Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hi Gwertheim.

I'm not necessarily going to be building production versions of this case. At present I am building a prototype for Dice and I'm not set up for production.

QC process depends on production volume. If these parts get tooled then there will need to be a first article inspection to the drawings. This is normally a statistical process check on all the dimensions. After that you can ask for 100% inspection on some critical dimensions on the production line. Quite often this can be accomplished by making a set of go no go gauges for the production line.

The other thing to make sure that the part datums are thought through so that everything ends up square and you keep the tolerances as tight as possible.

Finally the distributor plate is probably going to be the most critical functional part. I would expect that it will need a 100% leak test. Probably using air under pressure over a period of time.

I'll be happy to help Dice as he gets into these issues.

Thanks for that detailed answer, was exactly what I was looking for

alauder

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2019
www.pcdesignfoundry.com
Made one cover part today. Just one more to do. Need to install some PEM inserts so covers can slide up and down . Then start on the distributor while parts are at powder coater next week.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Ok... I've silently observed for long enough, and must break said silence to say this is one of the coolest case ideas to hit these forums. I remember the day you made this thread and thought it was cool and worth watching... and I can say with 100% certainty that I'm thrilled I've lurked through it all! Also, "it all" hasn't even been very long... In fact, I'm amazed at how quickly all of this has come together, and give major props to @diceboii13 for having a vision, and seeing it through. This is a crazy good idea, and I hope to see this case hit production at some point. Even if it doesn't (which would be a shame), this has been a blast watching it all come together!

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Ok... I've silently observed for long enough, and must break said silence to say this is one of the coolest case ideas to hit these forums. I remember the day you made this thread and thought it was cool and worth watching... and I can say with 100% certainty that I'm thrilled I've lurked through it all! Also, "it all" hasn't even been very long... In fact, I'm amazed at how quickly all of this has come together, and give major props to @diceboii13 for having a vision, and seeing it through. This is a crazy good idea, and I hope to see this case hit production at some point. Even if it doesn't (which would be a shame), this has been a blast watching it all come together!
The reactions like yours, is keep me motivated to do this. So much thanks for it, I really appriciate it! If I got an idea I always love to rush it as much as I can :D And @alauder is a big help to me from manufacturing side!

ShinyChariot

Efficiency Noob
Jun 13, 2019
Long time lurker. Made an account just to say that this looks incredible. I have one more year left of college, so between part time work and freelance graphic design gigs, I can't responsibly build my "dream" PC for at least another year. Lol, I basically have a vision board of computer parts. But I'm looking forward to supporting this project when the real paychecks come in!

Reactions: diceboii13

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
The reactions like yours, is keep me motivated to do this. So much thanks for it, I really appriciate it! If I got an idea I always love to rush it as much as I can :D And @alauder is a big help to me from manufacturing side!

@alauder appears to be doing an exceptional job at bringing your vision to life, too! I meant to applaud him as well in my post, but forgot... My bad!

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Long time lurker. Made an account just to say that this looks incredible. I have one more year left of college, so between part time work and freelance graphic design gigs, I can't responsibly build my "dream" PC for at least another year. Lol, I basically have a vision board of computer parts. But I'm looking forward to supporting this project when the real paychecks come in!
Im in the same shoes as you lol. But just a half year left for me if everything going well. Also graphic designer/2d-3d animation. The horsepower is really important. And thanks for the kind words, support is always needed because its a big moneyburner project.

• Love
Reactions: Alur

TheBigG

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
I really like the design and features. I want to go full custom loop with dual 280 rad and if I haven't overlooked something that should be possible with this case.
I really hope everything goes well for you with the case so we can buy it some day ?

Reactions: bricemx

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I really like the design and features. I want to go full custom loop with dual 280 rad and if I haven't overlooked something that should be possible with this case.
I really hope everything goes well for you with the case so we can buy it some day ?
Thank you! I reallly hope so! In the latest revision there is 65mm when its full open. So not all 280 rads are compatable, but I cant go further, this is out of the limits already :D I think EK and alphacool slimmer 280 rads are okey, but I will test it! It will be overclockable of course, thats the point of this case!

Skullassfreak

Cable Smoosher
Apr 19, 2019
Yeah, When you expand the top, or the bottom part, you can mount there anything you want. Im gonna test, what can fit there, but the 3.5 drives are fit Im sure.

Cheers! That's awesome! I'm so psyched! I'm thinking 1 x 280mm rad on top and 1 rad on bottom (140 or 120 depending on clearance with a 3.5in drive).

I'm hoping that'll be enough cooling for a 12core ryzen + 1080. Should make a great Plex + gaming rig!! This can't come out soon enough!

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Cheers! That's awesome! I'm so psyched! I'm thinking 1 x 280mm rad on top and 1 rad on bottom (140 or 120 depending on clearance with a 3.5in drive).

I'm hoping that'll be enough cooling for a 12core ryzen + 1080. Should make a great Plex + gaming rig!! This can't come out soon enough!
It will fit definitely :D I also cant wait to see the cooling performance!