Production ONE2 DISTRO 400 - A 12V Power distribution board

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I would recommend you keep the flex PSU layout then.

There should be an integrated plugin DC board + meanwell 400W next year. It's on my list of projects. It has a slightly smaller foot print than flex PSU, uses fewer cables, and can be fanless. The model is rps-400-12-c.

Reactions: InfernoZeus

arataisozaki

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2018
I would recommend you keep the flex PSU layout then.

There should be an integrated plugin DC board + meanwell 400W next year. It's on my list of projects. It has a slightly smaller foot print than flex PSU, uses fewer cables, and can be fanless. The model is rps-400-12-c.

You mean integrated as in the One2 and Plugin Unit in one piece?

arataisozaki

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2018
It depends on whether I can find a suitable solution that can keep the entire system under 200 watts or not. Josh was able to power a 65W CPU with the same R9 285 with the Pico (see this video) but his AC power supply has more overhead at 300W. I have a 35W CPU though, so maybe with that and undervolting the GPU I could probably get it between 200 and 240? XD Still too much for a 200W internal AC-DC though.

If you can't wait for the One2, have a clean 12v power supply and a soldering iron you can just source the 12v for GPU and CPU directly from the PSU. Than, once the one2 arrives, you can clean it all up :D

Reactions: Thehack

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Great, but it's lacking a high power (>=300W) 12V internal AC-DC unit. Which one are your considering?

The RPS-400-12-C. But it won't fit inside the S4M unfortunately.

For the S4M, it is designed to be as a straight forward install without any modding using an external brick.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

arataisozaki

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2018
Those wouldn't fit and would require a lot of modding. The C13 power connector is quite large as well.

I'm not quite sure if I fully understand you. There is no need for an extra C13 connector. It's already integrated in the psu.
Sorry, for hijacking the thread :/

arataisozaki

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2018
Yeah, I guess you would have to mod the case and cut away the hole section with the power adapter cut outs :D Well, I guess it's only a theoretical fit.. or, as I mentioned, it might fit in the front. If your gpu is short enough.. like 175 mm max

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

sample pic from the factory. still require final assembly of the headers. wooot getting ever so close.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Looks awesome, great job !!

Possible to get early birds boards w/o Mini-Fit headers for those who want to sodler their cables ?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
THERE'S A LISTING ON THE WEBSTORE!!!

HYPE!
Indeed.

I am migrating to a different platform than shopify. There will be no one size fit all kit. You will be able to kit what you need for your Distro 400.

Other listing include rps-200 which can be kitted with power entry and adapter for use with plugin units. Expect some big news in January and February.