DAN A4-SFX v4.1

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
Hey guys

Quick question: I followed the guide that came with my Dan case and my build went together smoothly. However, once I was done I found that there were 4 standoff screws in the screw bag that I did not use.

Were these screws supposed to go under the motherboard? The manual did not tell me to install stand offs, so I screwed the motherboard down directly onto the case.
You need to use standoffs with all motherboard installs. Not just in the A4

Reactions: Elerek and 3lfk1ng

TGAIO

Trash Compacter
Jul 19, 2018
You need to use standoffs with all motherboard installs. Not just in the A4

The question already got anwsered that these standoffs were for the hdplex. He prob was irritated why he got standoffs when they already are installed.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
so far the leaked images of RTX2080 and RTX2080Ti show little hope of fitting as most are either wider than two slot or longer than 30cm. can't wait to see what nvidia announce this evening

https://videocardz.com/nvidia
There are blower style cards from Asus, MSI, Inno3D and a few others so we should be fine.
The triple slots are MAINLY 2080ti's, but the 2080 and 2070 may be better due to lower TDP.

Keep to see how the MSI Ventus stacks up, as it looks pretty nice.

In the meantime, I swapped out my Vega 64 for a Founder Edition GTX 1080 for the lower power/heat.
Will post pics when the build is done, waiting on my Ensourced shorties to arrive and another CableMod Pro extension for my GPU.

tenrose

Caliper Novice
Jun 27, 2018
There are blower style cards from Asus, MSI, Inno3D and a few others so we should be fine.
The triple slots are MAINLY 2080ti's, but the 2080 and 2070 may be better due to lower TDP.

Keep to see how the MSI Ventus stacks up, as it looks pretty nice.

In the meantime, I swapped out my Vega 64 for a Founder Edition GTX 1080 for the lower power/heat.
Will post pics when the build is done, waiting on my Ensourced shorties to arrive and another CableMod Pro extension for my GPU.

yeah after seeing the stream i checked overclockers and there's a few which will fit easily. the difference in power compared to the 10 series is incredible.

Rice_chaser

Efficiency Noob
Aug 9, 2018
yeah after seeing the stream i checked overclockers and there's a few which will fit easily. the difference in power compared to the 10 series is incredible.
Do you know which 2080 card will fit? It is quite hard to tell from the picture if they are real dual slot or fake.
I think the non-ultra EVGA and the founders edition will fit. Do not know about those bulky looking fan one tho.

tenrose

Caliper Novice
Jun 27, 2018
Do you know which 2080 card will fit? It is quite hard to tell from the picture if they are real dual slot or fake.
I think the non-ultra EVGA and the founders edition will fit. Do not know about those bulky looking fan one tho.
it doesn't look like many details for card length have been released yet, but the PNY 2080 triple fan is 29.5cm or so. this won't fit as the internal dimensions are smaller, but we can use that as a baseline to get a rough idea of what might fit.

for example i firmly believe the reference cards for each model will fit fine, as will many of the blower style cards which have been announced, like the Inno3D one here: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-072-in.html

for now it's probably best to wait for benchmarks and card details before buying. any other case i would have preordered by now but we need to be careful with the a4...

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
The look of the Founders Edition 20 series would look incredible inside of the A4. Those rounded edges though.

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
Newegg seems to have slot size and card length information for the new models in their product filtering as you search and in the technical specifications section for each of the cards.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I wouldn't hold your breath on these actually being that powerful though guys. For the likes of the A4 I still think the EVGA 1080ti FTW3 is the best GPU for the case purely for how it fits.

The 20 series will perform around 20-25% better at best going off specification data provided, and the lack of real world performance data seems to correlate with that.
I hope I'm wrong, but don't pre-order a 2080ti in the hope it performs 50% better than a 1080ti for 50% more, cos you'll likely be sorely disappointed, the only performance gains you'll see will be in ray tracing which is still new tech and they still only get barely playable framerates at lower resolutions with RT on anyway (30-50 fps at 1080p in Tomb Raider with RT active on a single 2080ti)

zeta555

Caliper Novice
Aug 1, 2018
i think the founders edition is the best bet. and the blower style one that ASUS have

tenrose

Caliper Novice
Jun 27, 2018
Got Windows installed on my new build last night (finally). No GPU yet but I performed a Prime95 stress on the CPU:

i7 7700K 4.2GHz
Cryorig C7 w/ 120mm Noctua 15mm
97C (yikes)

Underclocked the CPU to a measly 4.0GHz and it now sits at 80C under maximum load. A delid should get me a bit more performance but overall I'm happy with those results. Will have to retest once I've got a GPU in the machine.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Got Windows installed on my new build last night (finally). No GPU yet but I performed a Prime95 stress on the CPU:

i7 7700K 4.2GHz
Cryorig C7 w/ 120mm Noctua 15mm
97C (yikes)

Underclocked the CPU to a measly 4.0GHz and it now sits at 80C under maximum load. A delid should get me a bit more performance but overall I'm happy with those results. Will have to retest once I've got a GPU in the machine.
Yeah with the Kaby/Coffee lake CPU's you can so much out of delidding with very little effort or risk, I reckon you can drop your temps by a good 10c by doing it.

TGAIO

Trash Compacter
Jul 19, 2018
Hello again, like probaly many know, the v3 has a better USB-Layout than the v2 and therefore doesen't have to detach it. I don't really like seeing a hole at the front. Is with better layout meant the port is on a different position or the cable dodges the AIO somehow. If the 2. is right, can we buy the better USB later somehow? cause im not planing of building it right now and can wait. Cheers.

tenrose

Caliper Novice
Jun 27, 2018
Hello again, like probaly many know, the v3 has a better USB-Layout than the v2 and therefore doesen't have to detach it. I don't really like seeing a hole at the front. Is with better layout meant the port is on a different position or the cable dodges the AIO somehow. If the 2. is right, can we buy the better USB later somehow? cause im not planing of building it right now and can wait. Cheers.
the usb cable for the front IO on the v3 is molded in a way where it doesn't interfere with a 92mm AIO radiator mounted at the front bottom of the case

afaik dan hasn't got any plans to make the usb cable available for purchase

TGAIO

Trash Compacter
Jul 19, 2018
the usb cable for the front IO on the v3 is molded in a way where it doesn't interfere with a 92mm AIO radiator mounted at the front bottom of the case

afaik dan hasn't got any plans to make the usb cable available for purchase

thx, then i only can hope that the USB 3.1 Gen2 extension will fit.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Apparently Linus uses it as a DC-AC converter enclosure in his latest "fitness PC" build, but uses a Cannon Lake NUC as a PC:

Skips to the point where he desecrates the DAN A4.