Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Finally with stop fittings, and added a bit of RGB, now just the razer logo missing hehe. (its a large bottom expand)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
So I'm going to start collecting more parts for this in prep for it going up for order. I have all my watercooling parts ready, need custom cables next. Any idea what lengths for PSU cables I should get? Should they be roughly the same as any other sandwich case?

Last question for @diceboii13 and @alauder - I have an EK D5 pump for this build. Radikult, who makes distro plates, has run into issues with EK D5 pumps making a rattling noise, and the issue was he was milling the hole for the impeller too tightly. You can see more here:

If you guys get a chance please test this as it seems to be a common issue with d5 distro plates. Thanks!

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
So I'm going to start collecting more parts for this in prep for it going up for order. I have all my watercooling parts ready, need custom cables next. Any idea what lengths for PSU cables I should get? Should they be roughly the same as any other sandwich case?

Last question for @diceboii13 and @alauder - I have an EK D5 pump for this build. Radikult, who makes distro plates, has run into issues with EK D5 pumps making a rattling noise, and the issue was he was milling the hole for the impeller too tightly. You can see more here:

If you guys get a chance please test this as it seems to be a common issue with d5 distro plates. Thanks!
Yes we saw that, and we milled deeper because of that, but thank you for the info!

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
Phanteks is going to sell a distribution plate. I don't know the production costs of your plate. But perhaps later buying them instead of producing them could lower the price?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Phanteks is going to sell a distribution plate. I don't know the production costs of your plate. But perhaps later buying them instead of producing them could lower the price?
Its always cheaper if we can produce it higher volumes, but I dont think later buying will be any cheaper. Its all about the material loss, and making it as smooth as possible (less hand, more automatic work) so If we can produce more, we can lower the price. But I'm lucky now, because my partner @alauder will gonna make it. So I think we found the best price for it, even in relatively lower volumes. If we can produce thousands of them, can lower the price but thats not gonna happen in the near future, so if you want it for your case in the first preorder, dont hesitate :)