Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Also, apologies for the double post, i just got really excited about the case fite me. The gap in the seen when the case is in full extra large mode i assume will be covered by the side panels/glass upon expansion?
Sorry for the late respond, If you purchase 2 seperate size distros/backplates you can expand the case to these 2 sizes.

Because of the size of the base height of the case, when you expand it to the maximum, there will be little gaps in the sides. I can cover it, but when you close the case, there will be smaller sideventilation. If this bothers you, I will cover it.

Reactions: Whippler

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Any other way to pay? Barion doesn't take debit cards.
The website won't complete my transaction.
I think I will send you a paypal invoice to complete these transactions soon. Pls PM me here or through the website about your config and shipping adress, and send email pls. Or you can pay with bank transfer to my business transferwise account.

Reactions: ductapeme

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Ordered, can't wait!!

I have a few questions, and I apologize if these have already been asked:
  1. What all do I need to mount the D5 to the distro plate? O-ring, bracket?
  2. Will any D5 work?
  3. Anything special to keep in mind for 280mm rads?
Hoping to buy parts for the build soon ?
1. Mounting a D5 to the distro is a manly work, but all the orings, brackets will be included. I think D5s comes with an oring, that is needed for the mounting. Ill include a mounting manual that will help.
2. In my knowledge, every D5 will work, and had same dimensions. Only EKs spinning part bigger a bit, but it will work aswell.
3. X-flow rads are tricky to use, but workable. I think nothing special. :p

Reactions: xunilon

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I have also placed my order. One question about shipping, how are you going to pack the tempered glass to ensure it will arrive safely ? I have received shattered glasses on countless occasions and hope that this one comes nicely!
We gonna use relatively thick foams at packaging. I do my best to pack it right, and even postal service has insurance for that, so if somehow the glass brokes, I can send you a replacement.

Reactions: ywori

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
What are the manufacturing lead times like? When do you anticipate first orders starting to be shipped?
I hope in mid April. I gonna send Andy these orders, and he will start working on it asap. As my metal manufacturer asweell. They said it needs about a week for manufacturing it, then another week to paint it. So about 2 weeks after the Preorder ends. They can work before I send them the money, but the chinese are not. So I hope they will be as fast as before. Honestly this is my first project like this so I cant promis dates, but Ill do my best!

Reactions: bricemx

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
1. Mounting a D5 to the distro is a manly work, but all the orings, brackets will be included. I think D5s comes with an oring, that is needed for the mounting. Ill include a mounting manual that will help.
2. In my knowledge, every D5 will work, and had same dimensions. Only EKs spinning part bigger a bit, but it will work aswell.
3. X-flow rads are tricky to use, but workable. I think nothing special. :p

Just to let everyone know, The D5 G2 from Ek, if you buy it standalone, comes without o-rings. I hope it fits fine, because the pwm is way better than the standard 655.

Reactions: bricemx

The6A

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
A word of advice, look into injecting the SLI bits into your BIOS, as opposed to hacking drivers. The former is known to work, the latter hasn't worked in some time.
Gpus are gonna be used with redshift for rendering so need to worry about SLI. I’m not much of a gamer

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Gpus are gonna be used with redshift for rendering so need to worry about SLI. I’m not much of a gamer
Awesome, in that case you're good to go. Just a heads up looks like Redshift doesn't take advantage of Quadro cards any better than GeForce, so dual 2080ti or the like would be the way to go, unless you're VRAM-bound.

Whippler

Trash Compacter
Nov 11, 2019
Sorry for the late respond, If you purchase 2 seperate size distros/backplates you can expand the case to these 2 sizes.

Because of the size of the base height of the case, when you expand it to the maximum, there will be little gaps in the sides. I can cover it, but when you close the case, there will be smaller sideventilation. If this bothers you, I will cover it.

Interesting, I wouldn't mind getting the gaps covered... i'll email you about that.

Reactions: diceboii13

o3okevin

Chassis Packer
Oct 14, 2019

Would also love if there was an option to have the gaps covered!

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
@Diceboii I have a question about the rear panel (where the motherboard IO and graphics card mount is). If you select the 'Covered' option at checkout, both the front acrylic panel as well as the rear panel will fully extend to cover the total height of the case with the expand level we picked right? (i.e. there will be no gaps both on the front panel distro plate as well as the back).

I did leaf through the last 5-10 pages but I don't see this being asked yet.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
@Diceboii I have a question about the rear panel (where the motherboard IO and graphics card mount is). If you select the 'Covered' option at checkout, both the front acrylic panel as well as the rear panel will fully extend to cover the total height of the case with the expand level we picked right? (i.e. there will be no gaps both on the front panel distro plate as well as the back).

I did leaf through the last 5-10 pages but I don't see this being asked yet.
Yeah, but its cant be seen in the configurator because I was created these renders in a rush and forgot about it. So dont worry it will be covered aswell as the front.

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
@diceboii13 Hey man, quick question as this is getting a bit out of hand. Does this whole pandemic thing affect your production in any way? Was just wondering if we should expect delays or such.

P. S. Hope everyone bought toilet paper, cuz i can't find any anywhere ?

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
I've been locked up in the house for two weeks now, and two more are left...
this fucking virus is upsetting everything,
when this case arrives ... I think I'll try to loop with AMUCHINA instead of EK fluid! ?
Stay safe, we'll survive!
Greetings from Milan, Italy.