Production Gemcase C9 4.4L - density and сoolness - 4060 LP and HDPLEX

What's stopping you more from preordering?

• Production time

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Advance payment

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Price

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Design

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Shipping from Ukraine

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Ready to preorder!!!

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

GEMCASES

Average Stuffer
Original poster
GEMCASES
Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2023
We can add support for a 250W hdplex, not for 500W, HDPLEX PSU installation will require an adapter plate.
We just need collect some requests and this feature will be added.
For example 5 likes on this post:)
Guys thanks very much for voting!
Officially starting from today Gemcase C9 supports HDPLEX 250W.
We need a few days to show how it’s looks like:)

Tallgeese

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2017
Thanks for the info Gemcases. I saw in your other thread you might have an option for a custom case? Is that true? If so is it a modified existing case, or are you possibly able to a one off?

I have a specific dumb design I'd love to attempt but don't have the expertise to make it happen.

GEMCASES

Average Stuffer
Original poster
GEMCASES
Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2023
Thanks for the info Gemcases. I saw in your other thread you might have an option for a custom case? Is that true? If so is it a modified existing case, or are you possibly able to a one off?

I have a specific dumb design I'd love to attempt but don't have the expertise to make it happen.
Yes, we can. We can dicsuss it further in discord for example.
Depending on the design exclusivity, this may cost you significantly more.

GEMCASES

Average Stuffer
Original poster
GEMCASES
Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2023
As promised, HDPLEX 250W support in picture
Please take part in the voting on the first page.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaK and minimize

GEMCASES

Average Stuffer
Original poster
GEMCASES
Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2023
I've been trying for 15 minutes. Link doesn't work, trying to add "Gemcases" as a friend doesn't find anyone. Hmmmm
Sorry, just checked the link doesn't work, replaced with our nickname: gemcases . Checked from another account this works. Pm-ed you at forum, trying to add you by your nick here. Thanks for waiting.

Tallgeese

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2017
A few more questions about this case. Obviously you have a 4060 low profile; how loud is that card? (I'm trying to make a semi quite 1080p build). How sturdy is this case? I plan to be moving it likely once a week

Reactions: GEMCASES

GEMCASES

Average Stuffer
Original poster
GEMCASES
Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2023
A few more questions about this case. Obviously you have a 4060 low profile; how loud is that card? (I'm trying to make a semi quite 1080p build). How sturdy is this case? I plan to be moving it likely once a week
To our common regret, GPU was provided by a partner store and we did not have time to thoroughly check it, also searched this information in the internet but without success.
Case is sturdy, maded of steel and stainless steel, having a spine joining all flanges, even without PC parts case stand-alone feels like solid block, so frequent moves will be easy. Also wood front made of a manufacturing hard wood coated with oil that wear out evenly over time.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
I’d be keen to preorder with 250W HDPlex support. Will need shipping to Melbourne, Australia.

We might need to check if your delivery partner will allow importing wooden products to Australia due to our strict customs. I’ve been stung by that before

GEMCASES

Average Stuffer
Original poster
GEMCASES
Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2023
I’d be keen to preorder with 250W HDPlex support. Will need shipping to Melbourne, Australia.

We might need to check if your delivery partner will allow importing wooden products to Australia due to our strict customs. I’ve been stung by that before
Thank you, nice to hear it. I will find out details and let you know.

GEMCASES

Average Stuffer
Original poster
GEMCASES
Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2023
How do the top fans attach to the frame/case? is it just the outer 2 screws that are screwed in?
Top fans attached via all 4 screws, the middle ones attached through a metal joint that connects both fans, thus achieving high joint strength.

cecrea

Case Bender
New User
Oct 10, 2023
Hi there !

Considering the cpu clearance, I guess the pick for cpu cooling is the Noctua NH-L9 ?

I'm assuming we have to stay around 65W TDP's cpu.. Maybe a i5-13400F is a sweet spot ? (didnt investigated for amd's)
Considering the two extra fans now in such a small form factor, these would improve a lot on overall temps..

Other thoughts, as the cpu cooler looks like close to one edge of the case, I saw noctua making those foam pad called NA-FD1 wich could cut ~3 degrees more

In other words, what could be the most powerful cpu we can fit in this amazing case ? (hope amd have some contenders)

GEMCASES

Average Stuffer
Original poster
GEMCASES
Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2023
Hi there !

Considering the cpu clearance, I guess the pick for cpu cooling is the Noctua NH-L9 ?

I'm assuming we have to stay around 65W TDP's cpu.. Maybe a i5-13400F is a sweet spot ? (didnt investigated for amd's)
Considering the two extra fans now in such a small form factor, these would improve a lot on overall temps..

Other thoughts, as the cpu cooler looks like close to one edge of the case, I saw noctua making those foam pad called NA-FD1 wich could cut ~3 degrees more

In other words, what could be the most powerful cpu we can fit in this amazing case ? (hope amd have some contenders)
Yes, this cooler will be the optimal one.
We have i3-13100 with little down voltage and unlocked tdp, thus decreased heat but slightly improved performance.
Under cpu burner i3-13100 easily stays cool (70C) with slight fan noise(completely not disturbing).
You also can consider i5-12400(500,600) they have less power peak performance and easier to cool.
I think that i5-13400 with its 148W peak will be upper limit for cool and quiet config.
About foam pads I saw users reported in decreased temperature so why not, but first you can check this using available home tools

cecrea

Case Bender
New User
Oct 10, 2023
Yes, this cooler will be the optimal one.
We have i3-13100 with little down voltage and unlocked tdp, thus decreased heat but slightly improved performance.
Under cpu burner i3-13100 easily stays cool (70C) with slight fan noise(completely not disturbing).
You also can consider i5-12400(500,600) they have less power peak performance and easier to cool.
I think that i5-13400 with its 148W peak will be upper limit for cool and quiet config.
About foam pads I saw users reported in decreased temperature so why not, but first you can check this using available home tools
How much maximum watts you manage to hit staying in a quiet and cool config ? 100w ? 120 w ?