Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

Timeless

Caliper Novice
Jul 1, 2021
I have 13700k, corsair h100i elite capellix and 4080 fe installed in this case. The aio coolant gets really hot and reaches 60c under load. Does anyone also has the same problem and is there a way to fix this besides undervolting?

Last edited:

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
I have 13700k, corsair h100i elite capellix and 4080 fe installed in this case. The aio coolant gets really hot and reaches 60c under load. Does anyone also has the same problem and is there a way to fix this besides undervolting?

Hiya. imho 60 degrees is by far not really hot. Also 13700k is 125 W TDP CPU with boosting upto 253W apparently.
In Guru3D's baseline performance test it reaches 60degrees at tdp of 90W, so actually your setup is performing just fine if not even much better than baseline.

A bit dependant what ambient temperatures your room is overall. But i wouldnt be concerned here.

Links:

Corsair H100i Elite Capellix review - Processor baseline performance test (guru3d.com)

Guru3D's rule of thumb on CPU load vs cooling temps:
  • Anything up-to to roughly 50 Degrees C or lower we consider enthusiast-class cooling
  • Anything in-between 51 to 60 Degrees C we consider performance cooling
  • Anything in-between 61 to 70 Degrees C we consider mainstream cooling
  • Anything above 71 Degrees C we consider average cooling

Reactions: Merry Monkey

Timeless

Caliper Novice
Jul 1, 2021
Hiya. imho 60 degrees is by far not really hot. Also 13700k is 125 W TDP CPU with boosting upto 253W apparently.
In Guru3D's baseline performance test it reaches 60degrees at tdp of 90W, so actually your setup is performing just fine if not even much better than baseline.

A bit dependant what ambient temperatures your room is overall. But i wouldnt be concerned here.

Links:

Corsair H100i Elite Capellix review - Processor baseline performance test (guru3d.com)

Guru3D's rule of thumb on CPU load vs cooling temps:
  • Anything up-to to roughly 50 Degrees C or lower we consider enthusiast-class cooling
  • Anything in-between 51 to 60 Degrees C we consider performance cooling
  • Anything in-between 61 to 70 Degrees C we consider mainstream cooling
  • Anything above 71 Degrees C we consider average cooling
I am concerned with the coolant being so hot that it could cause a leak, apparently it shouldn't go near 60c. It is not the temperature of the cpu or gpu, those are fine.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I think many AIO users do not know what coolant temperature they have. If the CPU temp is fine the AIO coolant temp should be also ok. If you like to imrpove it increase fan and pump speed or switch to an bigger 280 AIO. I think this topic is something for an Corsair forum but not for the C4-SFX thread. Because the case does not affect directly coolant temps.

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
I am concerned with the coolant being so hot that it could cause a leak, apparently it shouldn't go near 60c. It is not the temperature of the cpu or gpu, those are fine.
Ah sorry i mis-read, the coolant itself. It's odd to have high coolant temperature but cpu/gpu temps are ok.

Jarmusche

Case Bender
New User
Jul 17, 2022
Alpenföhn Black Ridge in A4-H2O.

I removed M.2 heatsink of Asus ROG B550-I board to fit in and put a thermal pad and metal cover over the SSD to avoid extreme temperatures (WD_Black SN850 maxed out 59 degrees in games, 73 degrees in CrystalDiskMark).

I swapped the original fan with Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM. Corsair LPX memory sticks fit under the cooler without any issues. Riser cable also fits the PCIe slot with ease.

Once CPU temps (5600x) were around 74 degrees with EK AIO 240. Now it's expectedly reaching towards 79 degrees while gaming, 71 degrees in Prime95 Small FFT.

I was hoping GPU temps (ROG 3080) would go down after this change, because fans should move heat away faster without a fixed radiator. But i was wrong, GPU temperatures are exactly the same, around 75 degrees in load.

Even though it was disappointing in GPU-wise, i could manage a migration with this cooler to Fractal Terra in future. 79 degrees is not a disaster for 10-11L cases, at least i would have not doubt for AIO leakage any longer.

gino pietermaai

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 26, 2023
Hello guys,
Planning to buy the h2o case, because I think it Rocks! My set-up will be:

7800x3d
ASUS rog Strix b650e-i
7900XTX Reference model

Only question I got is cooling wise; which AIO could cool good enough? And how do I keep CPU and GPU low temps.

