Production ONE2 DISTRO 400 - A 12V Power distribution board

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Sep 8, 2016
No matter your system power consumption, the One2 big advantage is that it cleans up the 12V current it receives from your PSU.

Sure it is, but my goal is to achieve this without so much space "wasted" in power conversion/rectification/delivering.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Sure it is, but my goal is to achieve this without so much space "wasted" in power conversion/rectification/delivering.

There is no conversion, nor rectification.

If there is no plugin board, all of the circuitry will end up being on the distro board itself. Whether it is off the board, or on the board, the circuitry is essentially the same.

However, if you use a plug in dc board, you save significant board space. You have 22 less wires. The circuitry is above the atx 24pin slot, further saving space.

Reactions: InfernoZeus

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Sep 8, 2016
There is no conversion, nor rectification.

If there's any modification in the electric tension, surely there will be conversion.

If there's a circuit that converts 12.11v into 12.01v (to reduce ripple and over current), there is, without doubt, power conversion. All in all, if there's "power cleaning", then there's power conversion.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
If there's any modification in the electric tension, surely there will be conversion.

If there's a circuit that converts 12.11v into 12.01v (to reduce ripple and over current), there is, without doubt, power conversion. All in all, if there's "power cleaning", then there's power conversion.

That is certainly not what anyone would call power conversion. The term is filter, or ripple suppression.

The purpose of this board specifically is to filter the power so you can use a variety of AC-DC psu.

Of course, neither of these things really have anything with 24 pin.

If you want the least amount of extra circuitry, you can just hook the gpu up straight to the AC-DC unit, and run a pico for your 24 pin.

You don't see it below, but this build I had the gpu hooked up straight to the AC-DC

0xdec

Efficiency Noob
New User
Sep 5, 2016
Looks great, put me down as interested. I was going to spin my own board to reduce the meanwell's output ripple but I'd rather just buy something.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Those prototypes look good. You could probably move a couple more Meanwell units if people buy them :p Will the final version come with holes as screw on mounting points?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Those prototypes look good. You could probably move a couple more Meanwell units if people buy them :p Will the final version come with holes as screw on mounting points?

I am quite excited for them. Yes, though not final, the mounting points are currently 4 M3 holes, in 40mm x 20mm pattern.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Oh yes, I see them in the middle now. I didn't notice there were holes at first since they are so small.

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
FWIW I'm interested in this as well :) I'd really like a 12v PSU solution and I can't quite fit a SFX PSU in the space I want. Guryhwa doesn't have an internal PSU he can sell me (yet), and HDPlex solutions seem to involve a lot more cables.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
FWIW I'm interested in this as well :) I'd really like a 12v PSU solution and I can't quite fit a SFX PSU in the space I want. Guryhwa doesn't have an internal PSU he can sell me (yet), and HDPlex solutions seem to involve a lot more cables.

It'll be worth reassuring me I won't lose money on a big order and then no one buys it!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Here's how it would look wired up. Still waiting on the WAGO connectors. I will be receiving prototypes in about 3-4 weeks.

Pretty cute right? :D

I will be releasing the first 50 run as the founder's edition, for those who live on the forefront of small. After that, I will make some changes to the board as I get input from the first round of customer.

I updated the first post to reflect the correct specs.

Last edited:

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
It looks very nice :D

I've ordered a Meanwell RPS-400-12-C, I'm going to be doing some careful reading of your 12v guide. How does the Pico PSU you intend to include with the kit compare to the PicoPSU-160-XT? I have one of those in use but I just may snag it to use with this project :)

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
It looks very nice :D

I've ordered a Meanwell RPS-400-12-C, I'm going to be doing some careful reading of your 12v guide. How does the Pico PSU you intend to include with the kit compare to the PicoPSU-160-XT? I have one of those in use but I just may snag it to use with this project :)

The plug in dc board in the kit is really mainly used for the 24 pin, but it's about.. 150XT level in performance. I can't sell those direct yet since mini-box owns a patent that blocks the sale of those units in USA.

12V is the best! Good luck. Feel free to ask questions.

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
I can't sell those direct yet since mini-box owns a patent that blocks the sale of those units in USA.
Really?? Man I didn't know that. I guess that explains why there seems to be no development on direct plug DC units in the US and why most of them are sold in China!

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
No more 24 PSU cables to custom sleeve? o_O
No more terminals to crimp because of the Wago connectors? o_O
Come on @Thehack, where is the fun at then? XD j/k

Nice find with these Wago connectors btw!

The purpose of this board specifically is to filter the power so you can use a variety of AC-DC psu.
If you want the least amount of extra circuitry, you can just hook the gpu up straight to the AC-DC unit, and run a pico for your 24 pin.
You don't see it below, but this build I had the gpu hooked up straight to the AC-DC
Will any 12V AC-DC PSU benefit from being attached to the One2 or are some PSUs, like the one in your build, good enough with a low amount of ripples so that they can be attached directly to GPUs, HDDs or fans?

Reactions: InfernoZeus

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
No more 24 PSU cables to custom sleeve? o_O
No more terminals to crimp because of the Wago connectors? o_O
Come on @Thehack, where is the fun at then? XD j/k

Nice find with these Wago connectors btw!

Will any 12V AC-DC PSU benefit from being attached to the One2 or are some PSUs, like the one in your build, good enough with a low amount of ripples so that they can be attached directly to GPUs, HDDs or fans?

I would say any AC-DC would work well with this since it allows you trigger the 12V output to only when the pc is on.