Production J-HACK PURE X - 4.3L LP GPU chassis with FLEX support

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Thanks for posting that here. Now that I think of it, it's sort of mind boggling that no one (that I know of) made a case of this layout for budget/OEM/integrated cases over the years. It seems like a very useful form factor with the LP graphics card and FlexATX being roughly the same dimension. Also gives space for any boxed CPU cooler.

Any pictures using a Meanwell AC/DC instead of the flex?

Reactions: annasoh323

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Thanks for posting that here. Now that I think of it, it's sort of mind boggling that no one (that I know of) made a case of this layout for budget/OEM/integrated cases over the years. It seems like a very useful form factor with the LP graphics card and FlexATX being roughly the same dimension. Also gives space for any boxed CPU cooler.

Any pictures using a Meanwell AC/DC instead of the flex?

Likely because for oem small microatx boards are cheaper.

For the enthusiasts, there is just more demand for premium and large gpu cases as you can tell by the number of projects.

I'll be doing a full suite of photos when I get the painted units back. It's at painting this and next week. Powder coated of course.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hey guys.

Been busy with lots of things. This batch came pretty good. There's a few finishes here and there that can be improved which I will work on in future batches.

So I'd like to make a statement of the future of J-HACK (and her projects).

1. There will be quite a bit of reinvestment into more projects as sales are made. So I thank you for all your support.

2. I will be producing future cases in USA. There will be a small price premium compared to other products available on the market but I think it's a worthwhile trade-off.

3. I will not crowd-fund. All the products are 100% self-funded. This means there is a big risk to me, but at the same time I cannot drive prices down by producing large batches. This keeps the shipments honest and 100% transparent. The products are available when you order them.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Hey guys.

Been busy with lots of things. This batch came pretty good. There's a few finishes here and there that can be improved which I will work on in future batches.

So I'd like to make a statement of the future of J-HACK (and her projects).

1. There will be quite a bit of reinvestment into more projects as sales are made. So I thank you for all your support.

2. I will be producing future cases in USA. There will be a small price premium compared to other products available on the market but I think it's a worthwhile trade-off.

3. I will not crowd-fund. All the products are 100% self-funded. This means there is a big risk to me, but at the same time I cannot drive prices down by producing large batches. This keeps the shipments honest and 100% transparent. The products are available when you order them.
I see you have a product page and prices up on your store. Does it come with a power button or is that additional?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Has anyone actually seen a LP 1650 in the wild? I can't find anywhere to order one.
The zotac one is the only one out so far. Hard to find in the USA but occasionally in stock direct from zotac.

Msi and Asus have both announced one, but no release date yet.

eeph

Cable Smoosher
Apr 13, 2019
The zotac one is the only one out so far. Hard to find in the USA but occasionally in stock direct from zotac.

Msi and Asus have both announced one, but no release date yet.
Cheers, that's what I was seeing too. Hoping one of them has a zero RPM mode but I'm not holding my breath.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

Includes location for 2x 80mm fans. For the MSI, seems like you can use 20mm width fans. You do need slightly longer fan screws as one of the location hits a nut insert.

MSI uses a stupid GPU bracket that goes the opposite direction, so I will have to design a 3D printed IO bracket for it to fit. Sigh*