Production ONE2 DISTRO 400 - A 12V Power distribution board

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I am using WAGO type industrial terminals to make it easy for 12 custom PSU builds

Render courtsey of @aquelito

Prototype production soon.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
When will the samples available and at what price?)

I'll be getting a prototypes in about 3-4 weeks. I'm not sure on exact pricing yet, but it'd be some where for $50-100 for a sample kit. It'll also include a 24 pin plug-in dc board. Note, this would be just a few extras from a prototype run.

I won't know exact pricing until I finalize the design and go for a small production run. Also, I still have work to do on the plug in dc board, since they'll be available together. Production version is like 3-4 months away, late 2018.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Sep 8, 2016
if i could sugest you one feature for that PSU (that i want to purchase for myself) is the voltage terminal's layout.

Most of the non-direct plug PSUs we usually see here on the forum have that said voltage terminal's layout in such a way it's never possible to use simple/standard cable extenders to connect the PSU to the mobo and expansion cards.

With that in mind, the amount of work and care to do custom cables for a PSU with such feature would be incredibly reduced, setting us free to focus on others aspects of the PC, as a whole.

So, here's my humble suggestion: mirroring the mobo's voltage input layout, like this:

I understand it could be not feasible or a hardly/costly option, but it is something, IMHO, that adds value to the product and eases the life of low skilled guys like a few of us (me included).

Reactions: Beardedswede

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
if i could sugest you one feature for that PSU (that i want to purchase for myself) is the voltage terminal's layout.

Most of the non-direct plug PSUs we usually see here on the forum have that said voltage terminal's layout in such a way it's never possible to use simple/standard cable extenders to connect the PSU to the mobo and expansion cards.

With that in mind, the amount of work and care to do custom cables for a PSU with such feature would be incredibly reduced, setting us free to focus on others aspects of the PC, as a whole.

So, here's my humble suggestion: mirroring the mobo's voltage input layout, like this:

I understand it could be not feasible or a hardly/costly option, but it is something, IMHO, that adds value to the product and eases the life of low skilled guys like a few of us (me included).

The pinouts are not 24 pin atx. This board is designed to work with plug in dc boards and only that.

This also makes it simpler for those who want shorter cables, since you can just shorten the 2 wires to plug in dc board.

Reactions: InfernoZeus

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Sep 8, 2016
The pinouts are not 24 pin atx. This board is designed to work with plug in dc boards and only that.

This also makes it simpler for those who want shorter cables, since you can just shorten the 2 wires to plug in dc board.
:(

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
@cleveland : stop me if I am wrong but I think you mix up two things.

The One2 board function is to clean and distribute 12V current. There is no 24-Pin connector.

You'll still need a PicoPSU to power your system. This PicoPSU will be powered by the One2 board.
Very much like KMPKT Dynamo but with 12V (which means smaller boards).

Luckily for us, a direct-plug 24-Pin DC board (like a PicoPSU) will be included with the One2 board.
Just look few posts above :)

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Sep 8, 2016
@cleveland : stop me if I am wrong but I think you mix up two things.

The One2 board function is to clean and distribute 12V current. There is no 24-Pin connector.

You'll still need a PicoPSU to power your system. This PicoPSU will be powered by the One2 board.
Very much like KMPKT Dynamo but with 12V (which means smaller boards).

Luckily for us, a direct-plug 24-Pin DC board (like a PicoPSU) will be included with the One2 board.
Just look few posts above :)

Yeah, i misunderstood the purpose of the board. :(

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
@cleveland : your PSU scheme would be like this :

Xbox 12V PSU > One2 board > PicoPSU

The One2 board will simply distribute a clean 12V current coming from your AC-DC PSU to your PicoPSU, 8-Pin CPU and GPU.

If you need some more info, do not hesitate to ask.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
No matter your system power consumption, the One2 big advantage is that it cleans up the 12V current it receives from your PSU.

Whatever PSU you're using, the goal is to get a clean current from the One2 (ripple < 120 mV) to power your system - through a Pico style plugin - and 12V components (namely GPUs and fans).

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 3, 2016
Just saw this thread and the fact that I was tagged.... I would definitely be interested! I still have my two Xbox PSUs that I could test with or I can find some lower power Meanwell units that would take up less space. Will certainly be following the progress @Thehack !

Reactions: Thehack