Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

Idea

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019
Are orders still up or am I late?

EDIT: RIP looks like I'm late... Damnit... This is the one case I was looking forward too buying :(

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
Boooiii that was a lot of reading for a day. Read each comment for approximately last 30 pages. I also put myself down for preorder as I have been lurking around these forums in the search for the perfect case.

Atm I cry in a big atx surrounded by my itx mobo, sf750, radiators and cpu block.

Needless to say I cannot wait to get my hands on this baby!

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
I think the Alphacool st30 280 can be the sweetspot between performance, and aesthetics. I mean 45mm rads are a bit big for my taste.

Do you want the best performance?

Grab the corsair radiators, 280x30mm which are made by Hardwarelabs, and they are slightly better... which is interesting... Another option would be the x-flow by hardwarelabs, as they are less restrictive, and in some situations can be a the best option for routing tubes

The ek 280x45 dont perform better than any of those, as the core is small compared to the width.

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019

Grab the corsair radiators, 280x30mm which are made by Hardwarelabs, and they are slightly better... which is interesting... Another option would be the x-flow by hardwarelabs, as they are less restrictive, and in some situations can be a the best option for routing tubes

The ek 280x45 dont perform better than any of those, as the core is small compared to the width.
The corsair stuff seems solidly built an I was thinking of getting everything from them to avoid any risks associated with galvanic corrosion but unfortunately they don't sell a pump that would be compatible. Any recommendations for a D5 pump vendor in US?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
The corsair stuff seems solidly built an I was thinking of getting everything from them to avoid any risks associated with galvanic corrosion but unfortunately they don't sell a pump that would be compatible. Any recommendations for a D5 pump vendor in US?
XSPC, or Swiftech? Maybe Bitspower has some D5s without their cover. As I know all D5s are equal in sizewise, only EKWB D5 longer a bit (like 0,2mm)

Reactions: bricemx and kosta

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019

Important to note, the Corsair radiators are made by HWLabs but they are NOT the Nemesis GTS radiators. They are the L-Series stealth radiators which you can buy unbranded from Performance PCs. Several people rebadge that radiator, like Bitspower with the Leviathan, and the performance of that versus the actual GTS is not as good. In fact, according to the xtremerigs comparison, it's actually not that great. I didn't know this before I bought an L-Series rad but in my current case the GTS wouldn't fit because it's too wide and too tall.

According to Dice the proper Nemesis GTS 280 should fit, and that would be you're best performing radiator in the 30mm class.

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
Important to note, the Corsair radiators are made by HWLabs but they are NOT the Nemesis GTS radiators. They are the L-Series stealth radiators which you can buy unbranded from Performance PCs. Several people rebadge that radiator, like Bitspower with the Leviathan, and the performance of that versus the actual GTS is not as good. In fact, according to the xtremerigs comparison, it's actually not that great. I didn't know this before I bought an L-Series rad but in my current case the GTS wouldn't fit because it's too wide and too tall.

According to Dice the proper Nemesis GTS 280 should fit, and that would be you're best performing radiator in the 30mm class.
Really interesting, thanks for sharing those details!

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019

Corsair rebrands the LS and LX series from HWLabs, they don't manufacture their own radiators.

The LS and LX series are basic OEM series offerings from HWLabs, compared to the Nemesis GTS and GTX series, they are slightly more compact (they are only slightly wider than the 120 and 140mm fan frames that they are matched with) but I think the number of coolant tubes are lower than the GTS and GTX and thus they don't perform as well when compared head to head with the actual HWLabs' own series.

HWLabs is one of the main suppliers for radiators worldwide and most watercooling shops worth their salt will stock them.

Reactions: kosta

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020

I mean, I had both, GTS and Corsair xr5 240 in my system, and both performed the same.

And reviews of it seems to agree.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-hydro-x-series-xr5-360-radiator/5.html

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
Today I was gonna pull the trigger on a a d5 pump, but I don't want to preempt it too much and prefer to get whatever I need once I'll get the case in order to see the measurements physically.

Meanwhile, anyone has any experience with the D5 Next pump? Based on my h/w I beleive it would fit and I think it would look nice having a built in flow meter and all. And ar gee bee ofc ?

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
Today I was gonna pull the trigger on a a d5 pump, but I don't want to preempt it too much and prefer to get whatever I need once I'll get the case in order to see the measurements physically.

Meanwhile, anyone has any experience with the D5 Next pump? Based on my h/w I beleive it would fit and I think it would look nice having a built in flow meter and all. And ar gee bee ofc ?

Looks interesting. It will add length to it though so compatability with GPUs will change I guess?

EDIT: Seems to add 20mm roughly to the length of it?

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
I can't find the sizing for the ekwb d5 pwm pump but I reckon the D5 Next does add about 20mm. However, based on the lenght of my gpu I should be alright.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
D5 Next it is same D5 pums as is EKWB or Swifttech, but additional RGB and display. It's absolutely useless. Why you want pay more?)

Integrated flow meter, coolant temperature sensor, and PWM output header for fans so you can slave fan speed and pump flow rate to the internal coolant temperature sounds like pretty good features too. It actually is a pretty compelling package if you use those features (as well as saving you money from not having to buy a separate flowmeter and thermocouple fittings)

But sure, the RGB stuff is nice too I guess

Reactions: dealda and AllXFrag

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
Integrated flow meter, coolant temperature sensor, and PWM output header for fans so you can slave fan speed and pump flow rate to the internal coolant temperature sounds like pretty good features too. It actually is a pretty compelling package if you use those features (as well as saving you money from not having to buy a separate flowmeter and thermocouple fittings)

But sure, the RGB stuff is nice too I guess

Apart from the flow meter, Argus Monitor is better for this type of builds, as you can mix temperatures from all the sensors, including GPU.