x 51mm.

Looking February right now. Worldwide shipping for this is about $20-25 I believe.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Nice !

I have experimented some issues when used as embedded (w/ the EPS connector only) though.
After some time, the computer would crash right before booting Windows.
No more issues with a Picobox Z2 or a G-Unique PDCB.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Reactions: Beardedswede

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
It's quite long at 220mm. I don't see why this wouldn't work. As long as you can wire it and turn it on, the Distro 400 works with any 12v psu.