Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
What case is that? Not quite the same quality or cooling potential, but looks interesting
Sorry, but I don't know. Find it in local social network. Looks like somewhat case from Taobao.

Can you help me to find something like this? I mean the propeller, I just cant.

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
One more idea. Current itx motherboards have m.2 only at back. X570 have m.2 front and back. Most of time this ssd has no cooling. Radiator installation is not possible because of low standoffs height.
Please allow change standoffs or change their height for installation radiator (like from EKWB) who need it.

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
One more idea. Current itx motherboards have m.2 only at back. X570 have m.2 front and back. Most of time this ssd has no cooling. Radiator installation is not possible because of low standoffs height.
Please allow change standoffs or change their height for installation radiator (like from EKWB) who need it.
I'm working on modify the plate that holds the components, and its in my plans..sorta. I talked with a guy @D10S who is an x299 user and in these boards, there are 2x m2 slots in the back of the mobo. For easier access, and for heatsinks, I gonna open that as much as I can.

Reactions: al007 and D10S

The6A

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
What makes this case interesting for me is the dual rad with an itx board in case that’s pretty small. My dream build would be to run a custom loop with dual single slot 1080tis and have enough heat disapation. I don’t see a case that would let me do that anywhere around

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
How much SSD 2.5 it can handle? Mount holes behind PSU, like Ghost S1. May be option for mount 3.5 HDD at bottom or top via bracket instead of rad.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
How much SSD 2.5 it can handle? Mount holes behind PSU, like Ghost S1. May be option for mount 3.5 HDD at bottom or top via bracket instead of rad.
It can get 2x 2,5 ssd or 1x 2,5 ssd 1x 3,5 hdd. The hdd can used when the case expanded. Its complicated tho, I want to include 2 brackets, but with the expandability, you can use a lot more, if you buy more.

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
I like place one SSD behind PSU, like Ghost S1 style. No visible and short distance to motherboard. Use 15 cm sata cables for it.

For me, if case will cost ~$500 with some add-ons, it is comfort price for uniqe and premium itx case.

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I manage to squeeze in 2x 2,5 drives without any mounting bracket, behind the PSU, so I can remove the bottom one. It gives better airflow to the case, and no extra parts needed. I think, that amount of drives is more than enough. M2 drives also getting cheaper, and more space efficent. Maybe I change the bottom one to a 3,5 or 120 AIO if possible, so the case can be "watercooleld in closed form". Also did the fixet threads fot the expandability, and the riser cable. More Updates/Renders coming soon!

EDIT: I need to redo the PSU mounting a bit..
and I make bigger cutouts for the rad tubes, so you can mount 90 fittings directly to the top of the distro, and it can connect nicely to the rads.

Fiction

Chassis Packer
Jun 6, 2019
really excited for this case, hoping it can come to market. take your time and continue the good work. good luck <3

EDIT: would love to see an option for pcie bifurcation if possible. otherwise the 3 slot option is fine since u can buy it separately. the extra pcie would add a lot of expansion to ports or otherwise.
maybe we can have an option without the front ports, like ncase m1 is doing for more compatability and aesthetics. otherwise really looking beautiful, especially with the larger window opening to peek into the internals.

Last edited:

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
really excited for this case, hoping it can come to market. take your time and continue the good work. good luck <3

EDIT: would love to see an option for pcie bifurcation if possible. otherwise the 3 slot option is fine since u can buy it separately. the extra pcie would add a lot of expansion to ports or otherwise.
maybe we can have an option without the front ports, like ncase m1 is doing for more compatability and aesthetics. otherwise really looking beautiful, especially with the larger window opening to peek into the internals.
Thank you <3 it would be a really nice solution. The only problem I have is the mid panel mounting, because it should be moveable like in the sidearm t1. In stock, there is no space for a 3rd PCIe slot, but when you move it and reduce the CPU side space, it has.