Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

Tom-Helge

Case Bender
New User
Oct 16, 2021
tomhelgea.wordpress.com
Hey.

I have a plan to get me the 'Lian Li A4-H2O X4' case sometime next year hopefully. With that, I'm gonna buy the 'EK-Nucleus AIO CR240 Lux D-RGB' to use that with the case. You can see all info and size about the 'EK-Nucleus AIO CR240 Lux D-RGB' here: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-nucleus-aio-cr240-lux-d-rgb

My question is. Will that AIO fit into the H2O X4 case?

I have seen one person saying that says it won't fit unless the nucleus pump cover gets removed. Is that correct?

If that one doesn't fit, then I have to go for an 'Asus ROG Strix LC II ARGB 240mm' AIO instead. I know that one will fit all fine inside the case.

Greetings from Tom.

Mitohondri

Caliper Novice
Dec 14, 2021
Hey.

I have a plan to get me the 'Lian Li A4-H2O X4' case sometime next year hopefully. With that, I'm gonna buy the 'EK-Nucleus AIO CR240 Lux D-RGB' to use that with the case. You can see all info and size about the 'EK-Nucleus AIO CR240 Lux D-RGB' here: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-nucleus-aio-cr240-lux-d-rgb

I have seen one person saying that says it won't fit unless the nucleus pump cover gets removed. Is that correct?

If that one doesn't fit, then I have to go for an 'Asus ROG Strix LC II ARGB 240mm' AIO instead. I know that one will fit all fine inside the case.

Greetings from Tom.
Nucleus wont fit

Pump Unit Dimensions: 82.3 x 69.2 x 61.6 mm

A4-H2O: Pump block height 55mm

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hey.

Greetings from Tom.
The EK will fit if you remove the pump top, I have seen several builds on r/sffpc with this setup.

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

Tom-Helge

Case Bender
New User
Oct 16, 2021
tomhelgea.wordpress.com
The EK will fit if you remove the pump top, I have seen several builds on r/sffpc with this setup.
Yeah, same is said here where the pump cover had to be removed to fit: 2023 Dream SFF Build by Arzeey - Intel Core i5-13600KF, GeForce RTX 3080 10GB, Lian Li A4-H20 X4 Mini ITX Desktop - PCPartPicker

Kinda sucks to have to remove that, but I'm buying that AIO (when I buy the H2O case) for the cooling performance. And EK's Lux AIO here have got really great reviews after what I have seen.

Reactions: rfarmer

edwinbradford

Caliper Novice
Apr 22, 2020
Does anyone have any suggestions or replacement feet to raise the H2O case higher off the ground? I've had to move my build from my table to the floor and I either need to find a wooden base which is my second choice or replace the rubber strips underneath with something taller. I've been searching for "speaker spikes" which are my ideal choice but the smallest thread I can find anywhere is M6 and the H2O thread is M3.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Does anyone have any suggestions or replacement feet to raise the H2O case higher off the ground? I've had to move my build from my table to the floor and I either need to find a wooden base which is my second choice or replace the rubber strips underneath with something taller. I've been searching for "speaker spikes" which are my ideal choice but the smallest thread I can find anywhere is M6 and the H2O thread is M3.

I found something similar, but with 3M double-sided tape attached. Got them for my Meshlicious build, but turns out, using 20 mm long mainboard extension mounts + the SAMA IM01 feet rise the case much higher. You could either try that, although they're a bit nimble, or go for said 3M double-sided tape ones (I think they're called hifi feet or so).

There are several like these on Amazon, so maybe this is another option? And in theory, you could also just drill them with a proper thread drill for Philips M3 screws ..;)

cu, w0lf.

edwinbradford

Caliper Novice
Apr 22, 2020
Thanks, I did wonder about motherboard offsets and I saw those double sided feet on Amazon too but I hoped someone might have the perfect solution. Seems like there's a gap in the market there for PC case feet as stylish as speaker ones.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Thanks, I did wonder about motherboard offsets and I saw those double sided feet on Amazon too but I hoped someone might have the perfect solution. Seems like there's a gap in the market there for PC case feet as stylish as speaker ones.
They're indeed called "hi-fi" feet, made from stainless steel, with adjustable height (basically just a screw), by default 28 mm, and "float", ie. sit on top of a separate unit that you position underneath. They come with said 3M stickies but ALSO allow for a screw / thread to be put in on top. They're kinda .. stockier .. in size, in lack of a better word, but that inset for screws was one of the reasons I bought them, because with this you can easily attach them to the Meshi bottom panel, replacing its poor excuse of rubber feet.

I found a similar looking version on Amazon US by Viborg using the keywords "4 Sets Speaker Isolation Stand Feet, stainless shockproof".

Last edited:

edwinbradford

Caliper Novice
Apr 22, 2020
They're indeed called "hi-fi" feet, made from stainless steel, with adjustable height (basically just a screw), by default 28 mm, and "float", ie. sit on top of a separate unit that you position underneath. They come with said 3M stickies but ALSO allow for a screw / thread to be put in on top. They're kinda .. stockier .. in size, in lack of a better word, but that inset for screws was one of the reasons I bought them, because with this you can easily attach them to the Meshi bottom panel, replacing its poor excuse of rubber feet.

I found a similar looking version on Amazon US by Viborg using the keywords "4 Sets Speaker Isolation Stand Feet, stainless shockproof".
Unfortunately your media link didn't work for some reason but I think I get the general idea, do you know what the thread size is you use to attach them to your meshlicious? I also found thread adapters so I could potentially convert an M6 to an M3 https://www.knightoptical.com/stock/default/thread-adaptor-m6-to-m3.html.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Reactions: edwinbradford

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018

Finally finished my build after waiting about 4 months for all parts to arrive!

i9-14900KF direct die
MSI Z790i EDGE
MSI RTX 4090 Ventus OC
32GB G.Skill 7600MHz
HJ 240MM pump radiator combo
CableMod silver SFF cables

Last edited:

mishmash

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2020
What is the maximum radiator dimension? I was going to use my modultra lobo with a black ice 240GTS from HWLabs. Will this rad fit?

278mm x 133mm x 29.6mm (L x W x H)

Edit: disregard, answered already: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/lian-li-dan-a4-h2o.16201/post-260261
The radiator + fan space is 133x280x55

Edit2: Can confirm that it will fit. 0mm clearance on the radiator sides, therefore when fitting, you need to fit it without fans, and then fit both fans and screw them in, prior to adding any other water fittings (as you need to be able to slide the radiator around to access the middle screw holes).

Last edited:

assliquor

Case Bender
New User
Dec 18, 2023
i made the error of getting an aio with 400mm tubes with an sfx-l psu
this is how i've routed everything
is it fine like this or would i be better off getting an ek 240?

assliquor

Case Bender
New User
Dec 18, 2023
Looks perfectly fine to me, what CPU are you using?
hey, thanks! i'm using the 14700K. i was a bit concerned because the aio compatibility chart suggests that 400mm aios and sfx-l psus don't go together. i had the tubes pointing south earlier, trying to route them under the PSU, which would have been ideal had i an sfx psu. now, i'm worried about the tubes being under pressure from being bent above the psu. first time with an aio. thanks again.

Pjotr

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 4, 2024
Which AIO that fit the case and is available today is considered the best for cooling the 7800X3D?

I've read that the EK Nucleus AIO 240 Dark will fit if you remove the magnetic cover case on the pump. Same with Phanteks Glacier One T30 if you remove the anti vibration pads on one side. I don't it believe the Glacier One T30 will fit when the radiator and fan are 68 mm thick. I don't think tha anti vibration pads are 13 mm thick.