Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Bronze Supporter
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
#12vGang

I'm guessing you will be selling a Meanwell 400W bundle with this?
I stocked some GST280A12-C6P, 250W external brick.

It'll serve as a lower priced alternative to the HDPlex 400 for the S4M. Brick + DC ATX is $200ish. Vs hdplex $230. But the total consumption is reduced to 250W continuous. Currently there's no option between 160W and 300W so this is a nice alternative. It is also much smaller and easier to build than the hdplex 400.

I am sample testing right now to make sure they work safely.

Last edited:

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Yes. The 400W kit will come late this year.
Are there going to be two different distro boards then? Or are you just referring to the actual 'kit' bundled with different connectors and a 400w AC/DC unit?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Bronze Supporter
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Are there going to be two different distro boards then? Or are you just referring to the actual 'kit' bundled with different connectors and a 400w AC/DC unit?
I use the term loosely.

Just means different ac-dc will be stocked.

I won't be stocking 400W internals until I design a case that can house it

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Bronze Supporter
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Missing some marketing materials but it is up for now. I'll be doing a how to video this weekend, updating more pics, etc.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Bronze Supporter
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
That is INSANELY affordable.

12V is the future!!
Is it? I think I need to raise the prices a bit then... :D It's about $90 per kit if you go kit it out.

$45 for just the board. Which is also viable if you're a modder.

To be clear, full disclosure I also lack safety certifications. DC-DC products certification is generally not required, but HDPLEX I believe certifies theirs.

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Way Wielder
Silver Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Is it? I think I need to raise the prices a bit then... :D It's about $90 per kit if you go kit it out.

$45 for just the board. Which is also viable if you're a modder.

To be clear, full disclosure I also lack safety certifications. DC-DC products certification is generally not required, but HDPLEX I believe certifies theirs.
Please don't. XD

I'll just be getting the board, as I already have a picopsu 150XT, and a 450W 12v psu. Way more affordable than HDPlex.

I don't think anyone was expecting or wants certifications; they raise cost.