Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
Has anyone already recieved their case ? Having hope as Dice wrote that he would sent the cases this week. Also I know that the week hasn't end yet

Edit: I just saw that someone was faster than me. That's what you get for not refreshing before posting.

Last edited:

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Dice,

Do we have any news about the shipping of the 3 slot-cases? and 2-slot?
Is there any other blocking issue besides the shipping?

Thank you in advance and good luck switching houses.
I shipped some 3slot cases, and the new 2slot ones are getting painted. As it arrive to me Ill ship all the remaining ones! ? ?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I've ordered a 3-slot case. Did mine get shipped? Can I get tracking details? Thanks, Nikita
I remember yours, its assembled, just one piece has a little deffect. I send you in this week!

Still painting the 2 slot ones? Are we going to wait again the same for the painting ?
No, its ready now, as it arrive to me Ill assemble all of it. First ones got the notification via email with tracking number included.

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
My case has arrived yesterday. I found it when I returned from my night shift.
Now I can start making plans to move my hardware to its new home ?
[insert unhappy face meme as the damn site won't let me]

Post some pics at least... ?

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
One has to be patient. You might understand that a bit of sleep after working the whole night isn't just some luxury. I'll send some photos later on.

Later on:
I've taken a closer look at the case.

The black really appeals to me. Timeless and elegant.
The case came very well packed. Wrapped in bubble wrap, surrounded by styrofoam balls. The distribution plate and the tempered glas covered in plastic film.

The extra side panel I ordered, some screws and the O-ring.

Painting quality isn't perfect. I see droplet forming on several places of the vented panels. At around half of the screws a little bit isn't painted (or was chipped when screwing?)

Back of the distroplate still covered in protective film.

Distroplate in all her glory. Well made, no scratches. I'm really happy and satisfied about this part.

Taking the case apart will inevitable lead to scratches. The expands sit really tight on the cage (upper and lower expand). I tried to pull them away from the case while removing them, but I couldn't get a good grip. I managed to not damage any visible parts. So in the end it shouldn't matter that much.

Concluding, I really like the sturdiness, even with the expands removed. The distroplate (visually) is flawless. I'm disappointed by the painting quality and scratch resistance and am really curious about how the other paint jobs came out.
But nonetheless I really dig the design and can't wait to move my hardware.

I haven't bought any watercooling parts yet. I might get some new hardware (RDNA2 coming ;) ) and I wanted to see the dimensions in real life as it makes planning much easier.

Tell me if you wanted to see a certain part of want to know anything else.

Edit: I got shipment notifications via email. I just found them in my spam folder ?

Last edited:

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
The "chips" are most likely just where the clips are attached that holds the panel up during powdercoating. It's common to have poor coverage where the clips/hangers touch the part, and usually the locations are selected where it's not visible on the final product (in this case, on the screw holes, which will be covered once the case is assembled)

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
This is the large double expand.

The "chips" are most likely just where the clips are attached that holds the panel up during powdercoating. It's common to have poor coverage where the clips/hangers touch the part, and usually the locations are selected where it's not visible on the final product (in this case, on the screw holes, which will be covered once the case is assembled)

I understand that. But as you can see on the photos the uncovered metal is still visible. The screw won't cover it completely.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
This is the large double expand.

I understand that. But as you can see on the photos the uncovered metal is still visible. The screw won't cover it completely.

Yeah that's unfortunate, you could try either cover it with sharpie or ask Dice whether it's possible to send it back to have the panel re-worked.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
One has to be patient. You might understand that a bit of sleep after working the whole night isn't just some luxury. I'll send some photos later on.

Later on:
I've taken a closer look at the case.

The black really appeals to me. Timeless and elegant.
The case came very well packed. Wrapped in bubble wrap, surrounded by styrofoam balls. The distribution plate and the tempered glas covered in plastic film.

The extra side panel I ordered, some screws and the O-ring.

Painting quality isn't perfect. I see droplet forming on several places of the vented panels. At around half of the screws a little bit isn't painted (or was chipped when screwing?)

Back of the distroplate still covered in protective film.

Distroplate in all her glory. Well made, no scratches. I'm really happy and satisfied about this part.

Taking the case apart will inevitable lead to scratches. The expands sit really tight on the cage (upper and lower expand). I tried to pull them away from the case while removing them, but I couldn't get a good grip. I managed to not damage any visible parts. So in the end it shouldn't matter that much.

Concluding, I really like the sturdiness, even with the expands removed. The distroplate (visually) is flawless. I'm disappointed by the painting quality and scratch resistance and am really curious about how the other paint jobs came out.
But nonetheless I really dig the design and can't wait to move my hardware.

I haven't bought any watercooling parts yet. I might get some new hardware (RDNA2 coming ;) ) and I wanted to see the dimensions in real life as it makes planning much easier.

Tell me if you wanted to see a certain part of want to know anything else.

Edit: I got shipment notifications via email. I just found them in my spam folder ?
Im happy it survived the shipping! And I'm sorry about the painting. I think it was just a lazy work at the factory.. in the countersunk holes it's a common mistake unfortunately. Maybe they didn't paint the holes again after hanging it. Have to ask them about it. A bit of a luck as you said in the exterior there is no damage that's why I let it throught. Other than that I can't wait for seeing the hardware in it ?

Reactions: ductapeme

ductapeme

Caliper Novice
Aug 10, 2019
@diceboii13 How long is the riser cable that comes with a double large expand? I might switch the riser cable out. According to this Reddit post standard PCI-E, 3.0 riser cables won't work between an RTX 30X0 card and a motherboard that is PCI-E 4.0 capable.

Last edited:

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Yep, this was already an issue with RX 5XXX GPU's. Just have to set it in the bios first, can be a pain, as some mb/gpu combinations won't even get you into the bios with a riser, so you might have to take them out and run them outside of the case to fix the bios settings.

I don't really expect anyone to include 4.0 risers atm, they're expensive ass hell, but @diceboii13 it might be a good idea to make the riser optional for the people that do want to get a 3rd party 4.0 riser.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I always connect everything together outside the case for the first boot, just prop things on top of the motherboard box and verify that it POSTs successfully before doing anything involving a case. It should be just one extra step to check the PCIe 4.0 settings. Is this not common practice?

Reactions: D10S