Production J-HACK PURE X - 4.3L LP GPU chassis with FLEX support

JSItems

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks for giving your thoughts! It seems like there may just be enough demand to do a small batch of these things.

Also welcome to the forums. Hope you stay awhile!

FYI I'm also potentially interested as I am looking to move toward an LP case with an internal PSU. Really want to see if the 1650 comes out in LP form factor first, but I'll be keeping tabs on this thread for sure.

Reactions: vanbeveren

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The Pure chassis is 3L. It is impossible to get smaller than 3.2L while using a dual slot gpu and itx motherboard. This is just due to size of components

It's quite hard for me to design a sandwich style case. I'm big on the details. For example, the screws on the ZS or K39 lack symmetry and their closeness throws off the design. I prefer a screwless front panel.

Custommod and other designs are very functional and probably fairly easy to produce. It is just my standards are design and quality is a bit higher. The K39 example I have skimps out on painting the interior parts.

Other ideas I have:

• Pure X2, supports external gpu that you can disconnect.
  • Pure Slim 4L slim line version with gpu support.
  • 5L 400W internal gpu chassis, with modular side panels
Oh man, if you do the Pure Slim I can add a LP quadro to my small Workstation!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Would the 400W custom PSU be compatible with the Pure XL?

Yes. I'm not getting this case out as quickly because I'm waiting on some custom pcb stuff for the 400W PSU.

Oh man, if you do the Pure Slim I can add a LP quadro to my small Workstation!

Yes. Pure Slim planned for late 2019 or early 2020.

It would be a good quality case at a good price point. I have not decided on final layout yet. If I face the gpu fan same direction as cpu, it'd cost more in riser but can be placed flat.

• Love
Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Yes. I'm not getting this case out as quickly because I'm waiting on some custom pcb stuff for the 400W PSU.

It would be a good quality case at a good price point. I have not decided on final layout yet. If I face the gpu fan same direction as cpu, it'd cost more in riser but can be placed flat.
Well, depends on the size and the support you want to give:

Dual or single slot,
LP or also ITX, dual or single slot,
Cpu cooler height

I was thinking to this all these days.

You can even just have a vertical single slot cutout and mounting mounting point for a riser

The riser will be optional and from PCIe x16 to PCIx16 or PCIx4 to PCI x16

OR support for x8/x8 bifurcation!

My dream will be a thin ITX with vertical single slot mount, sandwich or not. You can have almost the same size of the Pure!

Just a lot of suggestion! But you know better than me what you want!

Last edited:

nextpc

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2016

Would the Pure slim be a sandwich style case? I was hoping you might have some ideas about a sandwich style case similar to the Pure in size but just slightly larger. Like 3.5L

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Well, depends on the size and the support you want to give:

Dual or single slot,
LP or also ITX, dual or single slot,
Cpu cooler height

I was thinking to this all these days.

You can even just have a vertical single slot cutout and mounting mounting point for a riser

The riser will be optional and from PCIe x16 to PCIx16 or PCIx4 to PCI x16

OR support for x8/x8 bifurcation!

My dream will be a thin ITX with vertical single slot mount, sandwich or not. You can have almost the same size of the Pure!

Just a lot of suggestion! But you know better than me what you want!

The PURE series are designed to be simple and reasonable in price/features. It'll be Dual Slot, and at least 47mm CPU cooler clearance.

Lol, thin and single slot is... very rare. Have you seen Windfall's work with thin ITX? it's kind of his thing and he made a cool acrylic/3d one.

Would the Pure slim be a sandwich style case? I was hoping you might have some ideas about a sandwich style case similar to the Pure in size but just slightly larger. Like 3.5L

No. Pure Slim is console style. Like a smaller version of the S4 Mini that's easier/cheaper to produce.

Sandwich style is already designed in my head. Late 2019 is when I'll work on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinoPecorino

nextpc

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2016
The PURE series are designed to be simple and reasonable in price/features. It'll be Dual Slot, and at least 47mm CPU cooler clearance.

Lol, thin and single slot is... very rare. Have you seen Windfall's work with thin ITX? it's kind of his thing and he made a cool acrylic/3d one.

No. Pure Slim is console style. Like a smaller version of the S4 Mini that's easier/cheaper to produce.

Sandwich style is already designed in my head. Late 2019 is when I'll work on it.
Cool.
That's a long ways away. But i think it will be worth the wait :)
I really like your style of case and the products and services you offer. I mean the entire package is really well put together for the consumer.
I'm liking the minimalist design without being too bland like a box. And really well balanced with the pricing as well. Good work btw. I have the pure and I'm totally happy with the case.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Aaaaahhh, I see your point and agree! I was not thinking about the console-style: it's easier and gives us a different option!
Thanks a lot!

akromatic

Minimal Tinkerer
May 1, 2019
any chance for a version without the flex PSU part? something with a 160xt/ hdplex 160w pico in mind rather then a flex PSU for a smaller build

Reactions: vanbeveren

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Aside from the L5, lazer3d also makes a low profile case.

Internal PSU is all the rage now. The Pure case, most people are building with an internal PSU.

Reactions: annasoh323

akromatic

Minimal Tinkerer
May 1, 2019
the lone L5 isnt as minimal as im looking for. basically i want something no larger then the itx mobo and the LP dual slot GPU. passive intake and at most perhaps a blower style exhaust using underutilized space after factoring front IO.

i get internal PSU being all rage but it does add to box size. i guess i can fit a power brick there instead of a noisy flex PSU

vanbeveren

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 21, 2019
the lone L5 isnt as minimal as im looking for. basically i want something no larger then the itx mobo and the LP dual slot GPU. passive intake and at most perhaps a blower style exhaust using underutilized space after factoring front IO.

i get internal PSU being all rage but it does add to box size. i guess i can fit a power brick there instead of a noisy flex PSU

I guess I don't understand what's not minimal enough about the L5 based upon what you're asking for inside.

Do you mean the height?
That's needed for the LP GPU in an orientation that doesn't require a riser.

What would you change about the L5 to make it more to your liking?

Reactions: fabio

eeph

Cable Smoosher
Apr 13, 2019

Hiya! Any recent updates?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hiya! Any recent updates?

Looking at some feasibility work, I'm shelving J-HACK 400W AC-DC support. Expected PSU support is Flex ATX and MW RPS-200

Current expected size is 4.2L.

Specs as follows:

72mm CPU cooler support
Dual Slot Low Profile GPU
Up to DTX motherboard
2X 80mm fans (with shroud removal for dual slots)