DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Yeah, nothing fancy.

I have the EK PWM DDC but was thinking HDPlex on Mobo side, DDC with the bitspower hexagon res(small and lots of ports) could make for a really nice little loop for CPU And Mobo.
You're better off getting an Alphacool Eisbaer LT CPu block/pump since it's compact enough to fit in the A4 with a more than capable pump. THE DC-LT in it is not quite as good as the DDC, but you can buy a 120 Eisbaer LT for about the same price as a DDC which would happily mount on the 120mm mount in the A4 as the rad is 25mm thick. Food for thought.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
That's gonna be awkward to mount and is actually fairly bulky with a pump installed.
The Eisbaer LT120 will be the easiest way of implementing a custom loop into the A4, if you're deadset on having a separate pump/res then you're probably going to need some custom brackets made up to mount off the rad/fan.

Either way, it probable won't be worth the effort.

madbrayniak

Caliper Novice
Jun 23, 2018
That's gonna be awkward to mount and is actually fairly bulky with a pump installed.
The Eisbaer LT120 will be the easiest way of implementing a custom loop into the A4, if you're deadset on having a separate pump/res then you're probably going to need some custom brackets made up to mount off the rad/fan.

Either way, it probable won't be worth the effort.
yeah you are probably right.

Just wanting to recycle some old parts I have.

wolf30

Chassis Packer
Aug 28, 2018
Hello again, like probaly many know, the v3 has a better USB-Layout than the v2 and therefore doesen't have to detach it. I don't really like seeing a hole at the front. Is with better layout meant the port is on a different position or the cable dodges the AIO somehow. If the 2. is right, can we buy the better USB later somehow? cause im not planing of building it right now and can wait. Cheers.
I dont like it too, and one guy has already solved it and even having the USB with AIO on v2 as well,

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img924/1301/uIGWOe.jpg

ctudo

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 29, 2018
so, is the Type-C port going deeper? mine is doing the same with asus z370-i
2nd photo, the USB and USB Type-C is not aligned with the rest of shield mobo

I come from Taiwan and I received it on Friday
My Graphics card is still in transit

CPU: Intel i7-8700k
RAM: Micron ballistix elite 3466 8G*2
MB: ASUS Z370-I GAMING
POWER: Corsair SF600
Coolers: CRYORIG C7 cu version
GPU: ASUS STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING (transporting...)
SSD: Liten CX2 512G

I think the extension of the graphics card can be shorter maybe 0.5~1 cm ?

madbrayniak

Caliper Novice
Jun 23, 2018
I just had a crazy idea.

What if you do loop in the A4 by not having an internal res.

Use a few QDCs for an external res to fill the loop and then once filled you can remove the res from the system?

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I just had a crazy idea.

What if you do loop in the A4 by not having an internal res.

Use a few QDCs for an external res to fill the loop and then once filled you can remove the res from the system?
I’ve done a custom loop just like what you described above before, in a different case. It would be fun to do that in the A4-SFX.
I doubt the cooling will be any good though, even with the maximum 120+92 radiator space. I’m assuming that this is for cpu and gpu.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Yeah best case would be run a dedicated loop for the cpu, but i think to include the GPU in that loop is asking for trouble.

TGAIO

Trash Compacter
Jul 19, 2018
Yeah best case would be run a dedicated loop for the cpu, but i think to include the GPU in that loop is asking for trouble.

Why tho? I think the only major problem would be to find a fitting gpu.

Or the tubes.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Why tho? I think the only major problem would be to find a fitting gpu.

Or the tubes.
Because for the space you get better gpu cooking that cpu cooling and you won't be able to cool both in a subtle 120mm loop unless you're running low power parts in which case while bother with the water coming?

TGAIO

Trash Compacter
Jul 19, 2018
Because for the space you get better gpu cooking that cpu cooling and you won't be able to cool both in a subtle 120mm loop unless you're running low power parts in which case while bother with the water coming?

True, but it would rather be "cause im the first" project.

madbrayniak

Caliper Novice
Jun 23, 2018
I’ve done a custom loop just like what you described above before, in a different case. It would be fun to do that in the A4-SFX.
I doubt the cooling will be any good though, even with the maximum 120+92 radiator space. I’m assuming that this is for cpu and gpu.

No I am talking CPU or ITX monoblock only.

I don't think GPU would be possible in such a small case and a single 120 would not be enough.

voicesinyourhead

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 22, 2018
I have recently finished building my A4SFX and really happy with the outcome. and did not know the it's possible to put the noctua fan on the bottom orienation so it's sucking fresh air on the bottom vents and blowing it directly to the rad

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I don't know how this is possible. Please be careful to not breake the tubes.