DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I have recently finished building my A4SFX and really happy with the outcome. and did not know the it's possible to put the noctua fan on the bottom orienation so it's sucking fresh air on the bottom vents and blowing it directly to the rad

I agree with the others. There’s too little room for the tubing when I tried that layout.

Last edited:

madbrayniak

Caliper Novice
Jun 23, 2018
I think it would be great to see more custom loops in the A4 :)

Lol, well I just ordered a Synology NAS instead of trying to build one into my big Caselabs case.

Next I will be looking to rebuild my personal computer in ITX form.

I like the A4 alot but I also have the big XE360 rad that is only 10 months old so I may do an external rad setup or just sell it all off and go back to air.

Hard to have time to do maintenance on water loop with two kids under age of 3

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Lol, well I just ordered a Synology NAS instead of trying to build one into my big Caselabs case.

Next I will be looking to rebuild my personal computer in ITX form.

I like the A4 alot but I also have the big XE360 rad that is only 10 months old so I may do an external rad setup or just sell it all off and go back to air.

Hard to have time to do maintenance on water loop with two kids under age of 3
Haha agreed. I have a 3 year old, and can’t seem to find time to tinker much, and having a custom loop could mean extended down time on a machine.

Reactions: madbrayniak

madbrayniak

Caliper Novice
Jun 23, 2018
Haha agreed. I have a 3 year old, and can’t seem to find time to tinker much, and having a custom loop could mean extended down time on a machine.

Yea, so I just pulled the trigger today on a Synology DS918+ NAS which now makes keeping my M8 from Caselabs meaningless unless I do something like Threadripper with multiple gaming VMs....which sounds like a fun project but I think instead I am going to sell all my watercooling gear and the case and get an A4.

Was thinking NCase but I really like the A4 better.

If I get enough for the case and watercooling gear I might try and get something like a RTX2070 or 2080.

I'll probably go with the 2700X for the CPU though, I do alot of multitasking since this is also my work computer and being able to take a break from a spreadsheet for a few minutes or let a game continue to run in the background as I do some work is very beneficial to me since I am doing that all the time.

I'm not concerned with overclocking it but increasing the XFR range seems the better way to go.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Yea, so I just pulled the trigger today on a Synology DS918+ NAS which now makes keeping my M8 from Caselabs meaningless unless I do something like Threadripper with multiple gaming VMs....which sounds like a fun project but I think instead I am going to sell all my watercooling gear and the case and get an A4.

Was thinking NCase but I really like the A4 better.

If I get enough for the case and watercooling gear I might try and get something like a RTX2070 or 2080.

I'll probably go with the 2700X for the CPU though, I do alot of multitasking since this is also my work computer and being able to take a break from a spreadsheet for a few minutes or let a game continue to run in the background as I do some work is very beneficial to me since I am doing that all the time.

I'm not concerned with overclocking it but increasing the XFR range seems the better way to go.
I have both the M1 and the A4. For regular use, I feel that the M1 easier to keep cool, and much more quiet. My M1 is mostly home use (6700K + 1080, C14 + Accelero3) with some rendering tasks here and there. I use my A4 as a tranportable workstation (8700K + Quadro P4000, LP53 with TY100 fan).

Andy_Zhang

Case Bender
Apr 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

So my Dan Case shipped on Aug 23 according to the email from sfflab. However the tracking info did not update at all since then. Did anyone have the same situation? The last tracking info from Aug 23 was “Original post is preparing shipment”. I live in NYS and paid for the 1-2 week shipping.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Consider, perhaps, that there was just a national US holiday and it hasn't been 2 weeks since you received the shipping notice?

Durthan

What's an ITX?
New User
May 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

So my Dan Case shipped on Aug 23 according to the email from sfflab. However the tracking info did not update at all since then. Did anyone have the same situation? The last tracking info from Aug 23 was “Original post is preparing shipment”. I live in NYS and paid for the 1-2 week shipping.

I wouldn't worry about it yet. That seems similar to my experience with the tracking. Nothing updated until it hit the US and then suddenly it was scheduled to be delivered the next day.

Rolling9Deep

Caliper Novice
Sep 5, 2018
Hi all,

First post on SFF.

Over the last few weeks I've been doing my youtube and forum research on my next build. (Current machine is an air cooled i2500K with a 980 GTX TI, originally built in Jan, 2011 inside a micro-atx Silverstone FT03 (originally with a Nvidia GTX 280)).

Thinking of doing an air-cooled GTX1080TI intel 9th generation build with either a DAN case or LOUQE case. Any thoughts of which 1080 GTX TI I should be hunting for? The build will be used for gaming (1440P) and video work. I'm cool with going the AMD route as well. Any thoughts? (I'd like to go with air cooling as I plan to be flying a fair amount with it as carry on.)

Cheers,

Muaddib666

Case Bender
New User
Sep 4, 2018
Hi there SFF forum!
This is my first post here and my first SFF build. I really loved the look of the DAN case and jumped on the opportunity to get the v2 when it was released. It took some time to put together the parts, but it is finally finished and I wanted to share it here. I work in motion graphics and illustration, so I needed a rig that would be up to the challenge of heavy AE, C4D, and illustration software (primarily PS and AI). The combination of lots of power in a small container lead to some challenges, but in the end, I'm satisfied with the results.

Here is a link to some photos of the final build: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmrz2cF9

Here are the specs for my machine:
- Asrock X299E-ITX/AC MB
- i9 7900x CPU (overclocked - though only slightly due to my limited understanding of proper overclocking)
- 64gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM
- Silverstone SST-SX650W SFX PSU
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GPU
- Corsair H115i Pro 280mm AIO
- Custom designed and 3D printed enclosure for the AIO

I designed and 3D printed a box with a perforated pattern similar to that on the vented sides to house the AIO. The supports (which are screwed into the holes for the feet) keep the case from moving and create a single, solid unit that can be picked up and moved without fear of damage to the case or AIO. The rubber feet were then repurposed to lift the AIO box up off the ground for further air flow. I modified the case slighty to allow access for the AIO hoses, cutting out a piece from the bottom (where the hard drives would sit) and a very small piece from the front panel. Neither modification is noticable from the outside. I also shortened all the power cables to allow for more space below the PSU.

The only thing I haven't done is connect the front USB cable to the MB. I am waiting on a right-angle USB 3.0 MB adapter from modDIY to come in.

I realize that the DAN C4-SFX is going to drop here in the near future, but I wanted to work with what I had available. I may transfer my setup into a C4 (with some modifications to the AIO and any other parts that may not fit), but for now I excited to move away from the giant box of a machine that lives under my desk.

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
Hi there SFF forum!
This is my first post here and my first SFF build. I really loved the look of the DAN case and jumped on the opportunity to get the v2 when it was released. It took some time to put together the parts, but it is finally finished and I wanted to share it here. I work in motion graphics and illustration, so I needed a rig that would be up to the challenge of heavy AE, C4D, and illustration software (primarily PS and AI). The combination of lots of power in a small container lead to some challenges, but in the end, I'm satisfied with the results.

Here is a link to some photos of the final build: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmrz2cF9

Here are the specs for my machine:
- Asrock X299E-ITX/AC MB
- i9 7900x CPU (overclocked - though only slightly due to my limited understanding of proper overclocking)
- 64gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM
- Silverstone SST-SX650W SFX PSU
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GPU
- Corsair H115i Pro 280mm AIO
- Custom designed and 3D printed enclosure for the AIO

I designed and 3D printed a box with a perforated pattern similar to that on the vented sides to house the AIO. The supports (which are screwed into the holes for the feet) keep the case from moving and create a single, solid unit that can be picked up and moved without fear of damage to the case or AIO. The rubber feet were then repurposed to lift the AIO box up off the ground for further air flow. I modified the case slighty to allow access for the AIO hoses, cutting out a piece from the bottom (where the hard drives would sit) and a very small piece from the front panel. Neither modification is noticable from the outside. I also shortened all the power cables to allow for more space below the PSU.

The only thing I haven't done is connect the front USB cable to the MB. I am waiting on a right-angle USB 3.0 MB adapter from modDIY to come in.

I realize that the DAN C4-SFX is going to drop here in the near future, but I wanted to work with what I had available. I may transfer my setup into a C4 (with some modifications to the AIO and any other parts that may not fit), but for now I excited to move away from the giant box of a machine that lives under my desk.
Pretty creative. What kind of temps you gettjng with that full size AIO?

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
Does anyone know where one could pickup the 120mm aio bracket included with V3...? I have V2

Muaddib666

Case Bender
New User
Sep 4, 2018
Pretty creative. What kind of temps you gettjng with that full size AIO?
Thanks!

I have my CPU overclocked to 3.8GHz and I ran a 24 hour stress test using AIDA 64. It was fairly steady (within 2 degrees) at 82c. Non-stress it sits between 28-30c. So, not super cool at 100% load, but keeps it under control. With the processor at stock speeds, that high temp comes down the 74-75c range (low temp drops a little as well, but not as dramatically)

I was considering sending the processor into Silicon Lottery for delidding, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. It seems like delidding is the best way to get temps if overclocking is a consideration.