Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Since the case is expandable, it probably wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to mod the case to support dtx in the expanded form, but dtx is so rare I really wouldn't worry about making it compatible out of the box. This is especially true since the one dtx board for x570 wouldn't fit in this case anyway because of the giant daughter board that sticks out as far as a gpu would.
Yeah its my point to it. I saw these mobos in Coputex, but its a niche market for it. But who knows..

maslygan

Chassis Packer
Jun 1, 2019
I want to get a rig like that maybe in July for testing. And a monoblock for the asus x470-i :p My plan is not so clear yet. Crowdfunding or Preorder. But the mass production is still a question. I hope my case will interest more than 10 ppl, so I can make it. :D
If that won't happen, i would like to build one myself i think. But lets see what happens. either option sounds fine imo

Reactions: diceboii13

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
None at all, it won't affect performance on the slightest, we have a similar design on a radiator for the new Ford Kuga and it actually benefits some exhaust. Also, remember the fans have their own cage so it will be limiting any air that tries to escape.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
None at all, it won't affect performance on the slightest, we have a similar design on a radiator for the new Ford Kuga and it actually benefits some exhaust. Also, remember the fans have their own cage so it will be limiting any air that tries to escape.
Its good to hear, but my real worry is dust. But I will find out :D

alauder

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2019
www.pcdesignfoundry.com
More parts cut today ready for bending tomorrow..

Also bent a tricky part with small flange length.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Bending Done. Did an initial fit check assembly.

Need to fix a screw/rivet clearance at the back.

Have to make the top and bottom covers next before taking to powder coating.

Looks great. The question I have for you is when you start production, what QC steps do you have in place to make sure every case is to spec.

Sorry but I was a ghost backer and one of the community managers and I am really interested in the case but I want to make sure the right questions are asked earlier in the process

Reactions: bricemx

alauder

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2019
www.pcdesignfoundry.com
Looks great. The question I have for you is when you start production, what QC steps do you have in place to make sure every case is to spec.

Sorry but I was a ghost backer and one of the community managers and I am really interested in the case but I want to make sure the right questions are asked earlier in the process

Hi Gwertheim.

I'm not necessarily going to be building production versions of this case. At present I am building a prototype for Dice and I'm not set up for production.

QC process depends on production volume. If these parts get tooled then there will need to be a first article inspection to the drawings. This is normally a statistical process check on all the dimensions. After that you can ask for 100% inspection on some critical dimensions on the production line. Quite often this can be accomplished by making a set of go no go gauges for the production line.

The other thing to make sure that the part datums are thought through so that everything ends up square and you keep the tolerances as tight as possible.

Finally the distributor plate is probably going to be the most critical functional part. I would expect that it will need a 100% leak test. Probably using air under pressure over a period of time.

I'll be happy to help Dice as he gets into these issues.