Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Silver Supporter
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
For those who are wondering whether a 280 AIO / radiator might fit side-mounted: Yes, it does. Tested with the be quiet! Silent Loop 2 280 (314 x 140 x 27 mm, 1x 140 x 25 SW 3 + 1x 120 x 25 mm SW 4 HS with Noctua adapter).

Using an AIO, there is just this issue, that the in / outlet ports of the tubes clash with the PSU position, so you may have to get creative.

With a custom loop, you should have much less issues (if any; 90° fittings should take care of that problem easily).

Edit: Got creative. Tubes above the PSU seem to be the only option. Also, the Gigabyte Radeon RX 6800 Gaming OC fits completely on top, despite the fact that its between 58 and 61 mm thick. Did also a test fit with a GTX 1660, in theory, normal-sized GPUs till approx 130ish mm width should fit, too, but YMMV.

Edit #2: Now with pictures.

cu, w0lf.

Last edited:

hansbkk

What's an ITX?
New User
May 17, 2024
Will a DTX case fit? I need multiple cards, looking at Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact with Ryzen 7 5700G

Not concerned with going higher res, will eventually get maybe a 4080 GPU

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Will a DTX case fit? I need multiple cards, looking at Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact with Ryzen 7 5700G

Not concerned with going higher res, will eventually get maybe a 4080 GPU
Not in a sandwich style case, height of the spine is going determine motherboard size. Also the Cross hair only has 1 PCI slot.

Major774

Case Bender
New User
Jul 1, 2024

My incomplete parts list.. forgot to put in the Samsung 980 Pro 2TB for the photo, and no GPU yet 😥

AMD 7900X in for the win, my god this thing is fast, and responsive! Hits 5.7Ghz SC, and 5.235Ghz AC. 👀

There does still seam to be an issue with the Asus NVME heatsink putting too much pressure, and bending the NVME drive. I've left the two attaching screws backed off a bit as highlighted above.

And finally, the main reason for making this post. Photos for those wondering about the Asus B650E-I, and EK 240 AIO compatibility. No issues with the AIO block 👏 Asus did mention working on the, "clear out zone" for this board in an introduction video. Glad they fixed it!
I am sure the thermal pad that came with the board is too thick (heatsink side).

I have just bought this board and got some new thermal pads on the way (0.5 mm ones). After removing the original pad, there is about a 0.5 mm gap between my drive and the heatsink.

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch