Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Yeah I'm watching the same play by play from the Hungarian post office.

That's a sentence I never expected I'd be writing. :D

Magz

Chassis Packer
Jun 29, 2019
Experiencing a slight problem and can’t figure it out.

I removed my existing build from my Dancase A4 (which has been running for a few months) and moved it over to my new case just to visualise the new build before slapping waterblocks on to the CPU & GPU. Tried to boot it up and it switches on, fans run and full speed and then it just restarts. This basically carries on endlessly - can’t even see the boot up screen.

So I removed everything from the case and just connected stuff outside the case to see if there’s a problem and it works perfectly fine. Back in the new case and same problem again. I tried looking for any bits touching the motherboard but can’t see anything. Anyone got any ideas?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com

I removed my existing build from my Dancase A4 (which has been running for a few months) and moved it over to my new case just to visualise the new build before slapping waterblocks on to the CPU & GPU. Tried to boot it up and it switches on, fans run and full speed and then it just restarts. This basically carries on endlessly - can’t even see the boot up screen.

So I removed everything from the case and just connected stuff outside the case to see if there’s a problem and it works perfectly fine. Back in the new case and same problem again. I tried looking for any bits touching the motherboard but can’t see anything. Anyone got any ideas?
Thats interesting, I never heard anybody about this problem. I think you should try to isolate every standoff screws even in the GPU side with some plastic washers (or anything non conductive) where the components can touch the case, or looking for damaged cables.

Reactions: Magz

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019

Are you using a screwdriver to jump the power pins or are you using the power switch? Try unplugging the power switch on the case and jumping the power pin to turn on the case. If that still doesn't work, take the whole system out of the case, put it on a bench, and test one part at a time until it breaks.

Reactions: Magz

Magz

Chassis Packer
Jun 29, 2019
Are you using a screwdriver to jump the power pins or are you using the power switch? Try unplugging the power switch on the case and jumping the power pin to turn on the case. If that still doesn't work, take the whole system out of the case, put it on a bench, and test one part at a time until it breaks.

Everything works fine together on the bench with no problems.

@diceboii13 I will try and see if the standoffs are causing any issues. That’s the only thing I can think of at the moment. Will report back when I get to it.

Reactions: diceboii13

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
@diceboii13
How tall a GPU can you fit in the Flow? With a double Large Expand if that matters. Some of these new RTX cards are very very tall.

Also - you may want to change the flair of this post from "FUNDING" to something else at this point?

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
@diceboii13
How tall a GPU can you fit in the Flow? With a double Large Expand if that matters. Some of these new RTX cards are very very tall.

Also - you may want to change the flair of this post from "FUNDING" to something else at this point?
isnt the expand for the rads/fans? GPUs are sandwiched IIRC. 3-slot design supports up to 3.5 slot designs so that's about 70mm i think

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
isnt the expand for the rads/fans? GPUs are sandwiched IIRC. 3-slot design supports up to 3.5 slot designs so that's about 70mm i think
Not referring to thickness, referring to height, i.e. the distance from the PCIe connector to the top of the card (where the G1/4 terminal would be on a water block). That's why I didn't want to assume whether the expands matter or not.

222Rn

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 20, 2020
I've just calculated that since recieving the shipping notifiction, walking 11 hours a day I could have made it from where I live to Budapest and back. On foot. How's Your shipping going? I'm still stuck on handover for international transport.

• Haha
Reactions: diceboii13

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
Yep, still no movement here either. USPS has not received it yet, either stuck in customs or waiting to leave Hungary.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
All I know based on the tracking info is that Hungarian post has received the package and is currently en route to me. I don't know which method of transportation they use, but it's probably not air freight (it would already be here otherwise). So it's either coming by road (pretty slow) or by train (very very slow).

Once it has been handled over to my country's postal carriers I usually get more up to date information pretty quickly. For now it's sit and wait mode for me.

TheBigG

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
I don't know which method of transportation they use, but it's probably not air freight (it would already be here otherwise). So it's either coming by road (pretty slow) or by train (very very slow).
My does use air freight. Status is currently "International airport, Handover to destination Post"

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
@diceboii13

The maximum height is 150mm from the bottom of the PCIE port to the top of the case. But worth mentioning the 8pin cable heights.

And yeah the FUNDING is a bit old :)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
As I know shipping is freight, but the hardest part is to leave the country. Before the second spike of the pandemic it goes smoothly, around 1 week worldwide, but now its much slower :( Unfortunatelly we have to accept that at this moment.. They will arrive as every other case.

I gonna change courier inside eu, probably GLS or DPD because those are faster, and cheaper.

ThisIsForBruce

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
Yep, still no movement here either. USPS has not received it yet, either stuck in customs or waiting to leave Hungary.
Customs through USPS is ridiculously slow during the holidays. More so with all of the stuff being done to the Post office in the past few months. Their logistics it getting hammered right now so patience is a virtue. I have a family member that works for USPS in a management position and she said this is their busiest holiday year she can remember, for obvious reasons. Good luck

Reactions: kosta

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
The maximum height is 150mm from the bottom of the PCIE port to the top of the case. But worth mentioning the 8pin cable heights.

And yeah the FUNDING is a bit old :)

Thanks, people should be careful of certain GPU waterblocks then. For example, the FTW3 Hydro Copper from EVGA is 157mm tall, which means it won't fit. So while the case can take ludicrously long GPUs, 150mm height will likely be a challenge for the largest (tallest) PCBs.

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
Thanks, people should be careful of certain GPU waterblocks then. For example, the FTW3 Hydro Copper from EVGA is 157mm tall, which means it won't fit. So while the case can take ludicrously long GPUs, 150mm height will likely be a challenge for the largest (tallest) PCBs.
Yikes! I am on the waiting list for that one, really good to know, will take myself off of it.

P.S. What kind of fittings are people using for their GPUs? What fits well?