Thanks!

pacomix

Case Bender
New User
Aug 26, 2023
Hi everyone!

This is my setup after 12 years with an Acer 7750G upgraded to its latest supported processor + eGPU (and yep you can play DOOM Eternal at 4K 50-60 FPS with a laptop from 2011).

I am a owner of this case and I'm quite happy with it. The setup is:

* Asus Rog STRIX z790-i
* AIO Corsair H100i Elite (with iCUE)
* 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz (30-40-40-96) G.Skill Trident Z5
* i9 13900KF
* Slow SATAIII SSD Crucial MX500 4TB
* PNY nVIDIA RTX 2060 12GB
* PSU Cooler Master V850 SFX

I was evaluating to upgrade to a RTX 4090 but unfortunately the card is way too long for the case and well... I don't want to buy another one after just 1 month with it.
The case is pretty cool although I find a but cumbersome to fit a proper custom liquid cooling for both CPU+GPU. Just being a centimeter wider would mark the difference here.

My plan was to upgrade to a custom liquid cooling for both CPU + GPU and I started taking measures. I'm really surprised to find that officially Lian Li states that the maximum size for the upper radiator is 240 when it has plenty of room for more. I started searching for a Radiator + pump combo and I found out this thing that seems to perfectly fit in the case (I took measures) 307mm radiator+pump combo . From the back power connector 'til the front of the case there is exactly 308mm although I would probably have to do something with the clips from the front panel. In any case in that same link you can find the 275mm long version.

For the graphic card I thought to buy the new iChill 4090 Frostbite Pro once it is available together with a 240mm slim radiator on the side (there is room for this) + slim fans and connect everything together.

Is there someone in this forum who has achieved this or a similar setup? After I took measures of the space it seems feasible. In any case I will give it a try and will be posting the results.

P.S.: The i9 13900KF must be limited to 253 watts as minimum. With that setup Cinebench R23 sets the CPU Package temperature to around 90-92 degrees (although I did test it this summer hot). I have ended up limiting and undervolting a bit the CPU in order to achieve 205 Watts and 5Ghz speed at 1.24v. Cinebench R23 gives the same score setting the CPU at barely 80 degress and Prime95 is stable setting the CPU package temp. to 95 degrees (never throttled). This again as been this summer with all this hot weather everywhere so I think this is a really safe config for this cpu and this 240mm AIO. For those laughing I have to say that I initially had a liquid freezer II 360 and it couldn't cope with the stock settings of the CPU + the block is horrendous and looks like a toy thing.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
P.S.: The i9 13900KF must be limited to 253 watts as minimum. With that setup Cinebench R23 sets the CPU Package temperature to around 90-92 degrees (although I did test it this summer hot). I have ended up limiting and undervolting a bit the CPU in order to achieve 205 Watts and 5Ghz speed at 1.24v. Cinebench R23 gives the same score setting the CPU at barely 80 degress and Prime95 is stable setting the CPU package temp. to 95 degrees (never throttled). This again as been this summer with all this hot weather everywhere so I think this is a really safe config for this cpu and this 240mm AIO. For those laughing I have to say that I initially had a liquid freezer II 360 and it couldn't cope with the stock settings of the CPU + the block is horrendous and looks like a toy thing.
According to tests done by ComputerBase.de, you could actually set the PL to 142 W and not lose any significant amounts of performance.

cu, w0lf.

Xed32

Efficiency Noob
Oct 13, 2023
Wonder if that height is with the small pump cap or the big mirror one. Wish they listed each height.

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
I purchased my A4 H20 used, and it did not come with two of the thumb screws that secure the side panels to the rear of the case (yes, I know you don't really need to use them). It also did not come with the two longer PCIe riser card stand-offs to move the GPU closer to the side panel. The stand-offs appear to be 22 mm long in the CAD model on Lian Li's website, but most of the ones I've found at Amazon are 20 mm long. @dondan, can you tell me the length of the longer stand-off (and threading) that will properly place the GPU in the two outer slot position? Also, what is the threading and length of the thumb screws? Thanks.