C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
www.minimalisticpc.com
Well, time for the yearly update then...

My dear friend Laine made this custom reservoir for me, I was going to go without one but this one actually fits in the build.

Small pump, small reservoir.

The loop is now fully planned out and the only thing left is two bends.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Well, time for the yearly update then...

My dear friend Laine made this custom reservoir for me, I was going to go without one but this one actually fits in the build.

Small pump, small reservoir.

The loop is now fully planned out and the only thing left is two bends.

He lives! Looks awesome, hope we don't have to wait a whole year till the next update! ;)

C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
www.minimalisticpc.com
So... I might actually be finishing up this project for real, pretty soon.

Today I spent most of my time in my workshop, taking apart pumps and swapping pump-parts, but now it works. I also got the mSATA SSD to work as a OS disk, so the 2.5" SSD is now gone which gave me space to route the custom-loop better. Also less cables as I dont need a SATA power connector anymore.

So here are photos of CURV3D with the finished loop, its all leak-tested so later this week I will be filling it up, flushing everything and then add some blue color dye.

The workshop, I love having my own space instead of using the kitchentable.

The things left to do now is to clean up the build, buff up the acrylic, flush the loop and fill it up, install everything needed for the front LCD. After that this project is.... done? I started this in 2011, I cant understand how long its been. I am looking forward to taking the final photos of this build and be done with it. :)

Best regards,
Johan Nyman

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
So... I might actually be finishing up this project for real, pretty soon.

Today I spent most of my time in my workshop, taking apart pumps and swapping pump-parts, but now it works. I also got the mSATA SSD to work as a OS disk, so the 2.5" SSD is now gone which gave me space to route the custom-loop better. Also less cables as I dont need a SATA power connector anymore.

So here are photos of CURV3D with the finished loop, its all leak-tested so later this week I will be filling it up, flushing everything and then add some blue color dye.

The workshop, I love having my own space instead of using the kitchentable.

The things left to do now is to clean up the build, buff up the acrylic, flush the loop and fill it up, install everything needed for the front LCD. After that this project is.... done? I started this in 2011, I cant understand how long its been. I am looking forward to taking the final photos of this build and be done with it. :)

Best regards,
Johan Nyman

I would be perfectly happy if it continued evolving for the next few years! :p

Reactions: ricochet

C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
www.minimalisticpc.com
Oh well, where should I start?

The first photos I find from this build is dated 2011, thats 9 years ago. In those 9 years I got a job in the industry, got married, had two kids, bought a house. This project has always been there though, waiting to be finished and now it is.

I took some time to get some good final photos of this and here they are.

Lets start with this one, this is the evolution from the beginning up until now, hardware have been upgraded so has the cooling.

Im satisfied with the result and will now leave this project behind, needed after 9 years. :D

The loop is pretty straightforward, I only bent two tubes, tried having them follow the overall theme of the build, all the other parts of the loop was connected with fittings.

This LCD have been with the build from the beginning, a LCDMODKIT 4x20 LCD, controlled with LCDSmartie to show different info.

The only lights in the PC is these DRAM, white and blue, manual RGB. :D

Some photos from different angles.

The entire thought behind the project have always been to be a HTPC and now after 9 years it sits there by the TV.

I want to thank everyone who followed this project and have been commenting, I also want to give a big thank you to Laine for all the help and brainstorming over the years.

This build will not be updated with new hardware or rebuilt, it is now finally 100% done and it feels good. Onto the next old project to finish up!

With kind regards,
Johan Nyman

mindad

Chassis Packer
Dec 22, 2019
Very nice! This is an excellent build. I can only hope mine comes out looking half as good.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Oh well, where should I start?

The first photos I find from this build is dated 2011, thats 9 years ago. In those 9 years I got a job in the industry, got married, had two kids, bought a house. This project has always been there though, waiting to be finished and now it is.

I took some time to get some good final photos of this and here they are.

Lets start with this one, this is the evolution from the beginning up until now, hardware have been upgraded so has the cooling.

Im satisfied with the result and will now leave this project behind, needed after 9 years. :D

The loop is pretty straightforward, I only bent two tubes, tried having them follow the overall theme of the build, all the other parts of the loop was connected with fittings.

This LCD have been with the build from the beginning, a LCDMODKIT 4x20 LCD, controlled with LCDSmartie to show different info.

The only lights in the PC is these DRAM, white and blue, manual RGB. :D

Some photos from different angles.

The entire thought behind the project have always been to be a HTPC and now after 9 years it sits there by the TV.

I want to thank everyone who followed this project and have been commenting, I also want to give a big thank you to Laine for all the help and brainstorming over the years.

This build will not be updated with new hardware or rebuilt, it is now finally 100% done and it feels good. Onto the next old project to finish up!

With kind regards,
Johan Nyman

Wow, that's an epic finish to an epic build log!
Overall, the aesthetic is fantastic, and the colors work so well.
Thanks for sharing all this, it's been fun to read.