Concept Y-Case 9-11L, Console Style Case with Custom Water Cooling

Andrew

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
May 25, 2019
Hey guys, I'm designing a custom case to finally be free of my ROG G20. The goal is to be able to use full size graphics cards in a console style form factor while water-cooling the CPU. I currently have 2 layouts which use a Flex-ATX PSU (Im gonna make some SFX PSU designs too) and thought I'd ask what people thought about them. When the design is complete I'll have it made at a local sheet metal shop, or if I can't decide on one design I might make a few of the designs and test which gives the best temps / noise.

Here are the first two layouts I have come up with and some thoughts:

The only other layout I think could work is swapping the PSU with the Res/Pump in the Vertical layout and flipping the radiator over. I'm also gonna make up some designs that use a regular SFX formfactor PSU. Anyways I'm eager to here any suggestions about the design since it would be my first custom case. :)

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
I would rather use alphacool eisbaer solo or swiftech apogee drive II than bay pump res combo in terms of space saving,

Andrew

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
May 25, 2019
I would rather use alphacool eisbaer solo or swiftech apogee drive II than bay pump res combo in terms of space saving,
I use the bay combo because its only 150x100x45 mm, other reservoirs all seem to be heightx100x100mm which takes up a ton of space in the height dimension for the case

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
I use the bay combo because its only 150x100x45 mm, other reservoirs all seem to be heightx100x100mm which takes up a ton of space in the height dimension for the case

I see, Alphacool Eisbaer LT could one of the option,, keep update your project,, would love to see this