Stalled Modivio xCase - customizable console-style case

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Does anyone know how much room there would be between the motherboard and the other end of the case? Like, say I didn’t install a gpu, how much room would there be between the end of the motherboard and the other side?

There is approx. 156mm between the edge of the motherboard and the inside surface of the case. The space for the case fans is accounted inside that distance so if you'd be planning to use them, 146mm would be available.

would you produce filters slots on one side of the case?

I was looking for an elegant solution to attach dust filters to the side panels so many times I couldn't count them :p Do you have any particular solution in mind?

Reactions: Scrivyyy

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
I would be very happy, but possibly out of the scope of this project, if there was a version of the xcase-m where the gpu / mb would be in stacked compartments, (gpu bottom compartment, fan down. mb top compartment facing up.) I would very much prefer a smaller footprint, even if it meant 2x the height.

The idea would be useful for sfx power too, because it's width can now span the height of the case.

Alternatively: Two shortened (width wise) xcase-m's - one for mb, one for gpu. We just screw them together in the middle. Would make attaching the MB tray easier as well.

Last edited:

gizmotist

What's an ITX?
Apr 12, 2018
I'm interested in buying the xCase LE, but was wondering if there was a way I could get the top to be clear acrylic. Either if you are able to provide an option or all of the dimensions of the top panel would be awesome.

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
I would be very happy, but possibly out of the scope of this project, if there was a version of the xcase-m where the gpu / mb would be in stacked compartments, (gpu bottom compartment, fan down. mb top compartment facing up.) I would very much prefer a smaller footprint, even if it meant 2x the height.

The idea would be useful for sfx power too, because it's width can now span the height of the case.

Alternatively: Two shortened (width wise) xcase-m's - one for mb, one for gpu. We just screw them together in the middle. Would make attaching the MB tray easier as well.

That layout sounds great. We'll definitelly consider making it our next project.

I'm interested in buying the xCase LE, but was wondering if there was a way I could get the top to be clear acrylic. Either if you are able to provide an option or all of the dimensions of the top panel would be awesome.

No problem, we can do it at no additional cost. Clear acrylic panels look amazing. Please leave a comment at checkout or send me a message after placing an order and we'll make it happen.

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017

What kind of cables are these? I'd like to either make or source my own. Also, have you thought about using sheet aluminum to finish the cases? Could be a great with some alumnium wrapped around the case :). Just ideas.

Reactions: Matt3D

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Guys we made the page showing most important features of the case, bezel colors comparison, the list of what's included with each version and many more usefull stuff. It can be found here:

http://modivio.com/features/

Everyone who would be interested in getting project updates, information about product releases, discounts etc. is welcome to sign to our newsletter on the bottom of the front page. You can also like our facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Modivio-857649417756346/

What kind of cables are these? I'd like to either make or source my own. Also, have you thought about using sheet aluminum to finish the cases? Could be a great with some alumnium wrapped around the case :). Just ideas.

I got those cables with power supply from G-Unique :)

Could you(or someone) post, or link, a picture of the LE vs the L case? I'd like to see the size difference if possible.

Take a look at the render below. xCase L is in the center while LE are in the top left and bottom right corners. The only difference is thickness of the case.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Take a look at the render below. xCase L is in the center while LE are in the top left and bottom right corners. The only difference is thickness of the case.

thank you! i did see that, but i wasnt sure which ones were which. i was hoping for more of a side by side comparison(like the 1st image you posted) just to better see the thickness difference. i love my salvo 400 case, but i was thinking og getting something a touch wider(for a larger heatsink) and i think the LE would be perfect, but i dont know for certain, thats why id like a see side by side comparison of bezel thickness. =] i didnt see something like that on your site, however i may have missed it.

thank you!

Reactions: Matt3D

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
thank you! i did see that, but i wasnt sure which ones were which. i was hoping for more of a side by side comparison(like the 1st image you posted) just to better see the thickness difference. i love my salvo 400 case, but i was thinking og getting something a touch wider(for a larger heatsink) and i think the LE would be perfect, but i dont know for certain, thats why id like a see side by side comparison of bezel thickness. =] i didnt see something like that on your site, however i may have missed it.

thank you!

You're right, such comparison couldn't be found on our website but we've just made this :) L on the left and LE on the right.

We can increase or decrease the thickness of the case by a couple of mm upon request.

mtspark

Trash Compacter
Apr 18, 2018
Got my case yesterday and the build quality is amazing. Gpu is facing the same direction, the riser I had bought forever ago doesn't fit cause it's a type D straight. It is a 200mm and would fit fine if not for it being a straight plug. So do I need a 300mm type b or will a 200mm type b fit? Asking cause the difference in price and shipping time.

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Got my case yesterday and the build quality is amazing. Gpu is facing the same direction, the riser I had bought forever ago doesn't fit cause it's a type D straight. It is a 200mm and would fit fine if not for it being a straight plug. So do I need a 300mm type b or will a 200mm type b fit? Asking cause the difference in price and shipping time.

I'd advise getting 300mm type B riser from Lian-Li. WIth some sharp bends 250mm should work as well but 200mm won't be enough. If SSD's and their bracket wouldn't be mounted type A 250mm would be another option.

mtspark

Trash Compacter
Apr 18, 2018
Thanks for the info, just waiting on a g-unique psu then. Do you know of a 60mm fan with pwm? The 3 pin one I have is so loud.

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
First congratulation for a really awesome project!
I really like this SFF boom.
I mainly build hackintosh and I like these many new opportunities.
A question since building PCs is a many factors composition, would a SFX PSU fit into the xCase SE WITHOUT a dedicated video card (as configurations can vary)?
In such a case is there a way to close the hole the missing Video Card leaves?

Thanks for your help!
Luca

spinDr

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 7, 2017
Love the case!

On the LE version, I was wondering if you had considered the graphics card oriented the same as the motherboard, but also at the same height as the motherboard - possibly leaving room for an Accellero III gpu cooler?

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Thanks for the info, just waiting on a g-unique psu then. Do you know of a 60mm fan with pwm? The 3 pin one I have is so loud.

These fans have some of the lowest RPM in 60x10mm fans category. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6..._Fan_126010DL.html?tl=g33c165s354&id=EsQC9zGs

Love the case!

On the LE version, I was wondering if you had considered the graphics card oriented the same as the motherboard, but also at the same height as the motherboard - possibly leaving room for an Accellero III gpu cooler?

That's actually a really great idea. There is enough room in LE version to move the graphics card closer to the SSD bracket and make enough space to fit Accelero Xtreme III.

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
xCase LE = Will it fit an NZXT x42? Or should I use a cooler with slim pumps?

Radiator of NZXT x42 is slightly bigger than the radiators which xCase LE usually supports - 140mm versus 120mm. But extending the length of the case from 360mm to 370mm and width from 330mm to 350mm would solve the problem.