Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Phanteks is going to sell a distribution plate. I don't know the production costs of your plate. But perhaps later buying them instead of producing them could lower the price?
Most distro plates are either specifically engineered for a particular case, or they are generic sizes like 120mm or 140mm wide to fit in fan mount areas. They wouldn't be suitable for this case. Also, lots of folks make custom distro plates, it's not actually that high-cost an item, because the only material costs are (generally) CNC'd acrylic and O-rings plus some screws.

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Most distro plates are either specifically engineered for a particular case, or they are generic sizes like 120mm or 140mm wide to fit in fan mount areas. They wouldn't be suitable for this case. Also, lots of folks make custom distro plates, it's not actually that high-cost an item, because the only material costs are (generally) CNC'd acrylic and O-rings plus some screws.
Yes most part is the CNC machining and the acrylic price. Machining will take time, because always need to mill both sides of the 2 main pieces, and making a pump mounting for it can cost even more. We are happy to stay under a 100usd/distro.

Reactions: bricemx

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Trying to convince andrew for making the vented acrylic panels hehe

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
Would be incredible. The front on the picture is with large double expand? I would prefer it over distroplate to be honest

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Would be incredible. The front on the picture is with large double expand? I would prefer it over distroplate to be honest
Its the small one. I try to add large ones to the final lineup! I think I forgot AIO users..
Isn't it fragile?
Not really, acrylic is pretty flexible, but easy to scratch. The tempered glass panels will be more fragile, but harder to scratch. If you drop the acrylic one, it will not break, but the TG can. I already broke one of my TG samples, because I forgot some screws, and it slides down.. when I tired to put the expandable panels onto it, I applied to much pressure to the unsecured missaligned part. I gonna make an assembly guide.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Vertical (cables to side) PSU mount will be?
I tried it, but theres no place to mount it in that orientation :(
Can it fit the DTX motherboard? such as asus c8i

btw looks great now
Thank you! It'll need a custom panel for that at the bottom what is ruin the space for bottom fans drives rads, but I gonna take a look at it. Its a definite maybe.

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
If SFX not L mount for left can be a little bit moved close to MB.
For right turn, hot air to MB not a problem. Rads fans blow this air outside. Anyway this air will be.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
If i turn it left, the pump blocks the mounting, If I turn right, the PSU blows hot air directly to the mobo.
I wouldn't be concerned with hot air from the PSU. The airflow in the case should be fine, and with the massive SFX or SFXL units available now, you can go overkill on the wattage to keep temps down. I'm going with the entirely overkill Corsair SF750 which should run passive most of the time, and Cooler Master just announced an 850W SFX unit, Silverstone has a 1000W SFX-L unit now.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
Something that doesn't appear anywhere in this thread, or maybe I missed, is the feet the case are going to use. on my previous Ghost S1 I ended up buying custom feet in order to improve airflow, would it be possible to do this in this case?

I am saying this because after testing different configurations for the ghost s1, the best one I found is both radiators as exhaust, and for that you need extra clearance on the bottom.

I am really looking forward for this case, the ghost was cool and all, but it was easily scratched by its design, and despite the fact the hats were cool, mounting them and aligning were a pain. I find your design much better for expandability, plus the distro plate is just amazing.

When can I give you my inmortal soul to get a pre order? Or money? I already sold my ghost.

Reactions: bricemx