Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Bronze Supporter
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
That wasn't my main question
If the GPU area is not in use can you fit a PSU?
Sorry I wasn't clear.

The Pure Mk2 is designed for a PSU from the getgo.
I recommend the mentioned AC/DC and DC-DC because that is what will work and fit inside the case for sure..

ikara

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2020
I sent out the unpainted sample after take a few pictures, so unfortunately I don't have an unpainted version anymore.

I think the black version should be back in late November, once I get around to shipping all the pre-orders. But, time-line is very fluid and it is easy to get hit with delays.
Thanks for the information. Will you let us from here when it's available? Also, is it certain that there will absolutely be the black version? If so I'll definitely wait for the black version.

I don't recommend HDPLEX, as their DC-ATX unit has a large heatsink which may cause fitment issues.

I recommend Meanwel RPS + J-Hack Plugin 200X or the PicoPSU 160XT.
Are you referring to this kit by J-Hack Plugin 200X?
I want to buy the black version of this gorgeous case along with the Meanwel RPS + J-Hack Plugin 200X and all the necessary cables for my apu build. All at once.
Just waiting for case and Meanwell, etc. to be available.

MrSocksFox

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 28, 2020
I'm new to the DC-ATX landscape, and after mostly catching up to speed by reading some old posts, I have a few questions:

1) For an APU setup (with a CPU at 65W or less), is there any disadvantage to using the Meanwell RPS-120-12-C instead of the RPS-200-12-C to reduce costs a bit? It seems like the CPU + MB + a few fans would fit well under 120W, but would losses in DC-DC conversion (or any other factors) make this a little too tight?

2) The J-Hack website is unclear on when the PLUGin 160 or PLUGin 200X will be available, and in general, it's not clear what is discontinued vs. temporarily out of stock. Will the PLUGin models and connectors all be in stock before the Pure Mk2 is available? (If not, presumably it would be faster to order a Mini-Box picoPSU-150-XT separately.)

Thehack, thanks for all of the great answers in these forum threads. They have been very informative.

Reactions: HiIamnew123

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Bronze Supporter
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I'm new to the DC-ATX landscape, and after mostly catching up to speed by reading some old posts, I have a few questions:

1) For an APU setup (with a CPU at 65W or less), is there any disadvantage to using the Meanwell RPS-120-12-C instead of the RPS-200-12-C to reduce costs a bit? It seems like the CPU + MB + a few fans would fit well under 120W, but would losses in DC-DC conversion (or any other factors) make this a little too tight?

2) The J-Hack website is unclear on when the PLUGin 160 or PLUGin 200X will be available, and in general, it's not clear what is discontinued vs. temporarily out of stock. Will the PLUGin models and connectors all be in stock before the Pure Mk2 is available? (If not, presumably it would be faster to order a Mini-Box picoPSU-150-XT separately.)

Thehack, thanks for all of the great answers in these forum threads. They have been very informative.
If you run a 65W APU, then the RPS-120-12-C will work well for the purpose. The 160 is discontinued, and replaced by the 200X. If you need a slightly more budget option, the 150XT + RPS-120-12-C is a good combo.

Reactions: KevinSiebert