Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Hi guys, I've been working on the case in the last weeks, and got some stuffs for you!

- PSU now can be flipped, and move up/down 12,35mm depends on the need (better cable management etc.)

- Designed the backplate for 3 and 2 slot GPUs. It will be a choice at the buy, because its 2 seperate panes. It cant be done with one. The motherboard is moveable to match the cutouts at the back.

- Added mounting holes for the SSD behind the PSU. Its unfortunatelly for one 2,5 drive. It has a space for a second one, if its in horizontal orientation, but there is no space for the SATA, and power cables. If I find a solution, I will try to put a 2nd mount, but will be almost impossible.

- Make the MOBO cutout as big as it possible without make the middle plate week. Also the stadoff screws will be replaceable, so if any thick M2 heatsink needed, its good to go.

- Added plus holes for the Radiator mounting, for better airflow, when a 280 rad installed (its wider).

The vented front and sidepanels are not ready, but they will be soon.
And its fron the 0,9 steel. I forgot to add the fixed holes for the top/bottom panels.
Amazing update Dice, I think these are all the right changes without compromising you're original concept - from here I'd pull back on major iterations and finalising for production.

How much of the case will be made of steel?
Andy and I both really want to experiment with a rust patina which requires a full steel case XD I actually think your design in rust patina with copper tubing would be so sick!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Amazing update Dice, I think these are all the right changes without compromising you're original concept - from here I'd pull back on major iterations and finalising for production.

Andy and I both really want to experiment with a rust patina which requires a full steel case XD I actually think your design in rust patina with copper tubing would be so sick!
That would be really cool.

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com

Thank you! I added almost everything from the wishlist, so it turned out well. Yeah now we need to find the right manufatcure, and finalize the design. @alauder will be a big help in this stage.

What you see here, the inner structure is steel. The panels that can expand will be aluminium. Its so rigged and good looking in the first prototype, I want to keep it ?. Maybe I will search for some patina and copper in CAD and try it lol.

Reactions: alauder

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019

I'm ready to see the Steampunk build!

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Thank you! I added almost everything from the wishlist, so it turned out well. Yeah now we need to find the right manufatcure, and finalize the design. @alauder will be a big help in this stage.
I would ask J-hack, NFC, and grsychckn who they get to build their cases. You could also go the Chimera route and ask Sliger but I think he's got his hands completely full with his bevy of cases coming to market.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I would ask J-hack, NFC, and grsychckn who they get to build their cases. You could also go the Chimera route and ask Sliger but I think he's got his hands completely full with his bevy of cases coming to market.
These cases are made in bigger volumes. Josh from NFC is making it in Taiwan, at Lian Li. I contacted them but they said its a cool idea but to niche market (its true) and need to involve multiple manifacturers. I want to make the metal parts here at Europe. Andy will make the distro, but the metal part is still a question.

Reactions: bricemx

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
Ah, ok. By the way second SSD can be mounted from GPU side with two side adhesive tape.
Really want solution for 2 ssd from one side. Or option if PSU does not rotated.

Just plan sold Ghost S1 and buy this case.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Ah, ok. By the way second SSD can be mounted from GPU side with two side adhesive tape.
Really want solution for 2 ssd from one side. Or option if PSU does not rotated.

Just plan sold Ghost S1 and buy this case.
Yeah you can do it above the pump :D. As I find a way to add a 2nd mount, I'll do it for sure!

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
White, black, and an actual color? Yes and thank you. The Lagune looks beautiful.

When will this case have a proper name?
I thinked about HYDRA because it was a sea monster, but there is a company who makes gaming desks etc. I dont like stealing ? its a company name, and mine is a product, so I dont know what to do with this situation.

Reactions: Bonusround

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I thinked about HYDRA because it was a sea monster, but there is a company who makes gaming desks etc. I dont like stealing ? its a company name, and mine is a product, so I dont know what to do with this situation.
I think you'd be fine - a case called the hydra shouldn't affect a company called hydra who makes desks... Well at least IMO, I think it's a great name though