Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

o3okevin

Chassis Packer
Oct 14, 2019
16 cases went out, and 7 is still there. Those 7 have to get some replacements. The distros for extra large expands are too tall, so I have to replace them.
Thanks for the update! Sad about the extra large expands, but glad that the QC from you is good to check for them :)

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
For those who have already built with dual rads - how much liquid did you use? This is going to be my first water cooling build and frankly I have no idea how much to get!

Also, what are you all doing about the current GPU situation? Just sitting it out? I might get a cheap temporary card just to be able to test the system until things come back into stock at normal prices. But having to bleed the whole system to be able to install it in just a few months sounds like a major pain in the ass.

Otherwise, everything is coming together nicely! Finding non-RGB RAM with good specs was far more difficult than it should have been. Can't wait to fire it up. Wish I could test if it boots before putting together the entire loop... 😬

TheBigG

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
Also, what are you all doing about the current GPU situation? Just sitting it out? I might get a cheap temporary card just to be able to test the system until things come back into stock at normal prices.
I will sit it out, makes no sense to try to get a card this year if you haven't got one at launch for normal prices.
But having to bleed the whole system to be able to install it in just a few months sounds like a major pain in the ass.
You could use quick disconnects e.g. Koolance QD3

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
what are you all doing about the current GPU situation? Just sitting it out? I might get a cheap temporary card just to be able to test the system until things come back into stock at normal prices. But having to bleed the whole system to be able to install it in just a few months sounds like a major pain in the ass.

I'm currently lurking on the used market, for a 1080Ti or a 2070S, but even those are scarce/expensive atm, really regretting not buying one when people were panic selling after the 3000-series announcement... 😒

I'd rather buy a 6800 or 3070, but no way I'm shelling out over €700 for one.

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
@kosta
I used about 800ml for the first build. When I got my new distro plate I had to bleed the loop and refill. Now I've used about one liter total (including quite some liquid on the ground XD). Probably you are fine with 1l (not water-cooling the GPU right now)

Reactions: kosta

RB73

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 28, 2019
US. The email said that I would get my tracking number soon, but also included a tracking number at the bottom, below the signature. I haven't gotten any other emails since then.

ThisIsForBruce

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
US. The email said that I would get my tracking number soon, but also included a tracking number at the bottom, below the signature. I haven't gotten any other emails since then.
Same thing happened to me until it reached USPS international hub. Then once it made it through customs, updates were per usual.

Reactions: RB73

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
Good to know, thanks @ThisIsForBruce! The hardest part was trying to figure out what the Hungarian ReCaptcha was asking me to select before I realized it's possible to switch to english! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: D10S

ThisIsForBruce

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
Good to know, thanks @ThisIsForBruce! The hardest part was trying to figure out what the Hungarian ReCaptcha was asking me to select before I realized it's possible to switch to english! 😅
Once the package is received by USPS you should be able to input the same tracking number into their system and tracking updates are much more frequent. Just an FYI for anyone still trying to get info from international shipping website...

TheBigG

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
Well that is bad news for me, the german postal service does not use tracking numbers from other carriers and assigns their own, so there is no way to know that if the hungarian don't bother to update their tracking. I guess I will have to wait until I get a notice that I have to go to the postal office in my mailbox.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I see the issues! I have contacted with them, and they told me wait until monday, if its got any better or not. They are in the country still as I they told me. Thats why probably the tracking is not updated yet. But its on the way dont worry, it will fix itself at least monday.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I''m seeing the same problem (am in the UK), the tracking number hasn't activated yet, neither on Hungary post's website or on my local last mile carrier (Parcelforce). I'm assuming it's just Covid-related delays.

Not that I am in any hurry anyway, since new computer hardware is nigh impossible to buy at the moment, I have not seen any of the big online retailers here have any stocks of the new AMD CPUs, they seem to be perpetually sold out. I'm probably just gonna wait it out for a couple of months until the launch day craze settles down and scalpers find something better to do with their time.

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
Had anyone bought a LED stripe, yet?
I have a 3-pin (digital LED 5V) and 4-pin (RGB LED 12V) port on my mainboard and haven't found a strip that fits perfectly into the indentation of the distro.