Kimera Industries Project Nova: 17 liters of 5-slot mATX goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Should fit on the bottom but it'll limit you to one card, maybe on the front but it'll be a really tight fit and you'll be limited to short cards.

The Predator is stupid big so I don't really recommend it for this case.

Isomer

Trash Compacter
Feb 10, 2016
Should fit on the bottom but it'll limit you to one card, maybe on the front but it'll be a really tight fit and you'll be limited to short cards.

The Predator is stupid big so I don't really recommend it for this case.

If it fits, it sits. Can't wait until tomorrow. :)

Isomer

Trash Compacter
Feb 10, 2016
Ok, but don't say I didn't warn you.

What kind of build are you thinking of though?

I know the Predator is a PITA. I had to perform case surgery to fit it into my huge Corsair 350D, but in the end it was worth the effort.

I'm thinking of using the predator as the rad+pump combo to, ironically, save space and aesthetics in a single gpu build.

jsco

Average Stuffer
Feb 2, 2016
I'm thinking of using the predator as the rad+pump combo to, ironically, save space and aesthetics in a single gpu build.

have you considered using the fractal design kelvin s24 instead? it has a copper radiator and block, made to be expandable, the pump is built into the cpu block, and the radiator is a standard 30mm thick 240. pretty ideal when space is at a premium.

Reactions: Horstprott

Isomer

Trash Compacter
Feb 10, 2016
have you considered using the fractal design kelvin s24 instead? it has a copper radiator and block, made to be expandable, the pump is built into the cpu block, and the radiator is a standard 30mm thick 240. pretty ideal when space is at a premium.

I already own the Predator, so no, I will not be considering something else.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It's the 11th of February 9am here, WHERE'S MY CASE ?! Smeagol wants it ! The PRECIOUS !
I have a day off so I can spam this topic all day !

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
That name came up before...

In Greek mythology, Cerberus (/ˈsɜːrbərəs/;[2] Greek: Κέρβερος Kerberos [ˈkerberos]), often called the "hound of Hades", is a monstrous multi-headed dog, who guards the gates of the underworld, preventing the dead from leaving.

It sounds like they've done a Fractal and made the Nova into a triple-Nova, 17 * 3 = 51L yay triple 360mm radiators !! I hope this has windows on all panels and RGB lighting !

Or maybe dust resembles "the dead" and dust filters represent the "gates", so maybe it has three dust filters ?

I would be terrible at naming cases, my cases would just be called BOX01, BOX02, ...

Syber_Tv

Efficiency Noob
Feb 9, 2016
I haven't been this excited for a piece of PC hardware in a really long time. This case is seriously going to be a big gamechanger as to how we see SFF PC's and their evolution out of "itx" type formfactors where you only have one PCIE slot.

Bitsnpieces

What's an ITX?
Feb 10, 2016
I'm hoping the price range will be round $150. Really looking forward to purchasing one of these for my next PC build.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Yeah it's like their not even trying. It's 12am here in a few minutes, I have to have lunch, not knowing if the case will be named after a Greek mythical creature or Bratwurst.

Gnrl Kitty

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2015

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.